JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

2 minutes ago, Michał said:

Good catch. She's over 70 and I usually miss small details…

I saw in NDR news site I posted earlier a video where it can be seen as perpetrator enters the KH through a window. My German is rusty but I think that he broke the window and went through it. Please verify it.

Isa 30:15 not Isa 31:15

41 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

In a way I am relieved it was an EX-JW In a way) as it makes it an isolated event... otherwise we could be scared that it would be repeated in other places

And one good thing amidst the disaster is that a police car was passing nearby and inrvened in time. The killer ran to the top floor and killed himself after the police tryed to convince him to surrender

With the ammount of ammonition he had clearly his purpose was to kill everybody

I agree with you

it was a miracle the police was passing by

it seems he had more bullets 

Otherwise he could have killed more

divine provision?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

alcohol?   scriptures says it can speak weird things.   I knew someone that tried to light a kingdom hall on fire and was kicked out of the country.  he was drunk and told police he was mad at the elders. 

self aware and self control are needed in this day and age.

47 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Someone can confirme if the killer was disffelowshiped or dissociated himself? I'm getting contraditory statements...

Gunman who killed 6 at German Jehovah’s Witness hall known to authorities

10 March 2023 - Washington Post

The gunman who shot up a Jehovah’s Witness hall in Hamburg on Thursday night before killing himself had been flagged earlier to authorities as a possible threat, police revealed in a Friday news conference.

German officials are still investigating the motive of the shooting, in which six people were killed and a woman 28 weeks pregnant suffered a miscarriage. Four people were seriously injured.

While there are no indications of the gunman having a terrorism-related background, local authorities did receive an anonymous message in January that raised alarm over the 35-year-old man’s hatred of his former employer and religious groups, particularly the Jehovah’s Witnesses, of which he was a member until around 18 months ago.

The message raised questions over whether the man — who had legally purchased a semiautomatic handgun on a sports shooter license — was mentally fit to own a firearm. Investigators who subsequently checked the man’s home in February, however, did not find any evidence to justify revoking his license, police said Friday, while acknowledging those sent had not been trained to spot signs of mental illness.

German officials said there are varying accounts of whether the gunman left the Jehovah’s Witnesses voluntarily in 2021 or whether he was expelled from the group.

Authorities said the gunman started shooting outside the Jehovah’s Witness hall, injuring a woman who managed to flee in a car.

Gregor Miesbach told German television news agency NonstopNews that he heard over 25 shots and saw a person enter the building through a window, before opening fire inside.

After arriving at the hall, police heard one last gunshot from within the Jehovah’s Witness building and found a body when they followed the sound, Hamburg police spokesman Holger Vehren said.

Footage from the scene initially made authorities believe that there may be two shooters, prompting a large-scale manhunt in and around Hamburg, but authorities later said they believe the gunman acted alone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/10/hamburg-shooting-jehovahs-witness-germany/

Edited by Parale

12 minutes ago, Parale said:

Gunman who killed 6 at German Jehovah’s Witness hall known to authorities

10 March 2023 - Washington Post

The gunman who shot up a Jehovah’s Witness hall in Hamburg on Thursday night before killing himself had been flagged earlier to authorities as a possible threat, police revealed in a Friday news conference.

German officials are still investigating the motive of the shooting, in which six people were killed and a woman 28 weeks pregnant suffered a miscarriage. Four people were seriously injured.

While there are no indications of the gunman having a terrorism-related background, local authorities did receive an anonymous message in January that raised alarm over the 35-year-old man’s hatred of his former employer and religious groups, particularly the Jehovah’s Witnesses, of which he was a member until around 18 months ago.

The message raised questions over whether the man — who had legally purchased a semiautomatic handgun on a sports shooter license — was mentally fit to own a firearm. Investigators who subsequently checked the man’s home in February, however, did not find any evidence to justify revoking his license, police said Friday, while acknowledging those sent had not been trained to spot signs of mental illness.

German officials said there are varying accounts of whether the gunman left the Jehovah’s Witnesses voluntarily in 2021 or whether he was expelled from the group.

Authorities said the gunman started shooting outside the Jehovah’s Witness hall, injuring a woman who managed to flee in a car.

Gregor Miesbach told German television news agency NonstopNews that he heard over 25 shots and saw a person enter the building through a window, before opening fire inside.

After arriving at the hall, police heard one last gunshot from within the Jehovah’s Witness building and found a body when they followed the sound, Hamburg police spokesman Holger Vehren said.

Footage from the scene initially made authorities believe that there may be two shooters, prompting a large-scale manhunt in and around Hamburg, but authorities later said they believe the gunman acted alone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/10/hamburg-shooting-jehovahs-witness-germany/

No matter he was DF or not, if he goes to apostate sites and feeds on it, then Satan has him. These apostates sites is becoming more demonic.

14 hours ago, Rocco said:

Não haverá muito sobre isso pela organização. Uma afirmação. 

Possivelmente uma ou duas sentenças sobre quantos morreram. Não há necessidade de criar medo ou pânico. 

but we had necessary information yes! so much so that it was featured in JW. 

13 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

It’s on Portuguese channel SIC NOTÍCIAS this video

seems legitimate 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Sorry

its in Portuguese…

its stared everywhere he was a former member. Not explaining further.

This is so very sad indeed.... Praying for the friends and the victims families. 😢

Also  there are some halls that have no windows in the doors only a small peep hole to see out of. (The hall I go to has this).   

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

23 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Whereas in the beginning the murderer is seen shooting through the window, four seconds in someone manages to close the metal (?) blinds typical to buildings in Central Europe, or the murderer’s bullets hit the lighting/electricity gets cut off 😓

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

3 minutes ago, BlaqueCalalilly said:

Also  there are some halls that have no windows in the doors only a small peep hole to see out of. (The hall I go to has this).

Not having windows seems to be far more typical for Kingdom Halls in the US, perhaps UK, too. Our Hall doesn’t have any windows.

In Northern Europe I can’t remember that I would have been to a single Hall with no windows whatsoever, and even then most windows (at least typically) are quite large in size.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

In the comment section of a French news media, someone was saying mockingly that the victims at the hospital would die anyway because we don't accept blood transfusions

I felt the need to defend my brothers so I explained to him that this simply does not happen, we respect life and find ways to be healed notably through bloodless alternative techniques

He apologized and said he did not know

I guess that counts as giving a witness 🤔

3 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a change to close all kingdom halls and have a video door bell on the entrance

As this world deteriorates that wouldn’t be a bad idea. 
I know that won’t stop every act of violence but it will help to limit it. 

16 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

Not having windows seems to be far more typical for Kingdom Halls in the US, perhaps UK, too

Yes that is correct. 
Here in the UK in my congregation there are no windows at all. We just have a fire escape door at the front of the hall and the entrance doors have no windows but are wooden. 

3 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

Trying to get up to go to work right now; woke up abruptly several times during the night. Every time my first conscious thought was about the incident in Hamburg 😭 Jehovah, don't be slow concerning your promise!

I lost hours of sleep last night myself.  My brain was like a revolving door. As I messaged “Friends Just Call Me Ross” yesterday: We all know things like this are going to happen, but it still shocks us.

I’m going to need all of Jehovah’s help he can give me this morning for the ministry.

As for our Kingdom Hall, we’ve always had windows. Our entrance door is all glass, 😬 straight ahead from that are the glass doors 😬 to the auditorium.  

Shouldn’t but it makes me a little nervous sitting in the middle rows. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Anonymous tip-off, German gun laws failed to stop slaughter at Jehovah's Witnesses hall

10 March 2023 - Reuters

A deadly rampage at a Jehovah's Witnesses hall in Hamburg has put scrutiny on how the gunman was in legal possession of a semi-automatic pistol despite Germany's tightened gun laws and a prior warning about his suspicious behaviour.

The exact motives were still unknown, but officials said the gunman had previously expressed his hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses. He had once been a member of their community and had grown up in a religious family in southern Germany.

According to a briefing given by police and prosecutors in Hamburg on Friday, Philipp F. was the licenced owner of a Heckler & Koch P30 semi-automatic handgun.

He was an amateur marksman, part of Germany's strong hunting and gun sports tradition.

Philipp F. had no criminal record or any links to terrorism prior to the attack that would have automatically prevented him from owning a gun.

However, the authorities had received an anonymous tip-off with allegations of disturbing behaviour in January.

"The anonymous person expressed the opinion in the letter that Philipp F. could be suffering from a mental illness, without, as the person wrote, this being medically diagnosed since Philipp F. would not seek medical treatment," Ralf Meyer, the head of the Hamburg police, told the briefing.

"Philipp F. supposedly harbours a particular anger towards religious followers especially towards Jehovah's Witnesses and his former employer."

The tip-off prompted two police officers to carry out an unannounced check at his home on Feb. 7.

When they met Philipp F., he was cooperative and gave no indication of mental health problems. The officers even ended up chatting about how the flat was furnished.

His licence was inspected and police also had to check whether his weapon and ammunition were properly stored, which they were, except for one projectile that was incorrectly lying on top of the gun safe.

Philipp F. was given a verbal warning about the stray projectile. He was apologetic and the projectile was placed into the safe, after which the police felt they could not take any more action.

"The entire situation also showed no indications for the officers that could have pointed to a mental illness," said Meyer. "On the contrary, they had a further conversation with him about a variety of things, such as the furnishing of the flat and similar things, and at the end they went out and gave him a verbal warning for the minor offence."

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/anonymous-tip-off-german-gun-laws-failed-stop-slaughter-jehovahs-witnesses-hall-2023-03-10/

Edited by Parale

2 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

If the reports are true that the murderer had disassociated himself, I wonder if any part of the investigation will dive into the material he was reading on the Internet, or the people he was spending time with. Even with mental or emotional illnesses, he must have built up the hatred somewhere. No wonder Apostle John wrote that “the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and is walking in the darkness, and he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.” (1 John 2:9-11) 😞

That is a very good point. Hate speech by apostates shows who the fanatics really are.