JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - October 2023

Wondering if a new campaign will be announced this Saturday.  More judgment. 
This broadcast definitely seems designed to prepare us for the next phase. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

56 minutes ago, Doug said:

perhaps a special campaign on "Peace & Security. When?"   The last pre-GT campaign?

2019561_univ_cnt_3_md.jpg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

This broadcast definitely seems designed to prepare us for the next phase. 

Yeah, it's like we are going to do some "judgement" message BEFORE the GT to train us for the mid-GT hard hitting judgement message

32 minutes ago, Dages said:

Yeah, it's like we are going to do some "judgement" message BEFORE the GT to train us for the mid-GT hard hitting judgement message

Before GT  -  "Last Chance"

During GT  -  "Too Late"

Which one of those do you all feel will be the bigger challenge to participate, and why?

This is what I thought I understood, a shocking message which would help some people to take a position before the GT, then I thought I understood that I was wrong. Now, I  think I understand that I just have to scan the horizon to see the cloud coming. And then, the best rainbow ever !

We have studyed this article last year:

*** w22 May p. 7 par. 19 Revelation—What It Means for You Today ***
19 The good news of the Kingdom is not the only message that God’s people are to declare. They also need to support the work of the angels who are described in Revelation chapters 8 through 10. These angels announce a series of woes for those who reject God’s Kingdom. Thus, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been declaring a judgment message, likened to “hail and fire,” revealing God’s judgments on the various elements of Satan’s wicked world. (Rev. 8:7, 13) People need to know that the end is near so that they can make drastic changes in their lives and survive Jehovah’s day of anger. (Zeph. 2:2, 3) But this message is not popular. Declaring it calls for courage on our part. During the great tribulation, the final judgment message will become more hard-hitting.—Rev. 16:21.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2022400&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=27

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Digging a bit on this I ve found this article on Watchtower 2012.

Remembering the 40´s when preaching was a hard hit:

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2012125&srcid=share

I like to remember our dear Brothers and Sisters wearing the signs "Religion is a snare and a racket" :D 

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

like to remember our dear Brothers and Sisters wearing the signs "Religion is a snare and a racket"

image.thumb.png.43eda48483e262711003738ae44c6e8d.pnghere is the modern method...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 minutes ago, Sofia said:

We have studyed this article last year:

*** w22 May p. 7 par. 19 Revelation—What It Means for You Today ***
They also need to support the work of the angels who are described in Revelation chapters 8 through 10.  People need to know that the end is near so that they can make drastic changes in their lives and survive Jehovah’s day of anger. (Zeph. 2:2, 3) 

I love that expression "support the work of the angels".   If we get a new tract for a special campaign, the angels will see that the rightly-disposed receive it.  The message won't be generic "good news".  It will be a call to action.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Digging a bit on this I ve found this article on Watchtower 2012.

Remembering the 40´s when preaching was a hard hit:

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2012125&srcid=share

I like to remember our dear Brothers and Sisters wearing the signs "Religion is a snare and a racket" :D 

That was interesting. I might add at that time the brothers did not consider themselves a religion in which we are.

6 hours ago, BLEmom said:

This broadcast definitely seems designed to prepare us for the next phase

I’m ready! Take me to the next phase 😆

On a serious note, I also think they are preparing us for a judgment message. Whether it’s a new campaign or the hailstone message, I don’t know, but the suspense is killing me!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 minutes ago, JennyM said:

In 2004 or 2005 - We had a tract "End of false religion is near.?

Nearly 20 years ago..Time flies...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 10/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, WilliamChew said:

This is amazing. Would you happen to have July 2023?

I thought the reference was in the proclaimers book but i couldn't find it. Anyways I forget which GB member told the story at morning worship when I was at bethel in the late 90s. He said one brother got the sign wrong, and had it saying that religion was " A snake and a rabbit". 

Edited by Tsheppar

On 10/2/2023 at 9:57 PM, DancesWithWife said:

No amplification for the audience to comment with, just their voices. The only amplification was on stage. We started to use roving microphones in the early 70s.

I've always wondered why roving, since -  at least in Finland - we have microphones next to every seat.

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

@Tsheppar

THE RABBIT AND THE SNAKE: A FABLE

Once there was a young rabbit named Bagu. He was both lively and entertaining and spent his days frolicking in the meadows under the warm summer sun.

As the days began to cool and the nights grew chilly, Bagu noticed that he saw less and less of his friends. Then he remembered that he, too, would soon need to find a warm and cozy home where he could spend the long winter months. He poked and burrowed all day only to find that the other animals had already chosen the best places.

Not to worry, thought Bagu, Jake the Jackrabbit will make room for me.

But Jake's burrow was full, so Bagu quickly hopped away to try again.

Not to worry, thought Bagu, Miles Mouse will certainly have an extra room.

But the rooms in Miles' burrow were far too small for Bagu. Try as he might, he simply could not fit. Sadly, Bagu left and sat quivering in the middle of the meadow as a deep blanket of darkness began to envelop the sky. Soon a fine snow began to fall and Bagu's tawny fur glistened with icy crystals.

"What am I do to?" Bagu whimpered. "I will surely freeze to death if I don't find shelter soon."

Unknown to Bagu, a pair of yellow-green eyes had been watching him. Now, having observed his predicament, a voice hissed and slithered across the meadow on the wind.

"Come here, Bagu, I have plenty of room for you."

"Oh, Salim," chattered Bagu, his eyes wide with fright, "thank you for your kindness, but I do not think I should accept your offer."

"But Bagu," insisted the snake, "it is so cold, and you are nearly frozen. If you come in, we can keep each other company, and you will be safe from the storm."

Bagu thought, Not to worry. He is old and I am cold. He only wants some company.

So Bagu slowly hopped into Salim's huge hole and settled down across the room. As a puddle began to form beneath Bagu from the melting snow, Salim suggested that Bagu move closer to him.

"You will be wet and cold over there. Besides, my hearing is not very good anymore, and I will hear you much better."

Not to worry, thought Bagu, as he inched closer to the old snake. I won't have to shout at him any more.

After they had chattered a little more, Salim hissed, "Come closer. If we curl up together, we will surely be warm for the night. You know, I would really like it if you stayed with me until spring."

Still feeling chilled and warmed by the idea of having found a place to stay for the winter, Bagu nestled into Salim's coiled body. Bagu felt Salim's body tighten around him and thought, What a lovely hug between friends!

As Salim's grip grew stronger, Bagu struggled and squeaked, "Salim, stop! You are squeezing the life out of me!"

Salim's tongue slid across Bagu's head as he said, "I know, how else could I have you for dinner?"

MORAL: Necessity never made a good bargain.