JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the correlation between Pet Preference and personality.   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a 'dog' or a 'cat' person?

• Cat person - Brother
    • Cat person - Sister
    • Dog person - Brother
    • Dog person - Sister
    • Cats - Introvert person
    • Cats - Extrovert
    • Dogs - Introvert
    • Dogs - Extrovert
    • Both dogs and cats
    • Neither

4 minutes ago, Mclove said:

image.png.4e519f660f5f28bc8811597927dd8f25.png This 2nd choice on the list should read : Dogs - Extrovert.

Sorry about the mistake. Still wet behind the ears (dog that is)

I revised it for you.👍

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Neither. I like exotic pets like reptiles, particularly snakes. They fascinate me. I don’t like having pets that just everyone has. Plus I’m too introverted to be always giving attention to a dog or cat. You can go a whole week without handling reptiles and they don’t mind.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I love most all dogs. I own one Bishon and one Shih Tzu. Recently met an African Mastiff who made a real pest out of herself as she sniffed me and pushed me around with her big block head, Emily! What a sweetie.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

What is a African Boerboel | Viral Fancy

What a gorgeous animal. 

What is a African Boerboel

A big, strong and intelligent working dog. It is well balanced with good muscle development and buoyant in movement. The dog should be impressive and imposing. Male dogs appear noticeably masculine and females feminine

How enchanting. Guess that dog above is a male. 😁 Had another look at the pic. Definitely male. 🤣

Edited by Mclove

On 5/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, Tortuga said:

We have two cats...👍

My husband  (and I) have 2 cats too. Feral ones. The more dominant female is Ms Lucifer (Lou for short) Her sister is a nervous wreck. Miu Miu. I have a hard time trying to name my cats. Anyone's pet with a unusual and exciting name? Br. Tortuga is quite secretive about his cats' names. Must be some outlandish names that he is trying to hide from us. 😁

Edited by Mclove

11 hours ago, Mclove said:

My husband  (and I) have 2 cats too. Feral ones. The more dominant female is Ms Lucifer (Lou for short) Her sister is a nervous wreck. Miu Miu. I have a hard time trying to name my cats. Anyone's pet with a unusual and exciting name?Br. Tortuga is quite secretive about his cats' names. Must be some outlandish names that he is trying to hide from us. 😁

I think Beau Chez is a good name for a male cat. It’s fun to say 😊

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/french-word-for-beautiful_cat.html

Yes, yes Sister Shari, I'm going to call my next cat 'Beau chat' It sounds so adorable in French. I can't change Miu Miu's name because she already knows her name. Didn't know cats were that smart! My late pedigree dog already knows her own name by day 1. 

image.png.ecadd448d0316e7cb712ad115a544316.png

Edited by Mclove

My dear br. Jack. Thanks for letting me know the 'culprit' who is neither cares for a pet dog/cat. 🤣 For days my eyes would linger on the last option line that says 'neither'. I racked my brains trying to figure out our mysterious friend. I should have know that is was you because sometime ago you mentioned your preference for more exotic animals like snakes. At that time I briefly entertained the thought of acquiring a pet python (in the NS of course) but as you can see, I decided to make do with a cartoon 'boa constrictor'. Kaa has been following me ever since. Oh what joy.

In the past I would get all riled up if someone were to shrink away from a cat or dog. The thought of an animal coming close is so repulsive to them Now after being acquainted with the more diverse kind of pets 🐼 🐫, I'll be tolerant of such people. For all I know, they might be having a snake 🐍🐍  stowed away in their home. 😁

Out of 19 members who took part in the poll, not a single extroverted person favored a cat. Interesting but understandable. 

Come on extroverts, show us you don't mind owning a cat. 

https://introvertdear.com/news/introverts-pets-perfect/

6 Reasons Introverts and Pets Are Perfect for Each Other

1. No small talk

2. No expectations

3. No judgment

4. A constant source of comfort

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-secret-lives-introverts/201910/cat-lover-you-re-more-likely-be-introvert

There are two kinds of people in the world: cat people and dog people.

Or something like that.

The "Cat Personality" vs. the "Dog Personality"

It’s not just introversion — cat people tended to score differently than dog owners in a variety of traits, some of them positive and some of them less desirable.

Dr. Laurie Helgoe, author of Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength , points to the striking similarities between introverts and cats:

“Cats are quiet, they know how to entertain themselves, and they are all about comfort. They even get falsely accused of being aloof — something introverts understand well.”

https://www.petplace.com/article/cats/vet-qa-parent/vet-qa/are-cats-better-alone-or-in-pairs/

Historically, cats are considered by some to be independent, nonsocial and self-reliant. However, cats are much more social than we have given them credit for. They often enjoy the presence of another cat.

Dr. Nick Dodman, a wonderful behaviorist at Tufts University and book author, believes that cats are better in pairs. Dr. Dodman states, "In general it is better to own cats in pairs. I think cats do benefit from company."

I took in a couple of feral cats, they were sisters so problem at all. But dogs don't mind being alone I think especially if  there is someone at home most of the time. Still it would be nice to have a pair so that the pet parent doesn't go to pieces when her furkid is no more. 😭

On 5/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, Mclove said:

My dear br. Jack. Thanks for letting me know the 'culprit' who is neither cares for a pet dog/cat. 🤣 For days my eyes would linger on the last option line that says 'neither'. I racked my brains trying to figure out our mysterious friend. I should have know that is was you because sometime ago you mentioned your preference for more exotic animals like snakes. At that time I briefly entertained the thought of acquiring a pet python (in the NS of course) but as you can see, I decided to make do with a cartoon 'boa constrictor'. Kaa has been following me ever since. Oh what joy.

In the past I would get all riled up if someone were to shrink away from a cat or dog. The thought of an animal coming close is so repulsive to them Now after being acquainted with the more diverse kind of pets 🐼 🐫, I'll be tolerant of such people. For all I know, they might be having a snake 🐍🐍  stowed away in their home. 😁

If I had to choose I prefer dogs over cats. I’m not really fond of cats. I am just not interested in owning a dog because I’m too introverted to give it the attention it needs. Plus I wouldn’t get a dog even if I wanted one because I have hardwood floors and a dog would scratch them up walking all over it.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 2 weeks later...