JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

I've been wondering why some congregations are still hold meetings at night,I thought that practice has been discouraged for security reasons?

I feel that  In this time of the last days we should not expect that anywhere will be exempted from satan's wrath,or will be any much better security-wise.it is important that we apply every security measures no matter where we live,even if it seems like attack is not imminent.

Attacks like this can come at anytime of the day.

In Australia we had a bomb explode during a Sunday morning meeting back in the early 90's. There have been threats against various congregations during the years,  even our congregation was under threat and we are small rural town. Thus from the 90's, we had to use some security measures to protect our brothers at our meeting places.

With the situation today with the world being more violent, easier access to weapons and combined with mental sickness, we are to expect things like this to happen. So we have to keep on the watch, because we are not immune from this happening to us.

7 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a change to close all kingdom halls and have a video door bell on the entrance

That's what we have in our hall here in the U.S. All doors are locked with a camera and a brother is assigned security to let people in when they knock/ring the bell.

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I have brothers from Germany saying he was disffelowshiped and not dissociated. Since the news don't clarify it, I guess the Brs info must be correct

According to this official statement starting at .52 seconds, the man had voluntarily left the organization 1.5 years ago, and was publicly known he was very upset with his leaving. He was originally from Bayern, of German descent, 35 years old, and lived and worked in Hamburg since 2014.  

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

1 minute ago, Woanders said:

According to this official statement starting at .52 seconds, the man had voluntarily left the organization 1.5 years ago, and was publicly known he was very upset with his leaving. He was originally from Bayern, of German descent, 35 years old, and lived and worked in Hamburg since 2014.  

What official statement?

The question left was who was the anonymous person who tipped off the police via email in January, and could have therefore avoided this. The shooter alluded police, as upon inquiring they found nothing out of the ordinary with his behaviour.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

7 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

This article was shared by our group overseer 

Good article to review, last week I was rear ended at a stop sign, now every time I stop at a stop sign or light I can't help but feel someone is going to slam into me, I haven't got the SUV repaired yet, it is drivable and have noticed many are reluctant to get too close to me which in itself may be a protection.  Maybe I'll get a sign and put it in the back -   🛑  

2023-03-10_15h07_40.png

18 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Thank you. I just shared that article with the group.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I've been wondering why some congregations are still hold meetings at night,I thought that practice has been discouraged for security reasons?

I feel that  In this time of the last days we should not expect that anywhere will be exempted from satan's wrath,or will be any much better security-wise.it is important that we apply every security measures no matter where we live,even if it seems like attack is not imminent.

In Europe, (Germany, Poland, Denmark, etc) its dark at 3pm during December/January and a lot of people finish their job at 6pm so having meetings at night is the only possibility. 

I see this shooting as a terrorist attack by Satan who wants us to be so scared we would give up coming to meetings at the hall. Jehovah will make us strong. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

According to that news conference he had a bone to pick not only with JW’s but also with his former employer. The anonymous email mentioned the concern for the man’s mental state and rage, although not medically diagnosed. That was enough alarm bells for the police to contact him. 

- Read the Bible daily 

1 minute ago, Michał said:

I see this shooting as a terrorist attack by Satan who wants us to be so scared we would give up coming to meetings at the hall. Jehovah will make us strong. 

I agree, Satan is desperate.

He knows it's a year 2023, that's a long way from 1914 the beginning of the last days. 

His days are numbered, and soon he will be isolated in abyss. (it's getting worse for him daily)

It's all over for him... he is out of control! His state of mind is turbulent at the moment. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Statement from the U.S. Department of State:

The Shooting in Hamburg - Press Statement - U.S. Department of State

10 March 2023 - Ned Price, Department Spokesperson

The United States government strongly condemns the senseless act of violence that occurred at a Jehovah’s Witnesses hall in Hamburg, Germany, which resulted in several fatalities and injuries.  Our condolences are with the victims and their loved ones during this difficult time.

No one should have to fear for their safety while attending a place of worship.  Such acts of violence have no place in any society.  We stand in solidarity with the people of Germany and pledge our support to assist as needed.

https://www.state.gov/the-shooting-in-hamburg/

5 hours ago, Bluebell said:

We wouldn't stop driving a car only because someone else had this model and died in an accident....

or stop flying on holiday because of a plane crash.....

We trust in Jehovah's promise that he will resurrect us and obey his command to meet together..

so don't worry.....we will be fine....

Understand 😁

GERMANY: Front page of Bild, 11 March 2023

The headline translates as:

Bloodbath at Jehovah's Witnesses +++ Philipp F. (35) kills 7 People, then himself

Rampage-Killer shoots Baby in Womb

Pregnant woman survived

image.png.a9d098a192aae2135da5c8bb243d1a95.png

GERMANY: Front page of Frankfurter Allgemeine, 11 March 2023

Hamburg weapons authority had been warned of gunman

Eight dead and eight injured in attack on Jehovah's Witnesses house of worship

image.thumb.png.91d291bb490c88f0e70df721f41b90b4.png

Edited by Parale

Honestly in the U.S. this kind of thing can happen anywhere at any time. I'm not an alarmist kind of person but it seriously seems like there are mass shootings and murder-suicides all over the country almost every week or every other week in schools, places of worship, stores, workplaces, in families. It can happen any time of the day or night. At my daughter's elementary school they have active shooter drills at least a couple of times a year so that children and teachers can be prepared in case this happens.

It is very sad and scary that this has become a widespread manifestation of mental illness. I think that because every mass shooting is so shocking and gets so much media coverage, it's gotten really deeply into the collective consciousness. So when a person (usually a man) carries anger or resentment toward a person, group or place; has serious mental health issues distorting their thinking; and has access to guns or other weapons, maybe they are more likely to latch onto the idea of carrying out this kind of public attack than they were in the past. Let the kingdom come, STAT. 

GERMANY: Front page of Der Tagesspiegel, 11 March 2023

Rampage of Hamburg
Anonymous Source warned about Perpetrator

image.png.c69eaa6ee14dd159a4f7dddf0e40e564.png

GERMANY: Front page of Rheinische Post, 11/12 March 2023

Gunman of Hamburg
was a former Jehovah's Witness

image.png.73cd126aeed3ddef05898a3e6cb00e68.png

Edited by Parale

10 hours ago, jayrtom said:

In a way I am relieved it was an EX-JW In a way) as it makes it an isolated event... otherwise we could be scared that it would be repeated in other places

It reminds me a little of the 1985 bombing (https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101985843).

Was this article from The Guardian linked here yet? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/10/hamburg-shooting-police-jehovahs-witness-germany

While it mentions the police visiting the murderer’s home, it also gives a little bit of a timeline of how things progressed. Chilling to just think with all the ammunition how the murderer might have gone on killing the whole congregation if the police hadn’t happened to come there at the right time (Jehovah?), and he went to a Kingdom Hall that had only one meeting that night, not another one that might have had multiple congregations meeting.

😭

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

1 hour ago, Esined said:

Honestly in the U.S. this kind of thing can happen anywhere at any time. I'm not an alarmist kind of person but it seriously seems like there are mass shootings and murder-suicides all over the country almost every week or every other week in schools, places of worship, stores, workplaces, in families. It can happen any time of the day or night. At my daughter's elementary school they have active shooter drills at least a couple of times a year so that children and teachers can be prepared in case this happens.

It is very sad and scary that this has become a widespread manifestation of mental illness. I think that because every mass shooting is so shocking and gets so much media coverage, it's gotten really deeply into the collective consciousness. So when a person (usually a man) carries anger or resentment toward a person, group or place; has serious mental health issues distorting their thinking; and has access to guns or other weapons, maybe they are more likely to latch onto the idea of carrying out this kind of public attack than they were in the past. Let the kingdom come, STAT. 

Yep. When ever I go out, I check for all exits. There's a mass shooting nearly every day in the US. 

2 hours ago, Esined said:

Yah - the US has reached 100 mass shootings for 2023 so far... by the first week in March.  It's beyond any reasonable reason... 😢 

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

What official statement?

Joao na SIC notícias tonight a brother was interviewed and he said he was upset it was a former brother who had hate for religions and issues with his ex employer 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

33 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

the police hadn’t happened to come there at the right time

Jehovah provision most certainly 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”