JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - November 2023

I don't think this links can be thought of as a box not yet opened by the literature servant

The links are not in a "box" that ones need to pry open nor are they in a file server like the name "it's on the server" may suggest and that we would need to search for it in a confidential directory.

They are available in a regular html page that even has interactive elements, like a play button and a download button.

If there was no intent for that link to be used why put those buttons on the page and why not use just a file list available only for the ones putting it on the display of the jw.org main site?

image.png.24a941262091e0987708e1dbb309e4e3.png

For example, the jw-russia website is not publicized anywhere on jw.org, does that mean we are not allowed to look for news there unless they are posted on the main jw.org main site? But it is an oficial jw site also

Also, the link in the main site usually is available in some languages ahead of others, does that mean that I mus twait for may language to be available and refrain to watch it in another language that I undrestand?

Is someone is uppset for that being available on an alternate location why not write a letter to the branch advising them to put it in a secret place for no one to reach it 

Edited by jayrtom

I do hope that the brothers have a free day, and release it late in the evening 😆

People are so impatient! Perhaps listening to the Exercise Patience! convention in stead would be a good Idea! 😆

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

No. He means that the brothers have uploaded it to the servers to prepare it for downloading. The brothers still need to post the links that we see on jw.org and JWLibrary. However some of the members here have figured out how to find the files that have been uploaded to the servers before the brothers make them publicly available.

Just to illustrate that, it would be like going behind the literature counter and opening a box to get what you want before the literature servant opens the box and puts the literature on the counter. If the elders haven't locked up the literature to prevent you from doing that, then they are giving you silent approval to help yourself to the literature before it can be put on the counter. 

I hope that illustrates the process. Interestingly in our congregation there are locks on all of the literature cabinets, but they are rarely locked. We are able to go behind the counter and get literature when we want but we never open a box. So, I hope the illustration still applies. :D

Exactly.

I find it disrespectful and selfish.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

I have another illustration, a different one.

For every congregation meeting in Zoom, the brothers sent an email with the link, access code and password.

Sometimes the email was sent a bit late or not sent to all contacts.

What would one do?

Wait for the email to come? Or enter the already known code and password to enter the meeting?

This is not for you personally of course, one should not be too concerned about what his brothers and sisters are doing, it that is not against the any Bible law or principle or a direct recommendation from those who have the authority to do so.

Doing that one would be considered to be week in the faith

Is because of the weak in faith are the reason some keep their choices silent.

"But keep watching that your right to choose does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak"

1 Corinthians 8:9

The principle should be not to be a stumble block for others, especially when one shouts it from the roof that it is on the servers that only a select group can access!

It's disrespectful and selfish.

It puts more focus on himself "Hey I was first to break the news." He's the kid in the class that got hold of the lolly, saying: "I am enjoying that lolly, and the rest has to wait until the bag with lollies are brought into the classroom!"

19 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

I find it disrespectful and selfish.

26 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

The principle should be not to be a stumble block for others

The principle is to not make public some of your choices because the weak may stumble.

Not because your choices are wrong, but because they are weak to accept different choices that are not wrong in itself.

I just watched the broadcast with my wife, in morning, because I will work late in to the night and I do not want to watch at 1am or tomorrow morning. We just had an excellent morning in family.

Can you honestly reply if this does make me selfish or if it does make you weak?

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

4 minutes ago, Dages said:

Please guys, there is no need to be upset :) 

Today is a good day.

I am not upset in any way in this wonderful sunny Monday morning

😀🌞

30 minutes ago, jwhess said:

As a piece of additional information:  The JW.ORG servers have the location for dispensing all kinds of information at all kinds of different times.  The location for this broadcast will remain the same right now, tomorrow or for years to come.  If you type in the URL for the broadcast of June 2023, it is still there and waiting to be played (along with all of the other videos of that month).  It is not secret and it is not hidden and it remains useable for years.

To make the source easily available to the congregation, our dear brothers will put an icon for you to click on JW.ORG or in JW Library.  They do this to save you the trouble of typing a 60 letter & number URL.  Not all of our brothers can type that well with zero errors.  But if you want the convenience of an icon or thumbnail to access the video you will have to wait a couple of hours.

The video is waiting for you to ask to see it.  It is not hidden or secret.

Just wanted to add this because I can go back and search for a video by month and year this way.

This is the clearest and most logical explanation I have seen so far of how the links on jw.org work. They are available and accessible by anyone, anywhere there is Internet connectivity, (not just a select few as if you needed a user ID and password, nor by hacking into someone’s file server). Not sure why everyone is getting so upset about this. 🤔

15 minutes ago, Paulo said:

The principle is to not make public some of your choices because the weak may stumble.

Not because your choices are wrong, but because they are weak to accept different choices that are not wrong in itself.

I just watched the broadcast with my wife, in morning, because I will work late in to the night and I do not want to watch at 1am or tomorrow morning. We just had an excellent morning in family.

Can you honestly reply if this does make me selfish or if it does make you weak?

If you did this without announcing it on the forum, no one would judge that.

What stings me, is that some are shouting it from the roof that they have access, and others don't. It's like that hand on the nose and shouting "nah nah nah nah nah." That is what is a stumble block. And yes that upsets me. When I have access I have the love for my brothers and sisters to wait until the brothers put it on the website. If I can't see it today, I'll see it tomorrow. 

I have no problem with what you do in silence. That is your conscience, but do you really think it is loving your brothers and sisters, when you make them sad that they can't see it yet?

When the brothers released new publications on the convention, they always ask it to be quiet about it, as others hadn't had theirs yet!

That principle still is valid!

20 minutes ago, JohnFromOz said:

This is the clearest and most logical explanation I have seen so far of how the links on jw.org work. They are available and accessible by anyone, anywhere there is Internet connectivity, (not just a select few as if you needed a user ID and password, nor by hacking into someone’s file server). Not sure why everyone is getting so upset about this. 🤔

There are some sections and files (with URLs) that are confidential or secret.  There is information available only to MS, elders or COs that require passwords.  These are not publicly available just because you have a computer and internet.  But it is not true of Monthly Broadcasts.

16 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

If you did this without announcing it on the forum, no one would judge that.

What stings me, is that some are shouting it from the roof that they have access, and others don't. It's like that hand on the nose and shouting "nah nah nah nah nah." That is what is a stumble block. And yes that upsets me. When I have access I have the love for my brothers and sisters to wait until the brothers put it on the website. If I can't see it today, I'll see it tomorrow. 

I have no problem with what you do in silence. That is your conscience, but do you really think it is loving your brothers and sisters, when you make them sad that they can't see it yet?

When the brothers released new publications on the convention, they always ask it to be quiet about it, as others hadn't had theirs yet!

That principle still is valid!

Or, you could compare it with being in the queue to get your magazine and some people are already received it and enjoying it. Smile for them, you'll get yours soon.

Also, you could just send a private message and skip the queue :D 

13 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

What stings me, is that some are shouting it from the roof that they have access, and others don't.

No my dear brother, they are just happy that it was already released.

We all love you very much and nobody would be doing something to sting.

If you get upset for "earlier" accesses, then you should know that that is a feature of some threads in this forum. Eventually you will want to avoid some of those threads.

For other reasons please read my signature.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

As a piece of additional information:  The JW.ORG servers have the location for dispensing all kinds of information at all kinds of different times.  The location for this broadcast will remain the same right now, tomorrow or for years to come.  If you type in the URL for the broadcast of June 2023, it is still there and waiting to be played (along with all of the other videos of that month).  It is not secret and it is not hidden and it remains useable for years.

To make the source easily available to the congregation, our dear brothers will put an icon for you to click on JW.ORG or in JW Library.  They do this to save you the trouble of typing a 60 letter & number URL.  Not all of our brothers can type that well with zero errors.  But if you want the convenience of an icon or thumbnail to access the video you will have to wait a couple of hours.

The video is waiting for you to ask to see it.  It is not hidden or secret.

Just wanted to add this because I can go back and search for a video by month and year this way.

The URL for September 2022 is still available.

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=jwb-090&langwritten=E

And it still brings up the videos for that month more than a year ago.  It is not secret.

9-22.JPG

7 minutes ago, Dages said:

Or, you could compare it with being in the queue to get your magazine and some people are already received it and enjoying it. Smile for them, you'll get yours soon.

Also, you could just send a private message and skip the queue :D 

And I'll be glad to send him a candy. :)

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

For me is also a very useful and convenient to way to track what I have already seen and what is missing in each month.

Sometimes there are several news in the website and things get mixed in the news section.

So I keep the tab open in my browser for the entire month.

I think this is absolutely amazing

It builds up my faith to see that this broadcasting has shown 4 talks based in LOVE. Love for Jehovah and love for our neighbors.

in contrast at the very same day Satan  called out one of most hateful unprecedented attack in Israel that has being spread all over the World. 
HATE versus LOVE.
CIA and other secret agencies fear that dormant terrorist cells hiden all over the world can provoke a sudden coordinated attack on Jews and even Christians.

all started on Oct 7th.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

If you type in the URL for the broadcast of June 2023, it is still there and waiting to be played (along with all of the other videos of that month). 

can you explain that process? i would like to see that (not for the annual meeting, but for some stuff in 2013). 

27 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The URL for September 2022 is still available.

And it still brings up the videos for that month more than a year ago.  It is not secret.

9-22.JPG

Thank you brother John for that wonderful explenation.

So what is the difference between this link and this one:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-090_1_VIDEO

Or this one:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=C&lank=pub-jwb-090_1_VIDEO

Or this one:

All have the same code, have "jw.org".

So why some of friends here say that one link is official and some are not.

Edited by Bosko

• carlos changed the title to JW Broadcast - November 2023
  • trottigy locked this topic
  • trottigy unlocked this topic
  • trottigy unpinned this topic