JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

6 minutes ago, Dove said:

My daughter is friends with an elder who is dating a sister who's daughter goes to that KH. She said he wasn't disfellowshipped. It is third party but a pretty direct connection. . .

So he dissociated himself?

Or has nothing to do with us?

he says in his site that he was raised in an evangelic strict family

Photos: Hamburg Interior Senator Andy Grote and German Interior minister Nancy Faeser lay down flowers at the scene of a shooting in Hamburg, Germany, 10 March 2023.

https://epaimages.com/search.pp?flush=1&multikeyword=Andy Grote Nancy Faeser hamburg&objecttype=0&objecttype=1

But you can’t zoom your life away. These attacks can happen at your workplace, when you’re shopping, at school. 

We know our brothers will review security and the rest we leave to Jehovah. If he wants us to keep meeting in person, we do it, “and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near”. 

8 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

After what has happened am still taking it in 😭but Maybe this could lead to more brother's and sisters over the world shook up and a lot might join there meeting on zoom cause they dont feel safe going in person for now am still on zoom. 

We wouldn't stop driving a car only because someone else had this model and died in an accident....

or stop flying on holiday because of a plane crash.....

We trust in Jehovah's promise that he will resurrect us and obey his command to meet together..

so don't worry.....we will be fine....

12 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

So he dissociated himself?

Or has nothing to do with us?

he says in his site that he was raised in an evangelic strict family

Quoting:  'the shooter left the congregation (perhaps resigned) was not disfellowshipped. He was intelligent, wrote a book about similar subjects and that her daughter is fine'...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

12 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

But you can’t zoom your life away. These attacks can happen at your workplace, when you’re shopping, at school. 

We know our brothers will review security and the rest we leave to Jehovah. If he wants us to keep meeting in person, we do it, “and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near”. 

This made me think of the brother who recently was shot while sitting in his car in Service. As horrible as it was, this would not make us stop going in the ministry

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

An official representative being interviewed for 10 minutes by the journalists after the press conference, excellent answers to the questions from the journalists. It is in German and from the US you need a VPN for watching this .

https://www.t-online.de/region/hamburg/id_100141964/amok-bei-zeugen-jehovas-gemeindesprecher-spricht-von-dramatischen-szenen.html

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

My German neighbour I talk to on the street from time-to-time just wrote me to ask if we believe such perpetrators go to hell. Our preaching is not slowing down!!

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

We know the reason behind it, Satan. He would love nothing more than for everyone to stop going to meetings, going on the ministry, that’s his main goal. Let’s not let him win. 

this was sent to our group whatsapp chat to try and encourage us. https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/experiences/coping-adversity/dejanerio-brown-broken-not-destroyed/

and don’t forget the article on how to help children deal with what they hear on the news. The information is very timely. https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/help-children-deal-with-news/

I've been wondering why some congregations are still hold meetings at night,I thought that practice has been discouraged for security reasons?

I feel that  In this time of the last days we should not expect that anywhere will be exempted from satan's wrath,or will be any much better security-wise.it is important that we apply every security measures no matter where we live,even if it seems like attack is not imminent.

37 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Maybe this could lead to more brother's and sisters over the world shook up and a lot might join their meeting on zoom cause they dont feel safe going in person for now am still on zoom. 

You are right My Brother some may truly experience the concern you mentioned and that is exactly what Satan wants. Wars persecution, frontal attacks, murder these are all tactics that the evil one uses to try to cause us to fear.  
Remember when fear enters, faith flees.  Which is what the apostle Peter experienced

“when Peter looked at the storm, he became overwhelmed with fear and doubt and began to sink.—Matt. 14:24-31.”   w21 December p. 17-18

Fervent prayers are needed by all of us as this system is rapidly shutting down and remember 

For he has said: “I will never leave you, and I will never abandon you.”So that we may be of good courage and say: “Jehovah is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”  Heb. 13:5,6

agapé

your sister

D

The whole congregation must be in such a terrible state with grief. I wonder if one of the GB or Helpers might go there

We saw how German Statesmen attended and showed their concern 

Bro. Loesch is German but up in age

Edited by Dove

29 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

I've been wondering why some congregations are still hold meetings at night,I thought that practice has been discouraged for security reasons?

I feel that  In this time of the last days we should not expect that anywhere will be exempted from satan's wrath,or will be any much better security-wise.it is important that we apply every security measures no matter where we live,even if it seems like attack is not imminent.

If the majority of friends work during the day there's no other option than to meet at night

9 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

I think disfellowshipping might be. 

You make a good point.  Especially since disfellowshipping is currently a legal issue in Norway, just north of Germany.

One official said that some of those severely wounded may not pull through.  And that may put a spotlight on our refusal to accept blood.  The reports say that 25 were wounded, several quite seriously.  Can you imagine the emergency room receiving gunshot victims all of whom refuse blood?

This tragic and heartbreaking incident is the headline in every news program today. I just watched a special report in German free TV, and I am relieved that the report - although emotional - was quite a factual one. I had feared that, in addition to the incident being already terrible, there would come disgrace on Jehovah's name, but German television (with a few exceptions on private channels, where it was to be expected) did a very professional job, even mentioning that the speaker of Jehovah's Witnesses thanked the police for their quick and courageous action.

Chrissy :wave:

32 minutes ago, Dove said:

The whole congregation must be in such a terrible state with grief. I wonder if one of the GB or Helpers might go there

Bro Losch is comming to visit Portugal in middle may

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Psalm 55:22 is such a comforting scripture for this absolutely tragic situation.

I'm reminded of this thought from the book Imitate Their Faith, commenting on Hannah's prayer to Jehovah, perhaps you too will find it reassuring:

She had, in a sense, transferred the weight of her emotional burden to shoulders infinitely broader and stronger than her own, those of her heavenly Father. (Read Psalm 55:22.) Is any problem too heavy for him? No—not then, not now, not ever!

When we feel loaded down, overwhelmed, or overcome with sadness, we do well to follow Hannah’s example and speak openly to the One whom the Bible calls the “Hearer of prayer.” (Ps. 65:2) If we do so in faith, we too may find that our sadness is replaced by “the peace of God that excels all thought.”—Phil. 4:6, 7

Keep our dear brothers and sisters in our prayers ❤️

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I was thinking the very same thing..🙁

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif