JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - January 2024

11 minutes ago, M.J. said:

The brother said that the GB gives the Research Department a topic to investigate, and provide information back to the GB along with recommendations. That really blew my mind! So the GB is not doing the research themselves, AND they are not even coming up with the recommendation themselves, they let the Research Dept do that. (And this Research Department, are they composed of only anointed?) It was all very surprising. Did anyone else notice this or feel surprise?

I immediately thought, "WHAT a cool job!!!"  ❤️ 

I'd love to do something like that. I really enjoy history and research - all the way back to 1879??  What a privilege!  I'd be happy just to type it up for them..

The first thing I thought was, how difficult it must be for the Research team, they put their mind and heart into it, pour over the material, come up with a recommendation that they have carefully weighed and feel sure about, and then the GB turns it down - can you imagine the letdown and the frustration? And sometimes an issue gets shelved for years...just to be approved years later.....The Research members requires a lot of fortitude to bear that. And prayer. Hats off to them.

Edited by M.J.

6 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Yes, that was incredible, and the research team does not need to be anointed to carry out this careful work, and even with the research ready, it is necessary for the governing body to look into the issues, Jehovah's spirit helping to be unanimous, is a great blessing!

Exactly

just like it was foretold in Dan.12:4,10

many will dig. But only the wise ones would understand 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/2/2024 at 3:19 AM, Doug said:

Notice the time-chart in Br Jackson's talk.   It show the start of the GT as the "Fall of Babylon the Great".

But in his talk he consistently said the "Destruction of Babylon the Great".

If I remember correctly, the Fall of BtG occurred in 1914-1919. When the Kingdom was established in heaven and false religion lost it's grip on the anointed searching the scriptures.

Whereas the Destruction of BtG will actually be the start of the GT.

Anyone else notice that?

Yes, me too. It threw me down a rabbit hole!!

1 hour ago, Abigail said:

Yes, me too. It threw me down a rabbit hole!!

Yep I did too

maybe it’s a new understanding of revelation chapter 14 versus 7 onwards

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/2/2024 at 3:19 AM, Doug said:

Notice the time-chart in Br Jackson's talk.   It show the start of the GT as the "Fall of Babylon the Great".

If I remember correctly, the Fall of BtG occurred in 1914-1919. When the Kingdom was established in heaven and false religion lost it's grip on the anointed searching the scriptures.

Anyone else notice that?

Yep

8 hours ago, M.J. said:

The first thing I thought was, how difficult it must be for the Research team, they put their mind and heart into it, pour over the material, come up with a recommendation that they have carefully weighed and feel sure about, and then the GB turns it down - can you imagine the letdown and the frustration? And sometimes an issue gets shelved for years...just to be approved years later.....The Research members requires a lot of fortitude to bear that. And prayer. Hats off to them.

Additional point of consideration, in terms of their humility… with GB new members skewing younger and younger over the years, brothers on the research team/s could well have been in their assignments long before the GB new appointments even started SFTS. They may have even been their Overseers in previous SFTS assignments. But they defer to their authority over them readily.

On 1/2/2024 at 4:19 AM, Doug said:

Anyone else notice that?

In my language term "fall" is translated with "destruction" - uništenje.

22 minutes ago, Bosko said:

In my language term "fall" is translated with "destruction" - uništenje.

Yes, this is the issue, the Governing Body used 'uništenje' rather than 'pao' or 'pad.'

Whereas in the original language, English, on the timechart, in black and white, the Governing Body specifically used the word 'fall,' and not 'destruction.'

The 'fall' of Babylon the Great took place in 1919.

We used to teach that the Great Tribulation did in fact start back in 1914, and was then put on 'pause' in 1918, to resume at a later, yet future, date - but that belief was clarified in 1969....

Edited by Parale

I thought the same thing. Also, the humility and trust these friends need to have in Jehovah's arrangement.

I mean, just imagine.
There is a recommendation for a certain thing and this particular subject is put down by the GB.

Then, still, you have to preach our current understanding when talking to people.

So, it requires a whole lot of trust in Jehovah's arrangement and the FDS

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S911B met Tapatalk

One question, will this trailer for episode 1 of the "good news of Jesus" still be finished?

I was looking at it in more detail and the part where Joseph and Mary stand in several scenes there are lamps 

But I don't think these types of lamps existed.
(in the full video the trailer starts at 01:34:01)

Everyday Life in Ancient Israel (jw.org)

What do you think?

Edited by Leonard Match Valid

1 hour ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

One question, will this trailer for episode 1 of the "good news of Jesus" still be finished?

I was looking at it in more detail and the part where Joseph and Mary stand in several scenes there are lamps 

But I don't think these types of lamps existed.
(in the full video the trailer starts at 01:34:01)

Everyday Life in Ancient Israel (jw.org)

What do you think?

Google this: "first century roman lanterns" , and you will find many like these :) Our dear brothers and sisters sure know how to dig :)

https://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/roman-civilization-1st-century-a-d-bronze-lantern-with-news-photo/122319685

Roman lantern from Pompeii, 1st century AD - HR-Replikate

Reproduction of an Ancient Roman Bronze Lantern | Science Museum Group  Collection

Edited by Sofia

3 hours ago, Bosko said:

On the servers there are some pictures that show that MAYBE and I just said MAYBE May Watchtower will give us some more information and all the details about resurrection that is talked about at AM.

Perhaps both talks of brother Splane and Brother Jackson are featured in that magazine :) We just have to wait and see! Then we would be able to study them both in middle August 2024. How exciting! 

32 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Google this: "first century roman lanterns" , and you will find many like these :) Our dear brothers and sisters sure know how to dig :)

https://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/roman-civilization-1st-century-a-d-bronze-lantern-with-news-photo/122319685

Roman lantern from Pompeii, 1st century AD - HR-Replikate

Reproduction of an Ancient Roman Bronze Lantern | Science Museum Group  Collection

thank you

surely they must have researched well as we know

I just couldn't find it

and I found this white part of the piece strange, is it glass?

I couldn't imagine using it at the time of Christ...

but thanks...

1 hour ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

image.thumb.png.324b1a456116845acd14e26449a19af0.png

With this picture I cannot help but think of what melted in Jehovah's heart when the baby uttered his first cry, when Joseph placed the child on his mother's breast for the first human meal at the open air, first picnic of sorts😄 I think about it but the detail is not very useful: we at least know that he was not born during the day, at least I suppose, in relation to the announcement to the shepherds.

48 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

found this white part of the piece strange, is it glass?

Yes 

Romans produced glass on the first century 

IMG_0724.png

Interesting that Job mentioned the preciousness of glass in our Bible reading recently:

Job 28:17 Gold and glass cannot be compared to it; Nor can a vessel of fine gold be exchanged for it. 

Why is glass precious? Because of the high temp needed to make it. A mixture of special sand (silica) with traces of other elements such as boron, phosphorus, and lead. These ingredients are melted together at a temperature of about 1650° C. (3000° F.).

On 1/2/2024 at 8:44 PM, LeolaRootStew said:

The Nephilim are abominations and Adam/Eve/Satan were perfect when they sinned, so they can't be forgiven.

Adam and Eve were perfect. They were also victims of the cunning serpent. Was the temptation by Satan a planned event by Jehovah?  No!  Was Satan already misbehaving on earth prior to creation of Adam and Eve? We don’t know. It was easy to obey the command about the tree in the center of the garden until the devil coerced and lied to Eve.  Was there any warning about being on gaurd against a rogue spirt creature who would lie and manipulate to get humans to partake of the forbidden fruit?

we don’t know!  Was Satan part of Jehovahs plan? No!   Can we dogmatically say that Adam and Eve have no chance of being resurrected?  Are they ever spoken of as having gone to Gehenna?

we really don’t know do we? 

12 minutes ago, KF7 said:

Can we dogmatically say that Adam and Eve have no chance of being resurrected?  Are they ever spoken of as having gone to Gehenna?

we really don’t know do we?

Their case Kris was different from the one’s whom do inherit imperfection. The w05 5/1 16 states:

Their fall into sin was deliberate. Before them was either everlasting life or death. They disobeyed God and sided with Satan. When they died, they had no prospect of benefiting from Christ’s ransom sacrifice. Rather, they went to Gehenna.”

So the clarified understanding at the AGM certainly would apply to those such as the people in Sodom, those in Noah’s Day, Korah and the rebels who joined him but not Adam and Eve. They were not sinners when they were created, we are. 

Edited by Friend of Peace

“It’s not a matter of how much we know, but how much we love what we know.”