JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - November 2023

2 hours ago, *Jack* said:

Hide contents

Are those the talks about the resurrection and GT? I thought we were going to get the talks about the changes to the ministry first. 

They have reversed the symposiums.  Part 1 now in November is the last part of the Annual Meeting.  The first part (or parts) will be shown in January as Part 2

Edited by jwhess

37 minutes ago, Josue Roman said:

The workbook for January and February 2024 is also now available on the servers.

when you say the "servers" you mean it's now publicly available via the regular JW website i.e available to all

Edited by SteveAus

53 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

when you say the "servers" you mean it's now publicly available via the regular JW website i.e available to all

No. He means that the brothers have uploaded it to the servers to prepare it for downloading. The brothers still need to post the links that we see on jw.org and JWLibrary. However some of the members here have figured out how to find the files that have been uploaded to the servers before the brothers make them publicly available.

Just to illustrate that, it would be like going behind the literature counter and opening a box to get what you want before the literature servant opens the box and puts the literature on the counter. If the elders haven't locked up the literature to prevent you from doing that, then they are giving you silent approval to help yourself to the literature before it can be put on the counter. 

I hope that illustrates the process. Interestingly in our congregation there are locks on all of the literature cabinets, but they are rarely locked. We are able to go behind the counter and get literature when we want but we never open a box. So, I hope the illustration still applies. :D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

They have reversed the symposiums.  Part 1 now in November is the last part of the Annual Meeting.  The first part (or parts) will be shown in January as Part 2

Yes, what we expected.  The last four talks, confidential, to be released 11/6.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

This is very early; I think it's the earliest we've seen a Broadcast uploaded.

I wonder if they did that so that everyone that has the code can finish downloading the video first.

Just to reduce the load on the servers...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

No. He means that the brothers have uploaded it to the servers to prepare it for downloading. The brothers still need to post the links that we see on jw.org and JWLibrary. However some of the members here have figured out how to find the files that have been uploaded to the servers before the brothers make them publicly available.

Yes, I figured that. But I can't see a reason to post such info. If it's not publicly available, then why mention it at all.

1 minute ago, Dages said:

I may or may not have finished watching the thing although it's 6am here... :D

21:00 Sunday night here, I'll watch it with my wife in about 12 hours.

16 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

Yes, I figured that. But I can't see a reason to post such info. If it's not publicly available, then why mention it at all.

He probably just wants to build anticipation - like taking a photo of the Convention hall the day before while he is there cleaning. Everything is getting ready  :thumbsup:

At least that is the positive motive I would like to impute on him - rather than a negative one.

Sweet dreams everyone  :popcorn:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

31 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

Generally every one gets it within a couple of hours after it is uploaded to the server, so it lets us know that it is coming soon.

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Ok, now it makes sense.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Just to illustrate that, it would be like going behind the literature counter and opening a box to get what you want before the literature servant opens the box and puts the literature on the counter. If the elders haven't locked up the literature to prevent you from doing that, then they are giving you silent approval to help yourself to the literature before it can be put on the counter. 

I hope that illustrates the process. Interestingly in our congregation there are locks on all of the literature cabinets, but they are rarely locked. We are able to go behind the counter and get literature when we want but we never open a box. So, I hope the illustration still applies. :D

Great illustration.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 hours ago, Rodejong said:

I find it unwise to go and shout from the rooftops that it is online ... only for some.

It's like holding 1 candy in front of a whole class and saying that the rest comes in a few hours. 

Why is it so hard for some to respect feelings of others? This isn't the "spoiler topic" either! 

As brothers and sisters we need to show love and compassion, in stead of cheering I have the lolly and you will enjoy it when the rest comes.

Maybe I sound to righteous here, I don't know. But my feeling says that this is not right. 

No problem I can PM you and send you a candy if you wish. :)

Edited by Bosko

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I have another illustration, a different one.

For every congregation meeting in Zoom, the brothers sent an email with the link, access code and password.

Sometimes the email was sent a bit late or not sent to all contacts.

What would one do?

Wait for the email to come? Or enter the already known code and password to enter the meeting?

This is not for you personally of course, one should not be too concerned about what his brothers and sisters are doing, it that is not against the any Bible law or principle or a direct recommendation from those who have the authority to do so.

Doing that one would be considered to be week in the faith

Is because of the weak in faith are the reason some keep their choices silent.

"But keep watching that your right to choose does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak"

1 Corinthians 8:9

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

• carlos changed the title to JW Broadcast - November 2023
  • trottigy locked this topic
  • trottigy unlocked this topic
  • trottigy unpinned this topic