JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

18 minutes ago, Skye said:

Glad you’re ok. We are farther out but still shaken. My prayers are with the families and friends of all affected. Satan’s cruel world indeed.

You too! 💞  I have written to ask about someone we know in Hamburg. Last days indeed. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Maybe moderators will change the name of the topic, there are several killed- not «only» wonded. 

Here is a direct picture from the news 15 min ago. 
please Jehovah hold hard in the brothers and sisters hands. Isaiah 41:10 

Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you, I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.’

0BC6F947-75B7-47D3-86F9-B1C2C1B904A4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Old said:

I wonder if we will hear of the conflicts with the trauma staff and our stand on blood. Extreme pressure will is placed on these families, totally without warning, so sad.

Yes, I think our stand on blood will be front and center with the media.

18 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Our Evening News is quite confronting. Many cameras recorded the horror.

Some may benefit not to watch the News Reel.

Do you know the channel? I find nothing on evening News Australia.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Makes me think how timely the morning worship part was in this months broadcast about a word of encouragement. These dear will need our encouragement through our prayers. We can be sure that despite its tragic nature, Jehovah and Jesus have everything under control and will provide the encouragement and support our dear brothers need. 

The tested quality of our faith works out endurance. 

Translation:

Statement on the rampage in Hamburg

Selters/Taunus, March 9th, 2023 – The religious community is deeply affected by the horrific amok attack on its members of the faith in a Kingdom Hall in Hamburg after a service.  Several people died and others were seriously injured.  Our deepest sympathy goes to the families of the victims and the traumatized eyewitnesses.  The local church ministers are doing their best to support them in this difficult hour.  We pray for all those affected and wish them the power of the God of all comfort (1 Corinthians 1:3, 4).

1 hour ago, Old said:

Do you know the channel? I find nothing on evening News Australia.

5 at 5pm. Then 7 at 6pm after the 'local' news (so approx 6:20)

There has not been much mention on our ABC during the day.

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

42 minutes ago, Hanni said:

According to german media the shooter was an ex brother, between 30 and 40 years old. It makes me sick! Can‘t concentrate on anything else today. I have already prayed that this won‘t overcast the Memorial & invitation to the Memorial. 

I'm sure many prayers have been sent to Jehovah since this sad event.

So sad 😔

My aunt who lives in south Germany I was stressed when she heard the news report in the morning. She says that Satan wants to terrify us so we would give up. 

She also pointed me to a German NDR radio/tv. This is current recap: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/hamburg/Tote-nach-Schuessen-in-Hamburg-Polizei-spricht-von-Amoktat,schiesserei744.html

Its in German but I used translator in the web browser. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

17 minutes ago, Bosko said:

I can confirm from a reliable source that the killer was an disfellowshipped person.

So sad.

Its really sad,

I remember a time when a man seriously lost his temper at the COBE of my congregation for not agreeing to approve him for baptism despite the efforts he's been making,for some time now the man has stopped attending meetings.

Some people can take it very seriously when they lose approval or recognition in the congregation.