JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you tell someone your age?

This is a whimsical post, so don't take anything too seriously.

A while ago I thought of a scenario: in the year 18,490,383, how old will you be and how do you convey that to someone else? At some point you'd probably stop counting because it's meaningless, but maybe you are talking with someone else and you want to know who is older (for no good reason, of course). So what do you do? Give your birth year? That helps, but if you died then that year isn't very useful to determine your age. Are we going to be using a new calendar system? For a lot of resurrected ones the answer is yes (Ancient Israelites calculated years by the reign of Kings). This adds another layer of complication. You'd have to account for all the years you were dead, if you were resurrected, and coalesce possibly 2 or more different calendar systems to arrive at a total. And each year that passes you must recalculate. Is there a better way? Here's mine:

Born before Armageddon, survived into the New System:

You say: I was 1000 + 30 years old during the Final Test

Translation: I was 30 years old when Armageddon started and never died.

Born before Armageddon, died, and resurrected in the New System:

You say: I was 990 + 75 years old during the Final Test.

Translation: I was 75 when I died in the Old System and was resurrected 10 years into the Millennial Reign. 

Born during the 1000 Year Reign:

You say: I was born 645 years before the Final Test.

Translation: I was born during the Millennial Reign; never died, never resurrected.

Born after the 1000 Year Reign:

You say: I was born 246 years after the Final Test

Translation: you get it

What Noah might say: I was 950 + 990 years old during the Final Test.

Translation: He died at the age of 950 and was resurrected 10 years into the Millennial Reign.

As you can see, all of these calculations revolve around one point: the Final Test. Is that arbitrary? Yes, a little. But it will be a pivotal moment in human history as it officially returns us to the state of perfection we lost when Adam and Eve sinned, so there's that.

Why I like this:

-The only numbers you need to know is your age before Armageddon (which is 0 if you weren't born) and a birth or resurrection date after Armageddon. 

-the numbers you give to convey your age do not change each year. You will not have to recalculate it each year or take into account what the current month is in order to convey your age. So once you memorize it - that's it.

Have you ever thought about this topic and do you have your own ideas of how things will be? Feel free to tell me I'm WAY off base, I love new ideas! 

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I think in the millennium everyone will say: “ I don’t remember. Who s counting ? “ 🤷‍♀️

If we happen to live on another planet, who is to say that planet has a period of 365.25 days to orbit the sun. It could be more or less, and if so, our years could all be very different to each other.

I would say we will no longer be keeping tract of the years, but more like, what period were we born in.

Gen-P - those who were born Jesus

Gen-K - those born after Jesus birth

Gen-F - those who were alive or born after 1914, but died before Armageddon during the Finals days

Gen-A - those who lived through Armageddon

Gen-M - those born during the 1,000 year reign (Millenium)

Gen-F - Those born after the final test

32 minutes ago, Pabo said:

If we happen to live on another planet, who is to say that planet has a period of 365.25 days to orbit the sun. It could be more or less, and if so, our years could all be very different to each other.

I would say we will no longer be keeping tract of the years, but more like, what period were we born in.

Gen-F - those who were alive or born after 1914, but died before Armageddon during the Finals days

What about before great crowd and after the great crowd as a category? 

30 minutes ago, Pabo said:

That would be interesting if we had generational/epoch names. Maybe the Millennials will be those who were born during the Millennial Reign. All of us on this forum could be Old Worlders.

Or maybe those who passed the Final Test will be called Graduates and anyone born after will be called...Perfectionists? 😂 This is fun.

Happy So Excited GIF

5 hours ago, Pabo said:

I like this :D I used this also in my book (endlessly wip) with "born after we started to live on other planets", "after the discovery of non Adamic beings", etc... 

My husband was told not to get off the picnic blanket to stand up and do something by a young married, slightly overweight mother whom we just met at a picnic. She said ( I think in jest) “don’t get up old man.“ 😲🤣 😅 Little does she know we vacation on mountain trails, rocks, glaciers, toboggan runs in the mountains, tree climbing, snorkelling, diving, and tour caves and icebergs that can last all day. 😅 I wanted to say to her why don’t you run to the end of the park and climb the children’s play monkey bars that go up to the trees and see who manages first? 😅

We might not be in our 20‘s anymore but thankfully do still have the strength. But can’t wait to race everyone in the new system, including the in-laws and the 2000 year old neighbour beside us. 😁

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11