JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2414 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We had a letter read tonight about the songbook. September 4th will be the date that all Spanish congregations and circuit assemblies will begin to use the new songbook. We will be getting them around late April-early May so we can practice for the convention and learn the new numbering of the songs.

Edited by MM9106

To protect my songbook (and Bible), I use a bookcover as these are our main publication for worship. For one, they are always practical, especially for regular/long term use.  Since I'm an amature photographer, I personalized the blank pages of my songbook to include landscape photos and touching scriptures that expresses my love of "Singing Joyfully to Jehovah." :)

20170321_224428.jpg

• 1 month later...
To protect my songbook (and Bible), I use a bookcover as these are our main publication for worship. For one, they are always practical, especially for regular/long term use.  Since I'm an amature photographer, I personalized the blank pages of my songbook to include landscape photos and touching scriptures that expresses my love of "Singing Joyfully to Jehovah." 
20170321_224428.thumb.jpg.5a8aa88386e0827f3b860298f08f5595.jpg

nice bookcover my dear sister and the customize photos too are really nice.i like the practical steps you take to not only keep your study paraphernalia in good shape but also to make you always love to use them.
although we are yet to get our own supply of the new song in my congregation (and maybe in nigeria ) but i can wait to grab hold of that lovely brand new sing out joyfully to Jehovah song book.
and that lovely bookcover of yours,does it come with the song book?

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

Spanish songs with lyrics videos are all up.

Quick question:

Letter to Spanish-speaking congregations stated that we will start using the new songbook on the week of September 4, but regional convention program in Spanish shows the new songs, and regional conventions in Spanish starts on May 19, 2017

Has anyone heard about another letter about this?

oh happy day !!! i just got my own copy of the beautiful new sing out joyfully to Jehovah songbook.it was distributed this evening at the christian meeting.what a wonderful gift from our dear loving God Jehovah.

oh happy day !!! i just got my own copy of the beautiful new sing out joyfully to Jehovah songbook.it was distributed this evening at the christian meeting.what a wonderful gift from our dear loving God Jehovah.

19 hours ago, ishaya moses said:

nice bookcover my dear sister and the customize photos too are really nice.i like the practical steps you take to not only keep your study paraphernalia in good shape but also to make you always love to use them.
although we are yet to get our own supply of the new song in my congregation (and maybe in nigeria ) but i can wait to grab hold of that lovely brand new sing out joyfully to Jehovah song book.
and that lovely bookcover of yours, does it come with the song book?

Greetings Brother Moses, Actually, I ordered the songbook cover from this website:  https://www.ministryideaz.com/JW-Songbook-covers-s/1945.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the video screen. It saves me the pain of bending my neck now and then while singing. Furthermore, the video screen makes the singing interactive, somewhat fun.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

I used to prefer the screen since I could lift my head and project my voice, but lately, the lyrics are slower that the melody. So we keep missing (and therefore mumble) the first word  of every new page.

I used to prefer the screen since I could lift my head and project my voice, but lately, the lyrics are slower that the melody. So we keep missing (and therefore mumble) the first word  of every new page.

Why is that? The videos are timed so that the lyrics will appear a little before the verse starts, or are you using some videos you've produced locally?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Do you prefer to use the lyrics on the video screens or on your tablet (or printed)? Why?

Johan

On my Phone... Why? because sometimes, depending on song, I can see lyrics in advanced... There can a slight delay to next screen on video screen.. Also I hold my phone up to eye level... In addition even though my voice isn't melodious or I can't read music I sing loudly to help congregation because some friends don't know new songs well yet plus some appointed bros are still well to put it tactfully.. "S Cubed" i. e. SHY SINGING SONGS... I play the songs over and over and over again in my vehicle. So I was ready for the Memorial... No screens in rented facilities. I've received thanks from some friends because unbeknownst to me they told me they were following my lead. I was shocked! But I've taking singing more seriously as part of worship since broadcast about the new songs and singing techniques awhile back! I occasionally try to use the big screens but resort back to phone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20170226_184013.jpg

Ah man! I thought I removed the pic. Okay what happened was there was an accident near Kingdom Hall. A brother asked to see the picture of the accident. He brought attention to my vehicle screen and told me good thing I had a good song on captured in the picture.

On my Phone... Why? because sometimes, depending on song, I can see lyrics in advanced... There can a slight delay to next screen on video screen.. Also I hold my phone up to eye level... In addition even though my voice isn't melodious or I can't read music I sing loudly to help congregation because some friends don't know new songs well yet plus some appointed bros are still well to put it tactfully.. "S Cubed" i. e. SHY SINGING SONGS... I play the songs over and over and over again in my vehicle. So I was ready for the Memorial... No screens in rented facilities. I've received thanks from some friends because unbeknownst to me they told me they were following my lead. I was shocked! But I've taking singing more seriously as part of worship since broadcast about the new songs and singing techniques awhile back! I occasionally try to use the big screens but resort back to phone!

20170226_184013.thumb.jpg.18861f1924cbc0357ba546bae66621fa.jpg

It's good you're taking singing seriously even though you yourself claim not to have a singing voice. It makes me happy to hear. However if there is a pin undesired delay the video file, this should probably be reported and checked out. Is it possible that it could be the A/V system in your Kingdom Hall that causes the delay?

Practice is very good. His way we not only get to know the melodies, but also the arrangement. Unfortunately, these days the old choral arrangements, if you use those, makes us learn the wrong lyrics, lol.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”