JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

Mod Note: Recently a meme was shared that contained a watermark of the site that it came from, an alert member notified the moderators that site is contaminated with apostate material.

The image has been modified to remove the watermark.

We appreciate the loving concern and extra effort that everyone is making to ensure we have a safe and happy site.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Lewis said:

You’ll be OK

2FA3FF36-B585-429B-87F8-30F88183B61C.jpeg.bed36d2ca0e1a2f4a6ff3fb0d2cfbc7e.jpeg

Reminded me of James 2:14-17...

"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it? So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead."

On 4/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, JayMusicGirl said:

Just an FYI the page watermarked in this meme is apostate, I don't know if they've always been or just turned one day, but the memes used to be safe and then suddenly just went there. Maybe a wolf in sheep's clothing. I don't know if this is from before or after the turn but just an FYI maybe don't share any of their memes because it still mentions their page... 

Oh, okay.  I didn't realize that.  I've been getting most of mine from Pinterest lately.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the joke of the video, it's the coffin dance meme. Though I don't think it really hit the mark or context of how it's usually used, lol.

For those who don't understand:

People have been posting this video about as a form of dark gallows humour, indicating that someone might be about to die, get hurt or simply may have something "bad happen" to them, but in a "foreboding comedic" way. A mix of mocking death itself or mocking/celebrating a person who had died (who may have deserved it - example might be say... Satan is about to be executed forever, and suddenly this video plays just before it happens to make fun of it, representing that they are "coming for him" with the coffin, or are dancing with him in it to celebrate), there are various applications of the joke though.

But I don't think Dinah's rape really fits into this sort of meme structure, or any meme/joke really in an appropriate way.

Edited by EccentricM

33 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

But I don't think Dinah's rape really fits into this sort of meme structure, or any meme/joke really in an appropriate way.

I thought it might have been the brothers selling Jacob into slavery.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

28 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I thought it might have been the brothers selling Jacob into slavery.

26 minutes ago, Semer said:

They are about to throw Joseph into the well.

Oh.. 😄 I had that other thread on my mind and when gems were brought up and the recent meetings, I thought I saw a woman being carried off, my bad.