JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you watch YouTube?

Seems YT started something new that has not been widely liked. When you visit a channel and go to the "videos" section, they added a "For You" tab and made it the default tab with no way to change that option 😞  

There was quite a backlash on social media about it. Many users like to have the "Latest" tab as the default so they can check on new videos from favorite sites without having to subscribe or turn on notifications. This meant that, after going to the videos section, you still had to click on "Latest" to see if there were any new videos.

According to what I read, some people filed a complaint with YT on the contact link and had their YT returned to how it was ... no mor "For You" tab and "Latest" being the default.

Well, I sent in a complaint. My YT has been fixed. I can't say if YT actually got rid of the new tab and default or just restored mine since I don't have any way to check that out.

Just wanted to pass this along ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

A special at the Ryner. (spelling):Country and wester music

Is it this video?

Country Music Special Concert Live at the Ryman Part 1

Some of the USA's finest: Marty Stuart, Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill, Stuart Duncan

Loved this video, Miss Bea. Didn't listen much to country and western before this. The lyrics adds to the charm of country and western music

The "For You" tab is/was on the YouTube "Videos" page of a YT channel with the "For You" tab being the default choice like in the example below

image.thumb.png.20ece1e485d685b53675b3a4a74912c4.png

The "For You" tab no longer shows on mine, it has either been removed all together on all YT channels or was just fixed on mine since I complained

Mine now looks like it used to before they added the "For You" tab with the "Latest" tab being the default - I'm glad they removed that tab

image.png.0a3c9cfd8143f99e19dfc04683d23dae.png

Edited by Qapla

I rarely use YouTube.  My son has a channel "Good Clean Gaming" where he had been posting videos.  He has been too busy recently to post any new videos.  He just wanted to show people that it was possible to do gaming without the violence and all that went on in some video games.

I have a YouTube channel but I haven't posted any videos recently.  I have also been somewhat busy.

• 2 months later...

I use YouTube to look up how to do something.  LOL   

Like for example how to do something on my iPhone.   Or how to fix a problem with my computer. 

I've even done research on my brain meningioma.   

You just to be really careful about the information that it can give out. 

I also use YouTube to listen to music that is comforting besides our Kingdom Melodies. 

Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.

Psalm 100:3

7 minutes ago, Lori said:

I use YouTube to look up how to do something.

It's not just you. YouTube is actually the world's 2nd largest and most used search engine, right behind Google itself.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I learn from You Tube how to play boardgames, or see if I am interested in buying one. 

Also I learn other things , like photography etc. 

You Tube is very useful for certain activities. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I use it for lots of different things.  Especially how to fix things.  Once when I had to fold my green screen up(remember those days not that long ago), I used YT because I couldn’t follow the printed instructions.  My husband fixed our steam iron, washing machine, dishwasher and particular repairs on my car from YT.  We love it for that.  

I use YT, and this time, I looked up PVC valve.  My car has been burning oil for a long time. Till I saw this video about PCV valve's.  I bought one for my car, took to my mechanic and he removed old one and got new in, and WOW oil no longer burning in engine!  Runs like new, my car is 19 yrs old. Come 2024, 20 yrs old.  It's been to the moon and back twice! Problem fixed!!!

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I looked up PVC valve.  My car has been burning oil for a long time. Till I saw this video about PCV valve's.

PVC = Polyvinyl Chloride - while many things are made from this material, that material alone would not be the cause of the issue you were having

PCV = Positive Crankcase Ventilation - now, this definitely is the valve that would cause such a problem

The PCV valve is a one-way valve attached to the crankcase of your car's engine and removes unwanted gases from the crankcase. They are usually plugged into a rubber gromet in one of the valve covers. It is a common problem with car motors when they get older and/or have many miles on them but are sometimes overlooked when diagnosing engine problems - even some mechanics will not think of checking them is a computer doesn't tell them to.

Glad you got your car fixed so easily.