JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

5 hours ago, Woanders said:

The question left was who was the anonymous person who tipped off the police via email in January, and could have therefore avoided this. The shooter alluded police, as upon inquiring they found nothing out of the ordinary with his behaviour.

Perhaps his former employer?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Jehovah provision most certainly 

If that was so, why didn't he not  intervene earlier? It would have saved the life of an unborn and we do know how jehovah views the unborn.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I’ve always thought and said, if only there weren’t any guns, all the people who would still be alive

not even counting the wars

48 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Cain didn't have a gun but Abel was still murdered,  Humans have been killing each other for 6000 years.  Satan is responsible for murdering the entire human race and he never used a gun either.  The style of weapon can increase the frequency or quantity of death but humans will continue to kill other humans with knives, clubs, poison, explosives, gas or whatever enters their murderous hearts.  To stop this insanity Jesus  will remove Satan and assign us the job of melting down the guns...💔

We have had a number of one-punch deaths here. Also known as a king hits or coward punches.  Someone will punch another person in the face, that person goes down and hits their head on a hard surface - usually the road or pavement, and it's all over for them.  

That's all it takes sometimes, someone else's fist.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Cain didn't have a gun but Abel was still murdered,  Humans have been killing each other for 6000 years.  Satan is responsible for murdering the entire human race and he never used a gun either.  The style of weapon can increase the frequency or quantity of death but humans will continue to kill other humans with knives, clubs, poison, explosives, gas or whatever enters their murderous hearts.  To stop this insanity Jesus  will remove Satan and assign us the job of melting down the guns...💔

That's so true brother Hess. I was only counting the availability of guns not the motive 

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 3/10/2023 at 4:41 AM, New World Explorer said:

I think about this tragic event, I think about our brothers and sisters and their families.

But I also think about Jehovah and how it was painful for him  to watch this unfolding.

Having so much power, and yet he had to abstain from taking action ...due to Sovereignty issue. 

He was watching and his pain was real. 

There will be a lot of rage unleashed during Armageddon.

I love this way of see the big picture. 

If Jehovah rescue the other brothers and sisters (sending the police)and not the once who where killed??

I think about the angels near the congregation where told not to react «due to Sovereignty issue» 

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Perhaps his former employer?

I don’t know, but sounds like the police are following up on any leads, whether it was a fellow employee, concerned doctor, or even someone on a religious hate website. Nevertheless it sounds like the police are looking to find someone to blame, since it appears they didn’t do enough to stop this man. The head of police stated the man was ”cooperative” with them.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

I am sure many of you American friends are numb to massive gun attacks, which is very sad and unfortunate. 😥  However for other countries, especially European countries, these events are few and far between. Europe in general is known to be very safe, where even little children are sent off to school on the bus and come home on their own. Random violence is yes increasing, but you don’t feel that if you take the underground subway or local trains that someone is going to mug or attack you, especially as a woman. There isn’t an automatic sense of guard or fear here. So these things are just not shocking to us in the Truth but to the whole community and country. Plus losing the life of just one of our spiritual brothers or sisters is that much more devastating. 

We are all looking forward to Micah 4:4

- Read the Bible daily 

Rev 6

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness they had given.  10 They shouted with a loud voice, saying: “Until when, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, are you refraining from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”  11 And a white robe was given to each of them, and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they had been

2 hours ago, Old said:

If that was so, why didn't he not  intervene earlier? It would have saved the life of an unborn and we do know how jehovah views the unborn.

Jehovah has not promised that some of us will not die in a traumatic way during this system of things, but he will make sure that his people as a whole will not be wiped off. This could have happened in that particular locale in Germany, had the murderer been able to continue with his Satanic plan. Would a hate crime committed to an even greater level have brought Jehovah’s name to a disrepute? I see that as a possibility.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

Jehovah provision most certainly 

Okay,but it doesn't seem logical actually and it doesn't sound comforting as well.It will sound like Jehovah was unaware of the whole development until he was suddenly alerted,and quite late after some damages have been done.

Like @Old may have rightly observed, it will not make sense to anyone.

I think it is mere coincidence that the police were alerted on time.

The reality we need to know is that Jehovah doesn't always intervene to prevent suffering or damage for his people.sometimes he allows these things to happen. for example during the suffering of our brothers under the Nazi regime,the genocide in Rwanda,and even the current unjust imprisonments in different countries,the poverty,hungar,homelessness,physical disabilities etc we know Jehovah is fully aware but still allowed all these things to happen.

The idea is that we are all Adam's children so becoming Jehovah's witness does not protect us from suffering the effect of Adam's sin for the purpose of fairness and justice.

All that Jehovah is offering is a hope of restoration for his witnesses in paradise.

2 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

Jehovah has not promised that some of us will not die in a traumatic way during this system of things, but he will make sure that his people as a whole will not be wiped off. This could have happened in that particular locale in Germany, had the murderer been able to continue with his Satanic plan. Would a hate crime committed to an even greater level have brought Jehovah’s name to a disrepute? I see that as a possibility.

Even it everyone at that hall would have been killed, Jehovas is still the almighty, and his people as a whole would still be there. 40 people in comparison to 8 millions is nothing. What I‘m trying to say is: we can never say for sure if Jehova intervened or not. But we know he loves everyone, and suggesting he saved some Brothers and Sisters for the sake of his name when at the same time he let the unborn baby die is not wise to mention in the ministry or to unbelieving family members etc. Even

for the ears of friends it could be an unpleasant sound. 

I wonder, though, if someone came to a convention with the intention to blow up a bomb, killing thousands of JWs, would Jehovah still not intervene? If things get worse and worse towards GT, that is one possibility that we can’t guarantee as not ever going to happen.

If Jehovah does intervene, however, what would be the reason? Would it be the sheer number of the casualties? How would the issue of sovereignty and free will be applied differently?

Edited by Hotteok

13 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Eu me pergunto, porém, se alguém viesse a uma convenção com a intenção de explodir uma bomba, matando milhares de Testemunhas de Jeová, Jeová ainda não interviria? Se as coisas ficarem cada vez piores em relação ao GT , essa é uma possibilidade que não podemos garantir, pois nunca acontecerá.

Se Jeová intervier, porém, qual seria o motivo? Seria o grande número de vítimas? Como a questão da soberania e do livre arbítrio seria aplicada de maneira diferente?

you are increasing the problem, making the matter worse, the brothers are sensitized, you better do your research in private,traveling in thoughts like that must be horrible!

2 hours ago, Rendrocxof said:

We were out on the ministry and on the carts yesterday and nobody that we met mentioned it at all. 

I just got off the phone with another person about why Jehovah allowed such horrors. But the majority of those who personally ask me already know me - neighbors, former RV's who contacted me. Not so much outsiders whom I've never met before. At cart witnessing, it was the same for me, too.

- Read the Bible daily 

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

I wonder, though, if someone came to a convention with the intention to blow up a bomb, killing thousands of JWs, would Jehovah still not intervene? If things get worse and worse towards GT, that is one possibility that we can’t guarantee as not ever going to happen.

Back in 1993 at a international convention at Sydney, there was a potential bomb threat where the brothers had to move brothers who were seating in a particular section of the stadium to another section of that stadium.

Some years later, we had to prevent the brothers entering a place we hired for a circuit assembly until we got the all clear of a suspicious item within the auditorium when we did a pre-entry security check.

When on security at conventions or assemblies, you may not find every suspicious person that may be in the crowd who may happen to flick a switch, as some people you may never pick out. You just hope that nothing does happen.

However, whether we take all the precautions we can, you still cannot eliminate everything. As Ecclesiastes 9:11 points out, "time and unforeseen circumstances" before us all.

Edited by Pabo

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

Actually your observation is very understandable and although it may sound scary or disturbing but the answer to your question is "yes",a situation like this can happen and yes Jehovah can still allow it to happen.

I think we have seen enough to help us gain understanding of how Jehovah does things.

But here is what we need to always remember,that Jehovah can and he will reverse whatever damage Satan's rulership has caused to this earth and to Jehovah's faithful servants.

Even though we apply every precautions to preserve our life,it is important to know that Jehovah's people do not fear death,because we have the hope of resurrection-Isaiah 25:8.

6 hours ago, Hotteok said:

Rev 6

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness they had given.  10 They shouted with a loud voice, saying: “Until when, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, are you refraining from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”  11 And a white robe was given to each of them, and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they had been

I realize that you are citing this scripture because the words ask "how long".  But this scripture has already been fulfilled.  It refers to Jesus being anointed King of the Kingdom in 1914 and then seeing the "souls" (lives) of the righteous 144,000 under the altar asking "how long".  They are given robes and told to wait a little longer.  But their resurrection wait was over sometime between 1918 to 1935.  Those in that dead condition have all been raised decades ago.  The scripture is fulfilled.  Now they await the signal to attack and accomplish God's Vengeance, 

*** w07 1/1 p. 29 pars. 16-17 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way! ***

So after war, famine, and pestilence began to ravage the earth, members of the 144,000 who were dead, represented by the blood at the base of the altar, were raised to heavenly life and clothed in symbolic white robes.

17 Those newly resurrected ones must “rest.” They must wait patiently for God’s day of vengeance

52 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

In te Germany TV there are already tvshows investigating who are those JW's... that they let their children die, that they are fanatics, the all garbage can....

It's very sad and better to cease to listen to news

Jehovah knows how to defend himself

I believe you but some online articles are quite neutral and objective, like this one:

https://apnews.com/article/jehovahs-witness-germany-kingdom-hall-shooting-1336685725226a3cbb6018979f18ecc4

Anyeay, sincere people will visit our website and may be prompted to contact us. Jehovah is incredible in making (seemingly) defeats into his victories. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏