JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Shortage At Bethel?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3877 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It seems I'm the only one who doesn't really want a new bible?

what with all my notes I wrote into my reference bible? smilie cry.gif

Make a backup of those notes and then import to the new one :P

Now, serious... I would copy all the pages where you have notes and make a notebook ;)

what with all my notes I wrote into my reference bible?    attachicon.gifsmilie cry.gif

No. I totally feel the same way. I have a panicked feeling when I think about my bibles with their notes and having to replace them. I actually hope it's not a new bible we will be getting!

what with all my notes I wrote into my reference bible?    attachicon.gifsmilie cry.gif

I just don't understand how a new revision would necessitate a Convention release.  We've had minor revisions ever since the NWT was first released.  None of these revisions were Convention releases.

Guess we'll wait and see...

I just don't understand how a new revision would necessitate a Convention release.  We've had minor revisions ever since the NWT was first released.  None of these revisions were Convention releases.

Guess we'll wait and see...

The standard edition (bi12) and Reference Edition (Rbi8) were both released at teh Kingdom Increase convention in 1984.

We never got around to ordering a customized large print bible..would be nice to have one at lit. counter with flexible cover plus new reasoning book included!post-2322-0-67997700-1367689125.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

What if the updated the reasoning book and bound it with the Bible? Would that be worthy of a dc release?

And added footnotes throughout the regular size Bible - would that be enough? Just ideas - i am not saying that is what we are getting.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hi, I know this is off topic but I need help. My wife and I live in Asia and we would like to go the District Convention in Spanish in Sydney Australia. We would like to know if anyone can help us find a place to stay. The convention is on the 9th. To the 11th. Of August. We will be getting there on the 4th. We thank you in advance for any kind of help offered. You can pm him

Ed)> Per the forum policy we don't want emails used in the form for your safety. Use the personal message system instead. Thanks - trottigy

Edited by trottigy

Hi, I know this is off topic but I need help. My wife and I live in Asia and we would like to go the District Convention in Spanish in Sydney Australia. We would like to know if anyone can help us find a place to stay. The convention is on the 9th. To the 11th. Of August. We will be getting there on the 4th. We thank you in advance for any kind of help offered. You can pm him

Ed)> Per the forum policy we don't want emails used in the form for your safety. Use the personal message system instead. Thanks - trottigy

The Sydney Convention in English is being held from the 2nd to the 4th August at Sydney Olympic Park.  Where is the Spanish convention being held? 

The Sydney Convention in English is being held from the 2nd to the 4th August at Sydney Olympic Park.  Where is the Spanish convention being held? 

I just looked it up on jw.org. Below is the date and venue. :)

Spanish - Sydney

9th August 2013 Spanish 

Sydney Assembly Hall
100 Raby Rd

GLEDSWOOD HILLS NSW 2557

Edited by Purple Triangle

The first English convention in the US is scheduled for May 17-19. In Portugal, the first Portuguese convention is June 21-23; in English July 19-21.

Thanks for the info ;)

Ours will be last week of July... will have the SAD before that

The first English convention in the US is scheduled for May 17-19. In Portugal, the first Portuguese convention is June 21-23; in English July 19-21.

this in already next week! Wow, I didn't think it was that near.

Will anyone from jwtalk attend that Convention?

Just like last year, with scans of the releases too. All hidden by spoilers of course. :)

You are too kind, BrotherChuck..our health prevents us from attending a convention..we do listen from a CD and that is great...

This has been the 6th year we have missed it...There was going to be one in Daytona Beach but it fell thru....post-2322-0-75580700-1367946227.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Ours is also the 24-26 ... but I will leave the scans to Chuck

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Gledswood Hills? They've changed the suburb name.  When we go to our circuit assemblies and SAD's we say we're going to "Catherine Fields".  Now I have to say Gledswood Hills?  From fields to hills, where did those hills come from?  :)

Edited by Fee-bee