JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - October 2023

2 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Here is an article in 1961 WT, pars 24 onward highlights it. I hope this works sis. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1961883?q=Judgement+Message&p=par

Can you imagine a 60 paragraph Watchtower lesson today?

Can we remember the clarification of the locusts in Revelation to the locusts in Joel chapter 2?

10 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Can we remember the clarification of the locusts in Revelation to the locusts in Joel chapter 2?

Yes

revelation book: revelation locusts are the anointed

watchtower: Joel locusts were the babilon army 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

49 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I don't remember that. How long would that have taken to study in the congregation?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

8 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Are we getting the October Broadcast and the Annual Meeting mixed up here?  The Broadcast should be available between lunch and supper today.

For those who like to run ahead of the chariot and mine jw.org, the broadacast has been available for many hours now. We just don't allow the link to be posted until it is officially posted on jw.org.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Here is an article in 1961 WT, pars 24 onward highlights it. I hope this works sis. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1961883?q=Judgement+Message&p=par

No, that is not the one. It is the time the king of the north comes to attack us because our message angers him.

We kind of have that with last week and this week's Watchtower lesson. They just made it two lessons.

note: although NOT 29 paragraphs. Imagine the pacing on that .... 30 seconds to read each paragraph and 1 comment at 30 seconds would get 30 minutes (not counting mic running). Maybe 2 or sometimes 3 comments depending on time to read the paragraphs. Our pacing has dramatically slowed down.

Although ... that is more the speed we go (or should go 😉 ) with the CBS in the ELF book. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

8 minutes ago, dove said:

Wait...did we always read the paragraphs then??

Those were the days we "summarized" the paragraph after we discussed it! Now we read the paragraph, ask the question, possibly read a scripture before we even start to answer the paragraph. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

9 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

Those were the days we "summarized" the paragraph after we discussed it! Now we read the paragraph, ask the question, possibly read a scripture before we even start to answer the paragraph. 

Those were the days when the study conductor could call any brother to comment without him raising his hand. 😁 

6 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Those were the days when the study conductor could call any brother to comment without him raising his hand

True, they would call on you to say prayer from your seat, without amplification too!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

32 minutes ago, dove said:

Wait...did we always read the paragraphs then??

The reading of the paragraphs came after the questions were answered.  The paragraph questions were asked, the paragraph questions were answered and then the paragraphs were read (or summarized, as Br. Gregg said).  Pretty tough if you did not study the lesson well before coming.

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

I remember those days. Our meeting would start at 4 PM with an hour or so talk, 10-15 minute smoke break for those who had to have it and then the Watchtower Study.  Meeting not ending till 7 PM many times.  Many improvements since then.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25