JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - October 2023

20 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

When you see smoke it means that a fire has broken out, hasn't it ? I think I saw the smoke.

Did I understand correctly that the message of judgment will be announced as part of the preaching of the Good News and that this message will help some to take a stand? So one facet of this message will be known and proclaimed before the Great Tribulation? This is new, right ? 

Br. Cook reminded us that Jehovah always provides a warning and enough time to make changes before executing a judgment.

In connection to that,  we were shown that right-hearted people can become dedicated and baptized JW's within 6 months.

So, perhaps there isn't a whole lot of time remaining before the GT.  But 6 months is enough time to come in.

And, yes, we are already preaching a judgment message which is incorporated into the Good News.  Inseparable.

Not THE hailstone message  Not yet.

As usual a great broadcast. A nice steppingstone as we exit the study of the Enjoy Life Forever!—An Interactive Bible Course we have a broadcast dedicated to our preaching as the end of this month we start the book “Bearing Thorough Witness” About God’s Kingdom".

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 hour ago, futurepromise said:

Not really

I meant to say that we have been prepared to HAVE COURAGE and TRUST Jehovah ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Amazing broadcast.  Actually much more than usually amazing.  It's hit me how urgent we must be out in all forms of witnessing - informally was stressed, and this is not my strong point.  It's a very rousing broadcast.  The things we will have to do will only get more and more difficult so we have to be doing these things now BEFORE the hailstone message.

But how encouraging to review all those wonderful experiences - Quebec, Rwanda and the original song depiction.

Abraham video was very moving, my goodness how little I got out of it before!

And the detailed explanation of John 4 - same.  Still have a lot to dissect from well-known verses.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

3 hours ago, halfspanishlee said:

I need to get my act together as the last time i went to an in person meeting was in August for my bible reading and i havent done in person minstry for a while am struggling😐

Remember Phil 2:13, it might not be easy but with Jehovah help you can do it 🙂

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Not sure what do you mean.. please explain. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, halfspanishlee said:

I need to get my act together as the last time i went to an in person meeting was in August for my bible reading and i havent done in person minstry for a while am struggling😐

Remember what you are accomplishing, well done for being at the hall for the Bible reading recently. Your desire is serve Jehovah, that is what matters.  
Every one of us is struggling in one way or another, that’s why our monthly broadcasts are so encouraging. 🙏

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

12 hours ago, Doug said:

So, perhaps there isn't a whole lot of time remaining before the GT.  But 6 months is enough time to come in.

Me and my brother became jw at 8 mos. 

I studied the  Knowledge that leads to everlasting life. 

My brother studied the book in 2009. Is that bible teach book?

12 hours ago, Doug said:

Edited by JennyM

12 hours ago, Doug said:

Jehovah is training us progressively. We still have time. This september month was nice, many new bible studies here.

15 hours ago, Doug said:

The preparation includes the experience shared by brother Rwakabubu.  We are certainly being prepped for something significant.  The music video theme "Can't Hold Back" , the example of Jesus informal witnessing from John 4, really the whole broadcast is training us for something specific, I feel.

Does this broadcast have anything to do with what will be discussed at the Annual Meeting?

I remembered that shortly after the release of the Revelation Climax, we had several campaigns that openly and sincerely addressed the end of false religions.

23 hours ago, Doug said:

Br. Cook reminded us that Jehovah always provides a warning and enough time to make changes before executing a judgment.

In connection to that,  we were shown that right-hearted people can become dedicated and baptized JW's within 6 months.

And, yes, we are already preaching a judgment message which is incorporated into the Good News.  Inseparable.

I think it is very clear that the NEW study book is sufficient to have a person learn and make a commitment to the truth. Gone are the days of " what will we study next" there is NO next . Personal growth spiritually depends upon the student....meetings, personal study and the ministry that is where your growth and maturity should come from. There is not time to dilly dally. 

15 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Not sure what do you mean.. please explain. 

I well remember the distribution of this tract .... It was VERY pointed.  I think it was a trial run lol for future messages. We had a RV at the time that was blown away by it and took it too work and showed his workmates and suggested they better listen to JW next time they called.  The pictures were as effective and as  pointed as the message.  

23 hours ago, Doug said:

Peace and Security isn't GT. It's the precursor. We see that, and it'll be the 'Last Chance' message. I'm sure the GB is watching for it. How long the 'P&S' announcement lasts is anyone's guess.

8 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Hard hitting tract.

It came 5 years after 9/11 here in the United States. The work opened up to more conversations during that time. Will we see another event that opens our preaching to the current unreceptive hearts? Only time will tell. We just need to be ready.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

We had a video experience (re-enactment?) of a sister distributing the "False Religion End" tract.  She had a bad experience in the field that caused her to fear the door-to-door work.  The brothers helped her to overcome these fears.  Yes, we have had tough messages before.

35 minutes ago, jwhess said:

We had a video experience (re-enactment?) of a sister distributing the "False Religion End" tract.  She had a bad experience in the field that caused her to fear the door-to-door work.  The brothers helped her to overcome these fears.  Yes, we have had tough messages before.

I remember this well. The elders had to do a shepherding call when it seemed  she was no longer as active in the ministry because of fear of man. That was in the 2018 Be Courageous Convention. It was based on a part on Sunday Morning on why we will need courage to declare  the hailstone message. 

43 minutes ago, truce said:

I remember this well. The elders had to do a shepherding call when it seemed  she was no longer as active in the ministry because of fear of man. That was in the 2018 Be Courageous Convention. It was based on a part on Sunday Morning on why we will need courage to declare  the hailstone message. 

The video was a part of the experiences cited by the body of elders in their meeting.  Here is the video link.  The sister's experience was at the 5:36 mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2018Convention/pub-jwbcov_201805_26_VIDEO

16 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Does this broadcast have anything to do with what will be discussed at the Annual Meeting?

I remembered that shortly after the release of the Revelation Climax, we had several campaigns that openly and sincerely addressed the end of false religions.

Wow, I didn’t know that.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:40 AM, Araujo JW said:

I remembered that shortly after the release of the Revelation Climax, we had several campaigns that openly and sincerely addressed the end of false religions.

Yes, we have delivered many hard-hitting messages about the destruction of religion. People didn’t even bat an eyelash.

However, I believe that our final hard-hitting message will be about becoming destruction of HUMAN GOVERNMENTS.  That will surely get people’s attention!

49 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Yes, we have delivered many hard-hitting messages about the destruction of religion. People didn’t even bat an eyelash.

However, I believe that our final hard-hitting message will be about becoming destruction of HUMAN GOVERNMENTS.  That will surely get people’s attention!

Years ago we distributed the tract about end of false religion is near.  I agree, we did not get much negative reaction or at least not 'angered' reaction here in the states.   I could certainly see one about the destruction human governments getting the people's attention as well as those in power.  But today, peoples attitude have changed - a lot.  And people in general are so angry now, looking for a fight.  It wouldn't take much to light the spark that inflames the world and have that anger turned on us.  It is Satan's world and his angry is so very great.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

17 hours ago, jwhess said:

The video was a part of the experiences cited by the body of elders in their meeting.  Here is the video link.  The sister's experience was at the 5:36 mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2018Convention/pub-jwbcov_201805_26_VIDEO

When we distributed that tract I went to a door in a rural area that looked like that. The was a no trespassing sign that I had erroneously ignored. The man was friendly and crumpled the tract and tossed on the ground while we talked. I got the message and left...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Peace and Security isn't GT. It's the precursor. We see that, and it'll be the 'Last Chance' message. I'm sure the GB is watching for it. How long the 'P&S' announcement lasts is anyone's guess.

So, perhaps a special campaign on "Peace & Security. When?"   The last pre-GT campaign?

The King of the South is looking at a very critical (for them) election year.  As the slave has quoted -  "A global survey published in 2023 ranked government leaders (this can include non-elected bureaucrats) as the group that people trusted the least."

Hoping for something big from the Annual Meeting.