JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - January 2024

On 12/26/2023 at 1:26 AM, jwhess said:

Br. Cook was the chairman and he had given his 30 minute part (talk) on the Monday before included in his Monthly Broadcast for October.  don't forget to watch that broadcast to get the background of the possible combination of the preaching of the "Good News" and the "Judgement Message" combined.  That talk leads us into the first part of the AM.

The stand--alone transcript for Bro Kenneth Cook's talk "Rejoice in Declaring All of the Good News!" - from the October 2023 JW Broadcast, which was published on JW.org five days before the 2023 Annual Meeting - is here:

Edited by Parale

39 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

Cause now all the conventions have finished. So they’ve posted it publicly, I believe more videos from the convention will be uploaded soon too 

The last convention was in Africa yesterday, so it appears that all of the convention videos are available on jw.org now.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

57 minutes ago, bystander said:

I liked Jackson's talk best

He said: “Well, now, at this point, you think: ‘Wow! That’s a lot to take in.’ Maybe your hand is a little tired from taking notes. Don’t worry. An upcoming Watchtower is going to give us all the details on this, so stay tuned. “

21 minutes ago, Niel said:

He said: “Well, now, at this point, you think: ‘Wow! That’s a lot to take in.’ Maybe your hand is a little tired from taking notes. Don’t worry. An upcoming Watchtower is going to give us all the details on this, so stay tuned. “

I might be wrong, but I’m assuming it will be May or June WT and it will consist couple articles too.

3 hours ago, bystander said:

I liked Jackson's talk best. 

I like the ability to 'view' this information - and the way it is delivered. 

Yes, we will get the info in an upcoming WT, but it will not have the same effect as seeing Bro Jackson pretend to be in heaven discussing the timing of someone's death. Classic!

On 12/29/2023 at 8:58 PM, Dolce vita said:

You're in love 😊

I think you know I am. I said as much on 26 Dec. And these brothers are so loveable.

Now that you have seen the full AM, I expect you too 'feel the love'. The love they have for each other, and for us.

39 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Je pense que tu sais que je le suis. Je l'ai dit le 26 décembre. Et ces frères sont tellement adorables.

Maintenant que vous avez vu l'AM complet, j'espère que vous aussi « ressentez l'amour ». L'amour qu'ils ont l'un pour l'autre et pour nous.

Oh yes, Tony, that love shines through the screen. We love them so much too!

I love the back-story of how the GB tried hard to sell the Ramapo land without success.

And, the delays actually resulted in more design changes and an overall better product.  

That fits my pet expression:  Bad news is good news.   When something negative happens, but it turns into a positive that wasn't expected.  👍

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

I love the back-story of how the GB tried hard to sell the Ramapo land without success.

And, the delays actually resulted in more design changes and an overall better product.  

That fits my pet expression:  Bad news is good news.   When something negative happens, but it turns into a positive that wasn't expected.  👍

And what's funny- they had that land since 2007-2008 but couldn't get permission to build on it. That's why they bought land in Warwick and built there.

Now many years later, and trying to sell it- NOW is Jehovah’s time to use it. It's breathtaking, really.. 🥲

Notice the time-chart in Br Jackson's talk.   It show the start of the GT as the "Fall of Babylon the Great".

But in his talk he consistently said the "Destruction of Babylon the Great".

If I remember correctly, the Fall of BtG occurred in 1914-1919. When the Kingdom was established in heaven and false religion lost it's grip on the anointed searching the scriptures.

Whereas the Destruction of BtG will actually be the start of the GT.

Anyone else notice that?

34 minutes ago, Doug said:

Notice the time-chart in Br Jackson's talk.   It show the start of the GT as the "Fall of Babylon the Great".

If I remember correctly, the Fall of BtG occurred in 1914-1919. When the Kingdom was established in heaven and false religion lost it's grip on the anointed searching the scriptures.

Anyone else notice that?

View of the “Fall” and “Destruction” of Babylon the Great.

*** w00 1/1 p. 8 par. 13 Serving With the Watchman ***

13 What did this watchman see? Again, Jehovah’s watchman, his witness class, announced: “She has fallen! Babylon has fallen, and all the graven images of her gods he [Jehovah] has broken to the earth!” (Isaiah 21:9) This time, following World War I, it is Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, that is toppled from its perch of authority.

*** w22 May p. 11 par. 17 Revelation—What It Means for God’s Enemies ***

17 What will happen to Babylon the Great? Revelation 17:16, 17 answers that question this way: “The ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.” Yes, Jehovah will motivate the nations to use the scarlet-colored wild beast, that is, the United Nations, to turn on the world empire of false religion and completely destroy it.—Rev. 18:21-24.

44 minutes ago, Doug said:

Anyone else notice that?

His words were "Destruction" despite how the graphic was labeled.

btg1.JPG

I have thought that the destruction of false religion worldwide may be enough to wake people up, especially with JW's still actively preaching.

Although not mentioned by Br Jackson, after that, there may be a supernatural display of "the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

These earthshaking events may cause some to support the Kingdom at the last minute.

But those who do so, will have to experience the attack of Gog.   A very difficult time for all.

It is also significant how brother Jackson, speaking about the judgments that Jesus hands out at the end of the Great Tribulation, confirms what many brothers and sisters have already known for a long time. Even on this forum, many have believed for a long time that "the merciful Judge of all the Earth will do what is right". We just received confirmation from the GB (although it would be wise to remember our publications have often shown in the past that we do not know the final judgment of individuals.) . But I don't see any boasting, nor "it's about time" kind of statement among us. If we sometimes disagreed to some extent on the subject, it's time to rejoice together once again!

and the idea some have been broodind that those who die before the great tribulation will get a resurrection but those who die during it will not.. that was a bit of an absurd idea wasn’t it? 

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

Yes, the information given was incredibly faith strengthening. Didn’t it make us proud to be in such a forward moving organisation! We are hanging on for dear life, as the chariot swerves and manoeuvres for the benefit of Jehovah’s purpose. But it’s like a fun ride, exciting!

Definitely a landmark program 👍👍

Plus the love and camaraderie of our GB brothers makes us smile from ear to ear. Jehovah is such a happy God 💗