JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - October 2023

On 10/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, jwhess said:

Two consecutive weeks.

wt12-1961.JPG

Ah, you Sir replied right away. I'm sorry I didn't show patience like Congress showed to us. Interesting to know what things were like in other times.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

55 minutes ago, Sete said:

These 60 paragraphs were divided, like a book study. Or were there 60 paragraphs IN ONE SHOT? How long did it last?

It was covered in 2 consecutive weekly studies.  Paragraphs 1-29 were discussed on week one and then paragraphs 30-60 were cover the next week.

19 hours ago, jwhess said:

It was covered in 2 consecutive weekly studies.  Paragraphs 1-29 were discussed on week one and then paragraphs 30-60 were cover the next week.

If today with just 18 paragraphs I sometimes lose focus, 30 at once is crazy. You old time brothers are built different, that's awesome.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, Sete said:

If today with just 18 paragraphs I sometimes lose focus, 30 at once is crazy. You old time brothers are built different, that's awesome.

Be glad that you don't have to attend the convention then in 1963 or 1969 etc. when on Sunday the program was from 9.45 to 21.10

Monday through Friday from 9-12 field service, and convention from 13.30 - 21.10

Saturday from 8.45 - 21.10 and Sunday from 9.00 - 18.00

If the GB would introduce that, we would ask ourselves "HOW?" but back then, you just did because Jehovah asked it from us. 

But times were different then as well.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

I ve been watching this BC again today. Brother Cook s talk is powerful and now I finally understand that Jehovah wants us to preach a more direct message now.

the video about the scared young brother shows that the message on the campaign was directed towards babilon the great. Exposing its hipocrisiy and hence its condemnation 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Just now, Sofia said:

I ve been watching this BC again today. Brother Cook s talk is powerful and now I finally understand that Jehovah wants us to preach a more direct message now.

the video about the scared young brother shows that the message on the campaign was directed towards babilon the great. Exposing its hipocrisiy and hence its condemnation 

I did the same earlier this week... really, after the reports we had here about the Annual Meeting, Brother Cook's talk takes on a new perspective.

3 minutes ago, Sofia said:

When I first watched it I thought wow they must be preparing us for more but I also couldn't help but reason that this was in connection with the annual meeting (without the spoilers of course). 

4 hours ago, Sofia said:

By now, you must have watched it Seventy times Seven. 

• trottigy unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Just saw the latest WT and was looking through the pictures. Is this the same brother? Same ears. If it is, it's nice that they are continuing the storyline. He goes from needing courage to face the tough times ahead to smiling in prison as he gives a witness. 💜

IMG_3144.thumb.png.8bd7055743491a47acf402afb60bdf6f.png

IMG_3145.thumb.jpeg.5b5254b65bcdc2dbe71fe273d1625bbc.jpeg

broadcast: 13:44-18:54 https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-106_1_VIDEO

WThttps://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-june-2024/Remember-That-Jehovah-Is-the-Living-God/

57 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Just saw the latest WT and was looking through the pictures. Is this the same brother? Same ears. If it is, it's nice that they are continuing the storyline. He goes from needing courage to face the tough times ahead to smiling in prison as he gives a witness. 💜

broadcast: 13:44-18:54 https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-106_1_VIDEO

WThttps://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-june-2024/Remember-That-Jehovah-Is-the-Living-God/

Different nose and moles

image.png.9aba771fcf70fd96515a283f4a79f280.png

1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Je viens de voir le dernier WT et je regardais les photos. Est-ce le même frère ? Mêmes oreilles. Si c'est le cas, c'est bien qu'ils continuent le scénario. Il passe du besoin de courage pour affronter les temps difficiles à venir au sourire en prison en témoignant. 💜

diffusion : 13h44-18h54  https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-106_1_VIDEO

Frankly, they both look very similar, even if the younger brother in the video has thicker eyebrows than the one in the photo but Photoshop works miracles with the bush. I imagine that it is the two brothers who continue to encourage each other thanks in particular to the letters they receive. Very well observed in any case, Justinah.