JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

4 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Maybe a discussion on what is considered well groomed?

I agree. I can see saying something if there is an issue with a particular brother being unkempt. But to me it's like the head on your head. Why say anything unless there's a reason. The GB was very clear to me on the issue. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

PRAISE JAH!!  PRAISE HIM FROM ON HIGH!!!!  GOVERNING BODY UPDATE NO. 7!!!! Dec 2023

PRAISE JAH, I can't wait for those brothers who love Jehovah, will be able to grow a BEARD!!!!  It's going to take time, and no judging our friends who do grow them.  Grooming was mentioned so, I expect to see those who CHOSE to grow one to look neat in appearance!  It's a personal choice, and I am so happy to hear this announcement!!!! You dear brothers who chose to grow one and if your partner Wife Unit, doesn't mind!  They don't have to if they don't want to.  It's a personal choice!  Men in positions as well!  I for one is so Happy!  Can't wait to see those in my congregation who WANT TO grow their beard.   I always thought brothers looked great in beards and mustaches.  Well kept and groomed.  Not the kind with food particles stuck in-between their beard and lips.  

19 minutes ago, Krusso said:

The wave that is coming from the GB is to update what is outdated. Jehovah’s guidance is clear. There are a few other subjects out there also waiting for updates. 😊

I am gonna be careful how I say this but I have to be honest.

The organization seems to be realizing that some policies have little or no biblical support, so those become conscious issues.

But that’s a good thing because it makes us more reliant on God. 

So that’s how I see these changes, personally. 

Edited by Bob

What Brother Lett said is super important. Of course there are other things on the docket but any other changes to come will be on the basis of where we are in the stream of time, Bible principles, holy spirit and to preserve our unity

13 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

Good to have clarification but as Bro Lett said we need to promote unity and not let anything cause divisions.

Also need to remember those who’ve been affected by disasters as mentioned in the beginning. They are more important than debating about beards. 

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

The organization seems to be realizing that some policies have little or no biblical support, so those become conscious issues.

This seems  to be the fashion trend around here, both young and old.Some like them, some don't.To each his own.

2023-12-15_09h53_46.png

Just now, Lee49 said:

This seems  to be the fashion trend around here, both young and old.Some like them, some don't.To each his own.

2023-12-15_09h53_46.png

I agree. We see that in our area and I'm not a fan...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• trottigy changed the title to 2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!