JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - October 2023

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A hard hitting message against false religion wouldn't bother a lot of people.

Indeed.   I think a new tract campaign would target the abject failure of politicians rather than religion.   People still care about the misery they experience in real life due to the high cost of essentials,  school kids who can't read or do math, wars etc, etc.

Looking at 'Recently Featured on the Home Page' , jw.org/See More,  20 topics and not one mentions false religion in the title.

People care about what's hurting them right now.

What a great challenge the Israelites faced and obeyed following what Jehovah asked, Abraham also faced great challenges and obeyed, and will we obey when preaching a strong message? Here at home we have already decided if there is a new campaign we will give our Yes! It is necessary to trust in Jehovah without doubting. 

The Israelites had to sprinkle blood on the doorposts, what an example of trust! 

The sacrifice involving Isaac was very moving, what confidence Abraham demonstrated, what an example 

Everyone was victorious and we can be too 

What about poster on our Carts and leaflets saying...

Only those serving Jehovah will enter Paradise

Accept Bible Study now, choice is yours, and time is running away. 

Picture on the poster with separated goats and sheep ..the latter entering Paradise. 

That would rock some ....:scared:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

This broadcast ties in very well with our restudying the Bearing Witness book that we will be starting in the next few weeks

I forgot about that. Good catch!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My dad and I were talking about the Hailstone message last night. He says that in all likelihood, 95% of people will respond to it the way they do to every other time we've knocked on their door.

To be honest, I don't think he's right. The difference with the Hailstone message isn't the tone of what we're saying, it's the times we're saying it in.

But assuming he's right, it's never the 95% that we worry about. It's the odd one out that can't help themselves. Faith is needed to knock on the door and speak. What happens after that isn't really up to us.

53 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

My dad and I were talking about the Hailstone message last night. He says that in all likelihood, 95% of people will respond to it the way they do to every other time we've knocked on their door.

To be honest, I don't think he's right. The difference with the Hailstone message isn't the tone of what we're saying, it's the times we're saying it in.

Yes, when you consider that BtG has been destroyed, and Peace & Security was just another con job, it's anyone's guess how people will respond then.

For those same reasons, isn't it unlikely that we will be bringing the Hailstone message to one door at a time?   It would seem more plausible that the message will be a mass campaign.  Social media would reach 80 -90% of the world population within a day.

But that doesn't rule out a Hailstone-lite message , a preview of what's next, door-to-door.  That will take a lot of faith.

3 hours ago, Doug said:

It would seem more plausible that the message will be a mass campaign.  Social media

Makes a lot of sense

GB says that we may use a new different method

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

But assuming he's right, it's never the 95% that we worry about. It's the odd one out that can't help themselves. Faith is needed to knock on the door and speak. What happens after that isn't really up to us.

I think this message is like the slave telling us to be brave and get this message out there because it’s nothing compared to the hailstone message.. and also to put our trust in Jehovah and not be afraid

I swear I’ve watched the first half of the broadcast 6 times and everytime I hear something more 🥰

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I have a presentation already prepared:

"Hello, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I have Good news and Bad news. The Good news is that this is the last time any Jehovah's Witnesses will talk to you, the Bad news is that this is the last time any Jehovah's Witnesses will talk to you. This is your last chance to listen..."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

"Hello, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I have Good news and Bad news. The Good news is that this is the last time any Jehovah's Witnesses will talk to you, the Bad news is that this is the last time any Jehovah's Witnesses will talk to you. This is your last chance to listen..."

This one is a classic :D 

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

When you hear the "confidential" part of the program, you may change your presentation.

Even the First Part of the AM (not confidential) shows acceptance possible after GT begins...👍

Changes are afoot.

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

When you hear the "confidential" part of the program, you may change your presentation.

Even the First Part of the AM (not confidential) shows acceptance possible after GT begins...👍

Changes are afoot.

Is the confidential part life changing?

1 minute ago, Shannie said:

Is the confidential part life changing?

Not really, just keeping preaching and working to do it better.

Ok, but enough about that 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 minutes ago, Shannie said:

Why confidential if first part not?

Sr, Shannie, the first half was Biblical understanding (prophecy) explained.  It was 'new light' or clarifications.  The 3 brothers that explained it did a reasonable job in an hour.  There was nothing confusing, just detailed understanding.  It was written in the pages of the Bible. It could be shared without major problems.

The second half was technical adjustments.  Without the 4-part symposium, it might be difficult or awkward or confusing to just hand to someone and say "do this".  So we wait for the proper time, materials and presentation to discuss it.  For now (just a short while) it is confidential.

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Householder opens the door, looking to the right and left saying ..oh sorry mate I was expecting pizza delivery … LOL 😂 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

No reporting our ministry does not change anything to me, I have my schedule established and desire to continue exactly as for years, perhaps even increasing participation as we see the GT drawing closer. 

27 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

No reporting our ministry does not change anything to me, I have my schedule established and desire to continue exactly as for years, perhaps even increasing participation as we see the GT drawing closer. 

Same here, I will probably keep track of my time and placements like I always do but it will be for my own information. I currently Aux Pio every time we have the 15 hour option, so it will be good to stay in the habit of recording my time.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Sr, Shannie, the first half was Biblical understanding (prophecy) explained.  It was 'new light' or clarifications.  The 3 brothers that explained it did a reasonable job in an hour.  There was nothing confusing, just detailed understanding.  It was written in the pages of the Bible. It could be shared without major problems.

The second half was technical adjustments.  Without the 4-part symposium, it might be difficult or awkward or confusing to just hand to someone and say "do this".  So we wait for the proper time, materials and presentation to discuss it.  For now (just a short while) it is confidential.

I'll really need to exercise patience. 

2 minutes ago, truce said:

I'll really need to exercise patience. 

Amazing that we just we had a Regional Convention about that. It's like Jehovah knew what we needed...:lol1:

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Makes perfectly sense. If someone blows something confidential out of context someone may not understand it. Its far better to be served by GB´s way. jehovah´s way ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 10/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, jwhess said:

Can you imagine a 60 paragraph Watchtower lesson today?

Can we remember the clarification of the locusts in Revelation to the locusts in Joel chapter 2?

These 60 paragraphs were divided, like a book study. Or were there 60 paragraphs IN ONE SHOT? How long did it last?

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)