JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Think UNITY, CONSCIENCE, and getting along in modesty.  Interesting times ahead...❤️

I was particularly moved with this expression: 

“ (…) the Governing Body today is striving to promote unity. We would never want the matter of beards to cause division among us. 

All of us need to remember that the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization is always striving to reflect the heavenly part —to keep up with it, as it were. Remember how fast the chariot in Ezekiel’s vision moved? Like “flashes of lightning.” Any who seek to run ahead of that chariot, trying to force change prematurely, or who lag behind, hesitating to support changes that have come from the faithful slave, are not keeping pace with Jehovah’s organization.”

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Hannah said:

if brothers now have Beards ….What about sisters wearing trousers ? (City trousers not jeans ) 😀

Note what Neeta is wearing when speaking with Victorian woman.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-osg_72_VIDEO

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

From one of our dear sisters:

It's transitioning us for the new system.  We will be welcoming brothers back with beards... they need to feel welcome and be able to be used.  Our attitudes need to be more open to different personalities and time periods where scriptural integrity is maintained

5 hours ago, TheKid23 said:

As a sister I prefer not to grow a beard, but that’s just me 🤷‍♀️😂

I think should be a new topic, "Should women grow beards?"

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Lee49 said:

This seems  to be the fashion trend around here, both young and old.Some like them, some don't.To each his own.

2023-12-15_09h53_46.png

Personally can't see an issue with these.  My husband has plantar fasciitis so he wears in service,  a Merrell walk shoe.  He has dress shoes for his suits and one of them looks like this shoe.

53 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

I'm trying to imagine Br. Noumair with a goatee and a handlebar mustache

Brother Herd already has the mustache...is a goatee next?

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Someone in another thread used the term "outdated" in referring to our "no beards" policy just replaced.  It is an open-ended term.  What was no considered 'outdated' was current a few hours ago and beards were outdated.  So it is more of a change than a dating.

One of the last GB members to wear a beard was WE Van Amburgh.  He was the Society's Secretary-Treasurer for many years. He died in 1947.

Here is the picture of him.

VanAmburgh-1 1930.jpg

He died with it too. 

Edited by Dustparticle

40 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

Very happy with the beard change. Here’s one: what about goatees….?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You apply principle to your location. Does the goatee align you with any local entity that is in conflict with Jehovah? In the New System those questions won't need to be asked.

Doing carts with naturally dyed hair does not distract ... if you are wearing pink dyed hair you maybe perceived by the community to be aligned with a lesbian group or similar. This is where insight and love for others comes in.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

15 minutes ago, Old said:

I think should be a new topic, "Should women grow beards?"

I have never told my wife that she couldn't...😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Funny thing is a brother DID grow a beard during and after covid. He looked exactly like Santa ... but in the New System... who was Santa? Just a nobody ... a fanciful figment of imagination. 

Next to go ... ties? Maybe?

Edited by Stormswift

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I really don't like to hear anyone say things like that, it slowly undermines our trust and respect for the elder body. 

Unfortunately nobody is perfect including the elders, which means some did take it upon themselves to make rules. I have personally had a beard for donkeys years & over some of those years I have been at the receiving end of some of these invented rules. For myself I have always kept my mouth shut, waited for clarity from the GB and just carried on regardless!

18 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

Brother Herd already has the mustache...is a goatee next?

Herd/goatee lol ... oh oops its a flock of goats. As you were.

7 minutes ago, Bobartex said:

Unfortunately nobody is perfect including the elders, which means some did take it upon themselves to make rules. I have personally had a beard for donkeys years & over some of those years I have been at the receiving end of some of these invented rules. For myself I have always kept my mouth shut, waited for clarity from the GB and just carried on regardless!

We need to remember dearest brother ... that following the instructions of the GB in each specific time ... whether we agreed or understood them or not ... was more important to being right.

Edited by Stormswift

15 minutes ago, computerwiz said:
37 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Next to go ... ties? Maybe?

I WISH!!!!!!!!  OH PLEASE YES!!!  :lol1: I hate ties....

Maybe if all the "beard letter" people could write the branch about ties, we can make that happen too???  🤔 😅

I love ties! I have over 100. I have ties clips/bars/tacs and pocket squares. 

Edited by DancesWithWife

added s to the word square

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

8 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I guess the question now is - How Long of a Beard  - short, medium, or xtra looooooong !  😂

2023-12-15_15h50_52.png

I can see that one day we may need a Local Needs about proper dress and grooming just to remind the brothers that we shouldn't follow fads and worldly styles of beards.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D