JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

6 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Last check on jw.org, nothing yet.  The governing body will have accurate information once they get all the facts from the brothers in Hamburg.   The media stories have inaccurate inaccurate information.  Some news outlets are reporting the entire congregation was slaughtered.  Others are saying 7 killed and 12 injured.   Will wait on our own website for accuracy.  It may be there tomorrow or not.   Our opening prayer was for our brother's / sister's in Hamburg.  The meeting we had tonight, was the same as the meeting our brothers had in Hamburg!   I couldn't sing the opening song, because I knew that our brothers sang it earlier. 

And I had just got home from my meeting when I heard the breaking news…

I came home, many of our brothers and sisters never did! So very sad 😢

lots of prayers for them all 🙏

I just wrote on my FB with worldly relatives and old classmates that we are fine, and most we’re actually relieved to hear I am ok. My worldly father said that it could happen to anyone anywhere. On the German news, the people who saw or heard the shooting sounded more sympathetic towards what happened to JW’s.

We can focus our preaching on our relief efforts and to focus  on the very current subject of mental illness. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

1 minute ago, Bluebell said:

My sister-in-law just texted me this:

We already have some names, people we know: a young couple, both dead.  

A pregnant sister, she survives, baby is dead. The perpetrator shot her in the stomach. 

There are no words.

How that sister will carry on I do not know. I’d rather die than my baby.

And a young couple…. at least they died together. 

Please keep us updated. 

40 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

Its really sad,

I remember a time when a man seriously lost his temper at the COBE of my congregation for not agreeing to approve him for baptism despite the efforts he's been making,for some time now the man has stopped attending meetings.

Some people can take it very seriously when they lose approval or recognition in the congregation.

It reminds me how Cain got angry when Jehovah did not approve his sacrifice. Jehovah told him to first improve his motives and his temper, and then he will be blessed

but he did not listen

3 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

I can’t imagine the aftermath this will bring.. against JW as a whole, our disfellowshipping arrangement and even religion itself. 

I think there will actually be sympathy for the victims. No one can excuse someone shooting people, even if he was disfellowshipped. We’ll see, but I think you may be surprised.

The recent shooting and attempted bombing  at a Kingdom Hall in Colorado did not bring any reproach or negativity against Witnesses

38 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

My sister-in-law just texted me this:

We already have some names, people we know: a young couple, both dead.  

A pregnant sister, she survives, baby is dead. The perpetrator shot her in the stomach. 

Tragic 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

14 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

we disfellowshipped someone who was capable of mass murder, I don't see how they can reproach us anything 

They can’t, but are they reasonable, rational people? 
we follow the Bible but people will keep blaming us for being extreme.. especially apostates. 

PSX_20230310_074034.thumb.png.0653cd46be5f7f9032edae835f3e25aa.pngI remembered when it was published about these attacks,unfortunately it is a worldwide trend, these attacks can trigger a great campaign against disarmament all over the world, I was very sad, the brothers in germany already have a history of much suffering, in the Nazi era, extremism, may Jehovah comfort all family members, close friends and all of us, may the Kingdom of God come, messing with Jehovah's people is touching the apple of the eye of the God himself 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/gun-violence-worldwide-bible-meaning-hope/

Edited by Loyal

I think the fear is that the news will "be objective" by having someone explain why disfellowshipping can cause people to get angry at the Cong.

Then they have someone interviewed who's been df themselves, to tell their tale...

It could happen, but in all likelihood, the news will go onto a fresh tragedy very quickly. The funeral will be a public event though. Don't be surprised if there's some coverage of that...

33 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

we disfellowshipped someone who was capable of mass murder, I don't see how they can reproach us anything 

Right

But people always find something negative to say about the subject 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 minutes ago, molnarj said:

Can anybody confirm that it actually was the Hamburg-Winterhude congregation where it happened? We are planning to send a card as an encouragement.

It is a kingdom hall complex with more than one congregation.....one is the English congregation where my brother is serving as an elder

15 minutes ago, Piotr Gonczar said:

what is the purpose of this post?

Sorry, i meant no offence. Its just interesting that he wrote an article last year about what we can learn from Jesus, like forgiveness and love. And one year later he‘s on a killing spree. Its just unimaginable!