JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope's final address: God was asleep on my watch

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4062 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This infuriated me, Oh Jehovah I cant wait for the deluded worker of lawlessness to see who is asleep!

Pope's final address: God was asleep on my watch

Pope Benedict XVI gave an emotional farewell speech to tens of thousands of faithful in St Peter’s Square, saying there were times during his eight-year papacy “when it seemed that the Lord was sleeping.”

Full Article

Hasn't he got a relative thst is a JW. Didn't he make s comment about witnesses in Good favor. He is too Blind to see. Where God is truly active.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Well lets see now, if I take God's name out of the Bible, song books and liturgy, God will listen to me and direct me in his ways of truth. NOT ! It is not that God was sleeping mr. pope, you were not listening to Jesus, "I have made your name known to them and will make it known."_Jn 17:26 and that's just for starters.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Well lets see now' date=' if I take God's name out of the Bible, song books and liturgy, God will listen to me and direct me in his ways of truth. [b']NOT ! It is not that God was sleeping mr. pope, you were not listening to Jesus, "I have made your name known to them and will make it known."_Jn 17:26 and that's just for starters.
GO LYNN...

148482=8181-impatient-smiley-emoticon.gi

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

What a beautiful conversation point to use out in the ministry when talking to catholics. If the pope could not wake up the lord for help when he needed it, what chance does a humble lay person have. I think I will ask catholics if they have ever felt that the lord was sleeping when they have asked for help. Should be interesting.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

Ditto.

"The wicked one according to his superciliousness (proud and unpleasant attitude) makes no search.

All his ideas are: "There is no God" (or, The Lord has been sleeping while my priests have been molesting).

Well lets see now' date=' if I take God's name out of the Bible, song books and liturgy, God will listen to me and direct me in his ways of truth. [b']NOT ! It is not that God was sleeping mr. pope, you were not listening to Jesus, "I have made your name known to them and will make it known."_Jn 17:26 and that's just for starters.

148488=8182-clapping crowd.gif

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

While listening to the news about his stepping down, the newscasters were actually pointing out how bad things with the Catholic church had become here lately and how this pope had not been able to do anything about it and also about the rumored gay group within the church, and they have mentioned about the pedophile problems, etc.

Anyway, as I keep hearing these things from all angles, I picture in my mind the crumbling walls that are falling fast - Babylon the Great has fallen! How close to the end we are!

Wow! that is so arrogant! Asleep? Hmmmm....Matthew 7:22, 23 comes to mind!!!

22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

What a beautiful conversation point to use out in the ministry when talking to catholics. If the pope could not wake up the lord for help when he needed it, what chance does a humble lay person have. I think I will ask catholics if they have ever felt that the lord was sleeping when they have asked for help. Should be interesting.

:lol1:

I would never want to be an apologist for the pope..::o

But fair is fair .. The headline of the newspaper was misleading

I believe he was alluding to Mark 4:35 when Jesus (The Lord) was asleep at the back of the boat while his disciples where in a real trouble during the storm on the sea of Galilee..

There is no doubt the pope is in real trouble ...

The Lord (Jesus) will not come to his crisis of faith... As he came to his disciples rescue ..to calm the storm ...

The storm has only just begun ....for these pirates raping and pillaging the people...

The boat will sink .. Their fish gods will greet them in the depths

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God"

Jehovah and Jesus are definitely not sleeping ...... They have left the boat ...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

The Pope was actually refering to His God. He knows his god so well that he sometime sleeps. The bible says "there are many gods and lords," NOT TO OUR LIVING GOD, JEHOVAH THE CREATOR OF THE WHOLE UNIVERSE.

The Pope was actually refering to His God. He knows his god so well that he sometime sleeps. The bible says "there are many gods and lords," NOT TO OUR LIVING GOD, JEHOVAH THE CREATOR OF THE WHOLE UNIVERSE.

You are so right!

Maybe the pope is telling the truth

maybe HIS God is asleep or too busy preparing for his battle with Jesus to acknowledge him

We all know that the popes God isn't Jehovah I mean he can't even say his name.

Isn't it wonderful to know when we pray to the one true God he does listen

it brings to mind this scripture

(1 Kings 18:27, 28) And it came about at noon that E·li′jah began to mock them and say: “Call at the top of YOUR voice, for he is a god; for he must be concerned with a matter, and he has excrement and has to go to the privy. Or maybe he is asleep and ought to wake up!” 28 And they began calling at the top of their voice and cutting themselves according to their custom with daggers and with lances, until they caused blood to flow out upon them.