JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Shortage At Bethel?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3877 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well, I hope we get some new Bibles soon. Our congregation has been out of English ones for several months now.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Do any of you have a few copies at home, like extra ones? 

Because I have a few.  3 to be exact.   One, was placed and returned.  One for my adult son, never given,

One was for a call that didn't go as planned.

Maybe some could be rounded up and bring them in . :crackwhip:  For the a time like this.

Vernalee--hasn't your son tipped you off as to the new releases since he just attnded?  Or he may be too busy assisting others after the devastating tornado.

No new NWT Bible at the DC this year. See the DC spoiler thread.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I hope they go back to sewing the Bibles. I really dislike spending money to have a large print rebound with leather and gold edges only to have the pages start to fall out in less than two years. I guess thats what they make super glue for.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

did you have the paperback bibles too for a few years, or were they only here? I'm glad we now have hardback bibles again, but I miss the deluxe ones. I still have my small deluxe for service.

We also, in Canada and the US, had paperback Bibles some years ago. I guess the Society was trying to save money. But those Bibles wore out more quickly and so cost more in the long run anyway. I think that's why we now have the hard cover Bibles again. As for the deluxe Bibles, they were always special order items and were never carried in the regular stock at the Kingdom Halls. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of those for a while either.

Hello everyone. In South Africa too we having quite a shortage of bibles. We ordered them begining of the year but they haven't arrived. Even our elders who are in need of reference bibles haven't received them,I wonder why..I thought we were the only ones who are experiencing the shortage..am hoping to get new bibles at some point although I still wish the small ones were still being printed.

Nope, it seems to be a global phenomenon.

I was hoping we would get new ones at the DC (NOPE!), but now I am hoping for this at the annual meeting.

Soon .....

Two years ago, we toured Bethel, Walkhill and Patterson. We got a glimpse of some Bibles coming off the bindery that were an odd color, and heard a rumor that more colors would be available in the future. I think I remember navy, hunter green and plum being mentioned. Wendy remembers silver (I think it was really grey.) Since then, I think we've seen a CO with a Bible that looked like one of those, but we haven't heard anything else about them. In fact, this is the first time I've REALLY thought about them since. But now the rusty cogs in my brain are starting to turn...two years...there's something significant about that number when it comes to new releases. I'm almost sure of it. 

Just a thought, if a new bible comes out it might come out at the annual meeting this year instead. That may be why they are letting more people sit in this year.

Expectation postponed makes the heart sick. While my heart is not sick I must admit that the fact that there was no Bible released at the convention was a little disappointing. Now that it has been hinted at that it could be released at this years Annual Meeting I am salivating. Surely we will get an answer to Ezekiel 21:13 soon. It is very perplexing.

Expectation postponed makes the heart sick. While my heart is not sick I must admit that the fact that there was no Bible released at the convention was a little disappointing. Now that it has been hinted at that it could be released at this years Annual Meeting I am salivating. Surely we will get an answer to Ezekiel 21:13 soon. It is very perplexing.

As something been released previously on the annual meeting?

Well that is where we get much of the "new light" - why not a new Bible!!!

ED> by "new" I don't mean all re-written, but maybe extra footnotes, appendix, I would love a glossary of terms, and maybe an updated topics for discussion?

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Hi, I know this is off topic but I need help. My wife and I live in Asia and we would like to go the District Convention in Spanish in Sydney Australia. We would like to know if anyone can help us find a place to stay. The convention is on the 9th. To the 11th. Of August. We will be getting there on the 4th. We thank you in advance for any kind of help offered. You can pm him

Ed)> Per the forum policy we don't want emails used in the form for your safety. Use the personal message system instead. Thanks - trottigy

Hi friend. How many in your family would be needing accommodation?

I will try to make some inquiries.

Gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

ED> by "new" I don't mean all re-written, but maybe extra footnotes, appendix, I would love a glossary of terms, and maybe an updated topics for discussion?

...and how about wider margins and spaces between the lines for our own notes and points we want to remember. . . a true 'study edition' of the NWT!   :praying:

Those would be nice additions but I think don't need to be treated as a new release. Can be informed by letter to the congregations as it was the case with the wt study edition and the wol site.

Anybody remembers, the reasoning book we have now, how it came?

The "Reasoning" book was released at the "Integrity Keepers" DC - 1984  (km 11/85 page 7)

“Do you wish that you personally could reason more effectively from the Scriptures? Are there questions that you encounter in your ministry and that you find difficult to handle effectively? Would you appreciate some help with these in order to assist honest-hearted ones in your area to recognize the truth?” If your answer was yes to these questions posed by the speaker at the “Integrity Keepers” Convention, we are sure that you were thrilled at the announcement that the Society has produced a new handbook for the field ministry, Reasoning From the Scriptures.

Soon .....

A colorful bible would be neat.  Was anything like that mentioned at the annual meeting?

This is just my mere speculation or my 2 cents (which adds up to 3 pennies LOL)........I wonder  - bible orders are being delayed in numerous places, and bibles with colorful covers are being printed....

Could the society be holding the bible orders, so everything is focused on printing / stockpiling numerous colorful bibles?  That way the backordered bibles could be filled with the new colorful versions at later date...?

Like I said ... that just my 2 pennies totaling up to 3 cents <smile>.

Actually we have an entire thread of spoilers - no pm necessary. :)

Soon .....