JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Something Is Wrong When A Country Says It’S 40 Million Rolls Short On Toilet Paper :eek:

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4004 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here i thought it came from a game in Las Vegas - Craps.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I wonder if Chuck knows where the word 'crap' came from?   :secret:  It was part of the name of an abode manufacturer -"Thomas Crapper" -and down through the years..... :ph34r:

Yep! I am a great admirer of his! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

But, that isn't the origin of the word "crap"

The word crap is actually of Middle English origin; and hence predates its application to bodily waste. Its first application to bodily waste, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, appeared in 1846 under a reference to a crapping ken, or a privy, where ken means a house

Its most likely etymological origin is a combination of two older words, the Dutch krappen: to pluck off, cut off, or separate; and the Old French crappe: siftings, waste or rejected matter (from the medieval Latin crappa, chaff)

Edited by Musky

I find it amazing how as humans we have become so dependant on lifes important little nescesarties.

Mobile phones. & the loo paper.

I don't know what terms are used for the longdrop.

The moment you hit the bush they are pretty much the only convinience available.

You need a peg for your nose. If you not prepared then its the leaves. LoLs.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Y'all realize this is publicly visible!!! Do you really want people knowing that JW's are human and enjoy a little "bathroom humor" at times! :lol1:  :lol2:  :laugh:

I wouldnt want people to know that we are also humans. lol..

When placing magazines, brothers should be very observant so they see whather a person is INTRESTED in the MAGAZINE or What is IN the magazine.

Edited by Abbyz

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

LOL!  Bohemian that TOTALLY REMINDS ME....

I'm 39, I grew up on a farm in Alberta.  We too had outdoor facilities (outhouses with no doors on them LOL), but used a bucket with a toilet seat in the house (LUXURY as the guy in the skit said LOL HAHAHA).  Now my grandparents weren't exactly the sanitary type, when the bucket was full they'd throw the contents of that bucket out the side door of their double wide.......  

So my cousin Lorne and I were rough housing in the trailer the one day, when we got too rambunctious and he threw me up against the door they'd throw the contents of the bucket out.  Well....wouldn't you know it, that stupid door popped open, I cracked my head on the metal stairs as I went down into......YOU GUESSED IT.... all the contents of the bucket that had been previously thrown there.  

I was young, we didn't have running water and it was late.  My mom cleaned me up as best as she could, but I kept throwing up likely from the combination of smells and probably what I realize now was a concussion.  She finally ended up going out at 2-3 a.m. and going to the well to pump water to haul it in so she could give me a proper bath.  

So.....to bring this back on topic, what's worse than no T.P.?  NO RUNNING WATER!

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

Sharon--now that's FUNNY!  Even though I know you did not appreciate it at the time it is nice these stories can eventually be "goo" memories.  My cousin and I were at the lak camping with our families--we were maybe 10-12 yrs old.  We had to go find a "tree" to hide behind.  My aunt says  "make it a good ways from our camp".  I was Andrea's look-out.  I stood with my back to her while she went to take care of business.  She went into a setting position and one of those sticks that stick stright up from the ground was waiting on her.  It was like it hit a target.  I did not know what happened at first because she took off like a bolt of lightening running around in circles and screaming at the tops of her lungs.  I had to go get my aunt, her Mom and bring her to the spot where she had last been--my aunt could here her screaming from camp and though we saw a snake.  Only if.  Anyway it was a trip to the ER and my cousin was crying in agony and embrassement.  I had not thought about this in a long time.  My cousin died from mestatic breast CA about three years ago.  WE will have a good chuckle in paradise when we think about this.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

News Flash:

In an effort to assist those in need and to continue it's "Green Policy", a major relief organization is rushing a shipment of used toilet paper to this region.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I imagine if this had happened here, it would be a major problem.

we have frequent warnings by the brother responsible for the expenses to be more spare on the paper "we are using too much!" "try to clean yourselves with less paper!"

looool :D