JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Skin Care and Make Up

This is my first thread... Notice me if I make mistakes...

I find there's no topic like this before... Let me know if there is...  :bouncing: 

Maybe more sisters will comment here, but brothers are welcome

I know we should put more attention to spiritual beauty... Yet, Jehovah will like us clean and neat too... Even colorful...

Any skin care and make up tips that is effective?

:bouncing:

Best and cheapest skin cream is coconut oil !!!! You can eat it, cook with it and use it for face and body.

I take a spoonful a day it helps Keep the body Alkaline which cancer cells dislike !

I like a natural blush and lipstick that has no chemicals ......at my age I need all the help I can get!

Don't buy into the expensive is better idea......it is a waste of money !

Olive oil is great also.

Italians and Mediterraneans.

Use this olive oil both in hair and skin

Vitamin E creem and cocoa creem.

Are great.

If you have allergies

Sorbelene .

Is great for both moisture and as a shower was and shaving creem .

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I use coconut oil with a dab of castor oil in it on my face and hands and any problem areas. The coconut oil helps to dilute the castor oil so that it doesn't feel sticky. I never use soap on my face. At 72, I still have a nice complexion and I think this is the reason.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I use coconut oil with a dab of castor oil in it on my face and hands and any problem areas. The coconut oil helps to dilute the castor oil so that it doesn't feel sticky. I never use soap on my face. At 72, I still have a nice complexion and I think this is the reason.

Then how to swipe the oil from face if not using soap? Any cleanser?

Olive oil is great also.

Italians and Mediterraneans.

Use this olive oil both in hair and skin

Vitamin E creem and cocoa creem.

Are great.

If you have allergies

Sorbelene .

Is great for both moisture and as a shower was and shaving creem .

As I know there's different kind of oil, like virgin, extra virgin, etc... Is it okay to use any or??

Then how to swipe the oil from face if not using soap? Any cleanser?

I just use enough of the coconut oil in the palm of my hand with a very small amount of the castor oil, then I wipe my face off with a warm wash cloth after allowing the oil to penetrate for a minute or  two. I use mineral power for makeup.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I've noticed that since I started eating LOTS (5-9 svgs a day) of vegetables and fruits that the dark circles under my eyes have almost disappeared! Yay! All that sacrifice (cutting back on the junk food) is totally worth it and a great side benefit to just trying to get healthier in general.

I've noticed that since I started eating LOTS (5-9 svgs a day) of vegetables and fruits that the dark circles under my eyes have almost disappeared! Yay! All that sacrifice (cutting back on the junk food) is totally worth it and a great side benefit to just trying to get healthier in general.

May I know what amount is 5 svgs?

I just use enough of the coconut oil in the palm of my hand with a very small amount of the castor oil, then I wipe my face off with a warm wash cloth after allowing the oil to penetrate for a minute or two. I use mineral power for makeup.

Great... Wish I know where to buy coconut and castor oil in my country... Surely cannot find it in supermarket...

I am sure we have those, but traders import them to other countries

Drink lots of water and don't forget SLEEP it is the best facial you can give yourself :)

I also have a little trick to cleans my face once in a while . Take a little Epsom salt in the palm of your hand , add a few drops of essential oil ( I like Rose but cheaper one is lang lang then add a bit of coconut oil ) and gently scrub your face. Get gets rid of dead skin and and dirt you may have rinse and then apply your face cream.

You can also buy face creams organic fairly inexpensive at winners.

Yanty most of our coconut oil comes from Philippines , Indonesia should have it just keep looking you will probably find it now you know about it. Try to find cold pressed.

Hi, Yanty! 

Depends on what is going on with your skin.  :)

I stick with CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer for my face.  I have to use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick for my terminally dry lips (I have tried every other oil, etc., out there and nothing even comes close to helping).

http://www.cerave.com/?gclid=CPDqlIfb-b4CFeYRMwodeQwAyw

I think you can order all through www.drugstore.com.  :)

I stick with Maybelline Great Lash mascara, if I'm going to wear any at all.  Less expensive than many brands and works just as well.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I use the Maybellline Rocet mascara and everyone is always asking me if my lashes are real.  I get better results with that mascara than the super expensive ones at high end stores. (I like the Loreal Butterfly lashes mascara too!)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Drink lots of water and don't forget SLEEP it is the best facial you can give yourself :)

I also have a little trick to cleans my face once in a while . Take a little Epsom salt in the palm of your hand , add a few drops of essential oil ( I like Rose but cheaper one is lang lang then add a bit of coconut oil ) and gently scrub your face. Get gets rid of dead skin and and dirt you may have rinse and then apply your face cream.

Yanty most of our coconut oil comes from Philippines , Indonesia should have it just keep looking you will probably find it now you know about it. Try to find cold pressed.

No wonder why the good looking women never get anything done, they're too busy sleeping!   ...   coconut oil, olive oil - you girls making a salad?    ...    try ENGINE oil - synthetic blend will get you 5,000 miles!  ...     is this gonna turn into another one of those fix my bra threads!?   ...  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15194-diy-for-women-lols/  

I love discussing beauty techniques. I use whatever I have at hand, I wash with baking soda or brown sugar mixed with a little safflower oil as a scrub, followed by witch hazel or apple cider vinegar as an astrigent. I also use raw unrefined coconut oil as a moisturizer and natural sunscreen all in one. Sometimes I also use it as a deorderant. Older sisters may also use it as a vaginal lubricant during intimate times. Whatever food I eat always goes on my face. When ever I make my delicious sliced avocadoes and sliced tomatoes with pepper and a little salt with brown rice, the avocado goes on my face. I also rinse my face with the rice water. It's said that blushing brides use this before their wedding for a wonderful glow. When I make my morning lemon water I rub the lemon on my face. I let these sit and rinse and apply a thin layer of my CoCo oil. My skin looks amazing when I apply pineapple rind to it. I practically look like a baby my skin is so smooth afterwards.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

No wonder why the good looking women never get anything done, they're too busy sleeping! ... coconut oil, olive oil - you girls making a salad? ... try ENGINE oil - synthetic blend will get you 5,000 miles! ... is this gonna turn into another one of those fix my bra threads!? ... http://jwtalk.net/fo...for-women-lols/

Careful Tim us women can vote u off the island faster than you can say " Jack Robinson" ! :) :) :)

Epsom salt is great!!!  I also use it on my feet as a scrub.  I soak my feet for a few minutes in warm water, scrub the feet (especially the heal) pat dry feet with a towel, put some lotion on and socks and my feet are nice and smooth and no cracking of the skin.  Great for summer when you are wearing sandal's alot in the summer.

Oh yeah... I heard about coconut oil... what about olive oil?

Olive oil is awesome!!!

My grandmother was from Greece, and that is all she ever used on her skin/hair was olive oil.  She had beautiful skin her entire life.  

Drink lots of water as well.  

MAC Studio Fix powder foundation, Loreal mascara, MAC eyeliner & blush (sometimes). Various lipstick.

Boots No. 7 facial cleanser, Aveeno moisturizer.

Lots of water.

Agree to lots of water... 

Yes to lots of water and enough sleep.... And, I feel when my period have just gone (with the acne also), my face is really smooth...

No epsom salt here... can i use random salt that we have here?

And yes, there's a lot of coconut here, we drink the water, eat the meat, use coconut milk for cooking, and coconut skin as fuel for bbq... Yet, never seen coconut oil here... (but, i saw it in Taiwan...)  I guess they export it to other countries... But, I will try to search online...