JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

Very moving :heart: And >95 000 on youtube at the most

Does anyone recognize the concluding music part? It was not a Kingdom melody, but I know I have heard the piece before. (Maybe Bach?)

Edited by Tronora

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

36 minutes ago, Tronora said:

Very moving :heart: And >95 000 on youtube at the most

Does anyone recognize the concluding music part? It was not a Kingdom melody, but I know I have heard the piece before. (Maybe Bach?)

I think it's Adagio for Strings of Samuel Barber

Edited by Emsrd

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Apparently, the Memorial Service is available for viewing,

but ONLY if you have been granted access to it. 

787324691_ScreenShot2023-03-25at12_42_23PM.png.0485bd856c311062428cb6d21d2226e7.png

I live in Europe. Maybe it's different there? I can access it here.

https://www.youtube.com/@broadcasting2023

2 minutes ago, JennyM said:

sign in on youtube . Im signed in. I can see the video again. 

I am not signed in. I can still see it.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

I wish I understood German. I really appreciate the link and being able to see it. Very touching.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I watched it Live.  Was hoping the closed captioning might come in English, too. But it is just in German.

Screenshot_20230325_134549.thumb.jpg.3d51730fe763cad48f53cfd90a7fdb57.jpg

You got closed captioning? I tried but it said it was unavailable..in any language

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

You got closed captioning? I tried but it said it was unavailable..in any language

A friend told me how to get the English CC:

Go to YouTube settings and you can change the language of the CC from German to English.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

I wish I understood German. I really appreciate the link and being able to see it. Very touching.

Brother, in YouTube choose the Captions, then select Auto Translate to your language. Worked just fine for me in English.

It isn’t “perfect” translation, you’ll see some clear errors, but you’re able to get the whole program and the sense of everything expressed 

36 minutes ago, molnarj said:

Can anybody provide a transcript? This was a superb Talk by brother Dirk Ciupek!

There were 95.000 in attendance.

I copied the transcript. 

I didn't make any layout or corrections.  And I left the timing of the video. transcription JW Hambourg EN.docx

This was the most warming, supportive and peace-giving funeral service I’ve ever attended. It was both moving and compassionate. I’d like our “regular” funeral talks to be revised based on this memorial. I just can’t stop feel warmth at heart despite this tragic and senseless event. I’m feeling symbolic hugs even though it was just an online recording. The Word of God in hands of His servants is so powerful!

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Jehovah’s spirit was clearly evident with brothers Ciupek and Sanderson. 🙏 Absolutely moving and a wonderful witness for all! There were local officials, police, hospital staff in attendance.

I loved how brother Ciupek concluded his talk by mentioning to allow those grieving to grieve, and to support those personally affected. The beginning of his talk he thanked in detail all those who helped the brothers particularly at the beginning, including the police, hospital staff, and all the support of the local officials. He spoke of the memories of the different victims and was very touching. His talk was very sympathetic not only to the affected relatives, friends but also for the non-Witnesses present. His presentation of scriptures and comforting words was very well done.

The first mayor of Hamburg Dr. Peter Tschentscher and also gave a speech addressing the organization and the relatives of their deepest condolences. Hamburg had never experienced a senseless attack before. He spoke sincere words of condolences. He thanked the police force who acted quickly and prevented more victims. Much words of sympathy spoken.

Also the president of City Parliament Carola Veit spoke very much from the heart. She also spoke on behalf of Hamburg and shared their deep condolences. They both spoke of solidarity and the worldwide support, and importance of peace. Dr.Tschentscher mentioned the names of all the victims. 

Concluding words included mentioning of the book of condolences at city hall, but to continue to share cards to the families and friends, though respecting their privacy too. Absolutely moving orchestral piece at the end. 

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

There was mention the brother who switched off the lights during the attack was killed, also a brother who shielded others from gun shots was also killed. There was a  cut into the scripture of not returning evil for evil. Very well use of scriptures, very sympathetically expressed regarding the courage of those dear brothers who paid the price of saving others with their lives.

- Read the Bible daily 

Victims: Stefan, Sebastian, James and Marie, Stefani, Dan, and Romy (unborn baby).

He spoke consolingly to the relatives of the great grief king David experienced when he returned from Ziglag in 1 Sam.30:4 who “weeped loudly until he had no more strength” then it spoke of verse 6 where David found his strength through Jehovah. So many empathetic words applied. 

- Read the Bible daily 

“Wir vermissen ihre Stimme, ihre Kommentare…(We miss their voice, their comments....)

Wir vermissen Dan…

Wir vermissen Stefan…

Wir vermissen James…

oder Marie, unsere Künstlerin, die bastelte so gern…man hat ihre auch kreativität an ihre Fingernägel gesehen, und auch ja an ihre Haarfarbe…” 

Wir vermissen vor allem an ihre ganz große Empathie diese Menschen gegenüber brachte mit denen sie zu tun hatte…  

…Kinder werden Sebastian besonders vermissen…

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily