JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

• trottigy changed the title to 2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!
1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Personally I do not care.

I am a sister and it doesn’t affect me personally, but I am happy for all the brothers that do care. Anything that makes their life easier in these last days is a good thing.🙂

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Had a bout 15-20 texts this am from my friends

I was in hospital about 2 years and not allowed to shave for a few months (doctors orders) - so i had a healthy beard ....temporarily 

quite a few joked on ZOOM and  said they were jealous -- and today they sent me texts to say they could now grow a beard also....lol

then they started sending me crazy pictures of beard styles....really outrageous beard pics

so I was wondering if we could have some discussion of beard types and moderation and modesty

(my post from early am was merged into this one)

but id like to jump the gun and have some thoughts in mind when we have these discussions later in the week/month

there are probably 20-30 beard TYPES?....and obviously some are crazy...and NOT appropriate

so what do you think is appropriate - what have you seen

besides neat clean and well-groomed

1 hour ago, Gimestr said:

Which Governing Body member will be the first to grow a beard?

My guess is Jeffrey Winder. I think he would look good with a light full beard.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

When I heard the update, I was listening anxiously hoping they would approve the wearing of beards but I didn’t want to get my hopes up in case they weren’t going to approve it. When they approved it I shouted out Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! :ecstatic: 

I’m not surprised they made this adjustment. I had been meaning on writing the branch and asking if it were reasonable to think that brothers would be able to wear beards in the near future because they are becoming more popular in business and politics. After a while I decided not to because I’m sure they get that question all the time and didn’t want to bother them. I used to look forward to wearing a beard in the new world. Now I can have my piece of paradise now 😆

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

First we had two new additions to the GB followed by a departure. Since then we had 2 major changes. We should keep track of these type of changes. Jehovah has a pattern. We sometimes cannot see the pattern ahead of us, but we can look back and see it behind us. The new additions and the departure were guided by the Holy Spirit. Jehovah decided that it was time to update. Let’s see  what other changes are coming our way. We can be sure that all of them will move us forward and benefit us as always 😊

Edited by Krusso

15 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Had a bout 15-20 texts this am from my friends

I was in hospital about 2 years and not allowed to shave for a few months (doctors orders) - so i had a healthy beard ....temporarily 

quite a few joked on ZOOM and  said they were jealous -- and today they sent me texts to say they could now grow a beard also....lol

then they started sending me crazy pictures of beard styles....really outrageous beard pics

so I was wondering if we could have some discussion of beard types and moderation and modesty

(my post from early am was merged into this one)

but id like to jump the gun and have some thoughts in mind when we have these discussions later in the week/month

there are probably 20-30 beard TYPES?....and obviously some are crazy...and NOT appropriate

so what do you think is appropriate - what have you seen

besides neat clean and well-groomed

I'll give you some options.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

When I heard the update, I was listening anxiously hoping they would approve the wearing of beards but I didn’t want to get my hopes up in case they weren’t going to approve it. When they approved it I shouted out Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! :ecstatic: 

My brother in law threw out his razors this morning lol

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The same principles apply to all dress and grooming, we don't want to draw undue attention to ourselves.

I knew a brother many years ago that had a beautiful huge handlebar mustache, when he started going out in the ministry a man listened to his entire presentation and then asked one question "how long did it take you to grow that?" The newly baptized brother went home and shaved it off.

I wondered when I heard this announcement how it’s going to be for the ministry when all of a sudden the brothers start showing up at the doors with beards, But it could turn into a good talking point for a conversation if anyone questions the new difference in our appearance

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

If the beards topic was still open to discussion on here it would be on fire!

I was really hoping I could wear a beard before I started getting grays. Now I can 😁😁😁

Edited by *Jack*

24 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

I'll give you some options.

spacer.png

I like the top row 👍🏼

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D