JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

The tragedy and the pain suffered by our brothers and sisters turned out to be a shout of praise for Jehovah and a great witness to all the public servants and to those who will watch this program on youtube. Thank you for sharing the link. I echo the sentiments, it was very comforting and encouraging.

Even with the rough translation, what a superbly dignified and moving tribute for our brothers and sisters to take comfort from. It really felt like the love of Jehovah, through the speakers' talks and through the audience and orchestra completely embraced our mourning brothers and sisters. 🌹💕💞

29 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Even with the rough translation, what a superbly dignified and moving tribute for our brothers and sisters to take comfort from. It really felt like the love of Jehovah, through the speakers' talks and through the audience and orchestra completely embraced our mourning brothers and sisters. 

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

A nice thought from Brother Sanderson:

The Bible tells us that in times of tragedy or when we are dealing with overwhelming concerns, we may pour out our hearts in prayer to God. And what does he promise to do? He will give us peace and comfort so profound that the Bible says it “surpasses all understanding”—we cannot even comprehend it! (Php. 4:7) He uses our Savior, Jesus Christ, to make that possible. But God also gives us qualities that no one can take away from us. Our hope, our faith, and our love can survive tragedy. They can rise above hatred and violence. When we lean on our faith, when we share our hope, and when we show our love to those around us, we reflect the light of God. 

In conclusion, may Jehovah God grant the survivors of this tragedy and all who have ministered to them the marvellous peace that only he can give.

Some beautiful concluding thoughts from the discussion about Revelation 21:1-5.

David talked about having his tears collected in a book. Rev. 21:3 talks about tears being wiped away. How are we to combine and understand these two thoughts? Jehovah will wipe the pages of his book clean and completely erase the tears that were recorded there—tears of loneliness, tears of sorrow, tears of fear, tears of despair. They are wiped away because the causes of those tears will be fully eliminated, including death. This is the great vision of Christianity—death is conquerable. Death doesn’t have to say the last word. The last word belongs to God, and what does he say? Verse 5: “I am making all things new.” There will be a new era for mankind. There will be peace. There will be a resurrection. The last word in the lives of Stefan, Sebastian, James and Marie, Stefanie, Dahn, and little Romy has not yet been spoken. We have come together to say goodbye to them, but we are convinced that our reunion will be soon.

It is now our task to live with the death of others, part of which means allowing for grief. This funeral service ends soon, but life goes on. Know that you are not alone. We want to be there with you. We want to walk the path of grief together with you. Cry with you, pray with you, even say nothing at all with you. But just be with you.

1 hour ago, WilliamChew said:

JW Hamburg Shooting Memorial

Thanks so much for your work and generous spirit in making this heart-rending account available to us all.

Such kInd words and acts at a time like this are given "so that you [we] may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope." 1Thess.4:13. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

4 hours ago, Seinman said:

I found the prayer by Brother Glockentin very moving. It sounded like he was going to cry at any moment. Truly heart-rending 

I agree very much. I have read through the transcript now, and searched for it in the video on youtube, but it is not there. It would have been wonderful if it at some point emerged in writing. Yes, it was a prayer, but aren't the Psalms also often that? And they have been preserved, so that we can lend words from them when our own fail us. Gajus' prayer was of that quality :heart:

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

18 minutes ago, Tronora said:

I agree very much. I have read through the transcript now, and searched for it in the video on youtube, but it is not there. It would have been wonderful if it at some point emerged in writing. Yes, it was a prayer, but aren't the Psalms also often that? And they have been preserved, so that we can lend words from them when our own fail us. Gajus' prayer was of that quality :heart:

I did a live transcription using Google translate so I fortunately have a version of it to read. It is not perfect but it conveys the depth of feeling at the time.

8 hours ago, Rochelle said:

transcript in german

Thank you so much. We asked the last days where to get a German transcript.

btw: because it occurs 7 times: "Lehrstelle" should be "Leerstelle" if you like to change it for yourself.

Edited by student

17 minutes ago, student said:

Thank you so much. We asked the last days where to get a German transcript.

btw: because it occurs 7 times: "Lehrstelle" should be "Leerstelle" if you like to change it for yourself.

Thanks for that. It had translated to "apprenticeship" in English. Do you know what the English translation of "leerstelle" would be this context?

Edited by Seinman

1 hour ago, student said:

a gap.

Many thanks. I came across another word it never translated in this sentence: "Und wenn man mit einem Schwann darüber wischte, dann konnte man das ganz leicht abwischen." What does "Schwann" mean?

Edited by Seinman

6 minutes ago, Seinman said:

Many thanks. I came across another word it never translated in this sentence: "Und wenn man mit einem Schwann darüber wischte, dann konnte man das ganz leicht abwischen." What does "Schwann" mean?

No, it's "Schwamm" -> sponge

"And if you wiped over it with a sponge, then you could wipe it off quite easily"

Some posts behind there was an english transscript. Maybe it can help you

Edited by student