JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Shortage At Bethel?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3877 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I had to give a new student one of my older Bibles. She said so sweetly..."that's ok, it's readable." Also, it just crossed my mind about all the Bibles that are leftover at the Assemblies and Conventions! Don't people treasure God's Word? I just hope if they're not claimed then they could prayerfully be used elsewhere.

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

"Also, it just crossed my mind about all the Bibles that are leftover at the Assemblies and Conventions! Don't people treasure God's Word? I just hope if they're not claimed then they could prayerfully be used elsewhere."

Voni in NC

My Wife and I will be working Lost & Found at the DC next weekend...... Would it be bad to nab the nice unclaimed Bibles? :) (kidding).

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

My Wife and I will be working Lost & Found at the DC next weekend...... Would it be bad to nab the nice unclaimed Bibles? :) (kidding).

Finders keepers, losers weepers!  -_-  :ph34r: 

..or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding ;)

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Maybe it will be a new English translation, and therefore won't be released in the USA? We'll have to wait and see when the UK conventions start.

Isn't the UK translation the same as the US?

The brothers that talk about bible shortage are from US an Australia, if I recall correctly. So, this should be related to the EN-US translation which is the source for all the others

Maybe there will be a release on the annual meeting or by letter... or any other way, but don't think so for a DC

Our CO made a comment in passing that the Branch was having problems with the covers on the new softback bibles.  All the covers kept coming off easily, so the entire line was shut down until they get the problem resolved. 

Seems like an awfully long time, though.

Thanks for that. I've been wondering and that  sounds reasonable.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

For some time we had softback Bibles, printed in Rome. Then for a long time we had no Bibles, anywhere in Italy! Then about 5 months ago, they started arriving again - hardbacks printed in Japan. Now we have no shortage!

Italy stopped being a printing branch at the end of the 2012 service year. I wonder if the shortage had anything to do with printing operations for Italy being transferred.

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

I add a clue....

in my English congregation here in Italy we have not received any English bible since last summer 2012.. but orders of Bibles in other languages have been regulary supplied...

"If you get hold of the head of a snake, the rest of it is mere rope"

For some time we had softback Bibles, printed in Rome. Then for a long time we had no Bibles, anywhere in Italy! Then about 5 months ago, they started arriving again - hardbacks printed in Japan. Now we have no shortage!

Italy stopped being a printing branch at the end of the 2012 service year. I wonder if the shortage had anything to do with printing operations for Italy being transferred.

yes, the german bibles are printed in Japan too, and I'm so glad it's back to hardcover bibles, the soft cover ones were not very practical.

Hopefully I am not adding to rumors about the Bible shortage, but this makes sense.  A brother told us at our DC this weekend, that there are thousands of Bibles "out there"...some congregations have lots while some have none.  During the conversation, another brother added that their congregation found 50 Bibles and they were dispersed to the other halls.  Perhaps it is hoped that we can pull out of our bookcases and literature rooms all the forgotten or misplaced Bibles.  I must admit that with the shortage I dug deep in my books and found a brand spankin' new Bible I didn't know I had!  I am still curious that the Faithful Slave might have something new for us, but if not, we can direct interested ones to the jw.org website.  I have been thinking about the future scenario where we might not have printed Bibles to share so readily!  What will we do?  Improvise!

Proverbs 16:3  "Commit to Jehovah whatever you do and your plans will succeed."

Hopefully I am not adding to rumors about the Bible shortage, but this makes sense. A brother told us at our DC this weekend, that there are thousands of Bibles "out there"...some congregations have lots while some have none. During the conversation, another brother added that their congregation found 50 Bibles and they were dispersed to the other halls. Perhaps it is hoped that we can pull out of our bookcases and literature rooms all the forgotten or misplaced Bibles. I must admit that with the shortage I dug deep in my books and found a brand spankin' new Bible I didn't know I had! I am still curious that the Faithful Slave might have something new for us, but if not, we can direct interested ones to the jw.org website. I have been thinking about the future scenario where we might not have printed Bibles to share so readily! What will we do? Improvise!

Maybe we can do a "do-it-yourself" bible with the pdf from jw.org :)

Don't know how much it would cost though...

We just got five reference bibles in. (The large study bible). But not with the regular shipment.

A sister had them and gave them to the book counter :perplexed: lol

He didn't tell me which sister. What a bible hoarder. And why the reference bible?

Now everyone is confused and thinks bibles are back!

What a bible hoarder. And why the reference bible?

At least she was loving enough to return them.

I have a reference bible that is marked to the most extreme degree with underlines, highlights, and my own margin notes. Then I have another one in mint condition for my library. And then I have one more that I was planning to get rebound with a pretty leather cover, which plans got a little derailed when I got a tablet.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

At least she was loving enough to return them.

I have a reference bible that is marked to the most extreme degree with underlines, highlights, and my own margin notes. Then I have another one in mint condition for my library. And then I have one more that I was planning to get rebound with a pretty leather cover, which plans got a little derailed when I got a tablet.

Yeah, but those are 5 totally new/unused reference bibles. No explanation is going to make sense to me.

I'm glad I don't know who it was, lol.

Yeah, but those are 5 totally new/unused reference bibles. No explanation is going to make sense to me.

I'm glad I don't know who it was, lol.

Maybe she was going to give them as gifts to some relatives, and decided it could wait because the brothers and sisters at her congregation had a need for them. Her reasons could be vast, varied, and legit. I still think it sounds loving that she returned them to the congregation to make them available to others. Not much of a "hoarder" after all, yeah?

:grouphug:

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Maybe she was going to give them as gifts to some relatives, and decided it could wait because the brothers and sisters at her congregation had a need for them. Her reasons could be vast, varied, and legit. I still think it sounds loving that she returned them to the congregation to make them available to others. Not much of a "hoarder" after all, yeah?

:grouphug:

Ok. Ok. :surrender:

I add a clue....

in my English congregation here in Italy we have not received any English bible since last summer 2012.. but orders of Bibles in other languages have been regulary supplied...

Does this include "softback bibles" ?