JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

44 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I realize that you are citing this scripture because the words ask "how long".  But this scripture has already been fulfilled.  It refers to Jesus being anointed King of the Kingdom in 1914 and then seeing the "souls" (lives) of the righteous 144,000 under the altar asking "how long".  They are given robes and told to wait a little longer.  But their resurrection wait was over sometime between 1918 to 1935.  Those in that dead condition have all been raised decades ago.  The scripture is fulfilled.  Now they await the signal to attack and accomplish God's Vengeance, 

*** w07 1/1 p. 29 pars. 16-17 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way! ***

So after war, famine, and pestilence began to ravage the earth, members of the 144,000 who were dead, represented by the blood at the base of the altar, were raised to heavenly life and clothed in symbolic white robes.

17 Those newly resurrected ones must “rest.” They must wait patiently for God’s day of vengeance

Thank you for the additional explanation.

I think the principle still applies to our situation now though.

4 hours ago, Ishaya said:

Recently a teenage unbaptized publisher girl in my congregation got disapproved because of unchristian conduct.

She is the only one in her family who took interest in the truth and has been making concerted efforts in attending meetings and field service,however the lack of in-person meeting during the covid period caused her to have relapses which led to her being disapproved.

This caused a lot of brothers in the congregation to start talking badly of her and seeing her as being unserious and "worldly".

I personally refused to buy those derogatory opinions about her because I know how it feels to be the only person in your family who is struggling to serve Jehovah as a JW.

I visited her home few days ago to offer encouragements even though i am not an Elder but as someone who understands her situation,

her mother lamented to me about how the girl has been abandoned by we the JW as if we view her as a "lost and unredeemable soul".

I was terrible grieved by her utterances.

I also know how it feels as I'm the only jw in my family and am really struggling to stay a float

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

Has it been announced they joined?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

Yes 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

There are 6 congregations in the Kingdom Hall Building:

Deelboege 17

22297 Hamburg

Germany

Twi

Romanian

Croatian

Tagalog

English

German

My brother and his wife are still in schock. The know all the victims personally.

Especially the Couple who lost their unborn child. They were at their wedding 10 years ago.

One sister had today her second operation and will end in a wheelchair.

Public witnessing is still stopped.

My brother had yesterday an elder meeting and one elder said: nobody should ever see how the Kingdom Hall looks like after the attack. They all struggle to come to terms with what happend...but everyone is offering support to each other....making constant phone calls and writing cards to the families of the victims.

We just ordered cards and will write to each of the congregations.

Is it okay to share this with theocratic friends who are not on jwtalk?

7 minutes ago, Californiamama said:

Is it okay to share this with theocratic friends who are not on jwtalk?

I would say it it is okay to share the address, since that was found on JW.ORG 👍

Would not share the rest of the JWTalk message, though.

You could always PM the poster and ask them to PM, or email, that information to you.

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

I would say it it is, since the info was found on JW.ORG 👍

I agree with that, even though the spelling of deelboge is a bit different, but I was wondering about the entire post that involves personal information.  Our hearts ache for our brothers and sisters who have gone through this trauma.  Many want to know more, but I know we need to be cautious about what we share. I believe the brothers here have accurate information and sharing would be out of concern and love, not titillation or gossip.  I just don't want to overstep. 😬

Just now, Californiamama said:

I agree with that, even though the spelling of deelboge is a bit different, but I was wondering about the entire post that involves personal information.  Our hearts ache for our brothers and sisters who have gone through this trauma.  Many want to know more, but I know we need to be cautious about what we share. I believe the brothers here have accurate information and sharing would be out of concern and love, not titillation or gossip.  I just don't want to overstep. 😬

Yes, I realized that, when I expanded the window in your quote.  I edited my post above to cover your real question.

All I could see in the window was the addy, so that is what I thought you were asking about.  🤭

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

54 minutes ago, Californiamama said:

In case you missed my updated comment:

Would not share the rest of the JWTalk message, though.

You could always PM the poster and ask them to PM, or email, that information to you.

Edited by Dages

7 hours ago, Ishaya said:

Wow,you think its that so easy to do for everyone?

I think you need to show more understanding and be more considerate in your views.

If you have asked for shepherding visits and not received one and only had 1 in 12 years then I would try to work with the circuit overseer when he next comes and explain this. He would be interested to know that there is a lack of shepherding going on. This knowledge could have a beneficial effect on the whole congregation.

They simply may have lost their way and need some encouragement. 🤗

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

10 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I think it is mere coincidence that the police were alerted on time.

The reality we need to know is that Jehovah doesn't always intervene to prevent suffering or damage for his people.

Yes.  When we read Ec. 9:11 , we tend to think of unexpected events as only bad things.  The word "befall" gives that impression.  But, in reality, "unexpected" events can also be good things.

We can thank Jehovah for the quick intervention by the police even if Jehovah had nothing to do with it.

If Jehovah chose to intervene in some fashion, he could have jammed the gun.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, Loopy said:

As for our Kingdom Hall, we’ve always had windows. Our entrance door is all glass, 😬 straight ahead from that are the glass doors 😬 to the auditorium.  

Shouldn’t but it makes me a little nervous sitting in the middle rows. 

This is very similar to our Kingdom Hall.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Yes.  When we read Ec. 9:11 , we tend to think of unexpected events as only bad things.  The word "befall" gives that impression.  But, in reality, "unexpected" events can also be good things.

About a month ago, we in Victoria had a special meeting on what to do if a shooter enters the Kingdom Hall. I thought it was unusual. Was this topic covered across the country?

We typically lock our Kingdom Hall after the meeting starts, but there is a button and a camera for the attendant to allow the door to be opened. If someone shows up with a hidden weapon this might not stop him. Do we need x-ray machines and metal detectors now? Yikes!!!!!

Percy

9 minutes ago, Percy said:

About a month ago, we in Victoria had a special meeting on what to do if a shooter enters the Kingdom Hall. I thought it was unusual. Was this topic covered across the country?

It seems to have been country-wide. We had a similar announcement in our congregation about a month ago. It mentioned finding ourselves in an active shooter situation, although not necessarily in a Kingdom Hall. It reminded us to find a hiding place if possible, and not to ask questions of the authorities who may be present. They have enough on their hands at that moment.

15 minutes ago, Percy said:

I heard this from a couple of friends in Canada that you got special instructions from the branch as part of local needs. My friend from Vancouver had it back in January, as well as a friend from Calgary. But I haven‘t heard any other countries getting this specific direction. Unless the US had it too? Or perhaps we‘ll also get it in Germany, but haven’t heard of such a local needs part before.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11