JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Taunting buffalo gets you in pokey.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2085 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Nice pic/video Ross

Majority of humans just take up far too much air. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

I had the privilege to go to Yellowstone. Got to see these beautiful animals, quite a few in a herd. Even got to see a darling baby.

From the vehicle managed to see one VERY close up. Just the Head is so massive, let alone the entire animal. 

If this poor animal woulda attacked this fool, the bison would more than likely paid the ultimate price. 

I am soooo glad this idiot was arrested. Hope other than jail time the fine REALLY hurts his pocketbook. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Back in the late 1906's and the early 1970's my Dad helped build some buildings near here that were for an idea a man had to create an "attraction" he called a "Buffalo Ranch".

It had an "old west saloon" and a "trick house" as well as a few other interesting buildings. It also had a "tram" for looking at the entire park. The park was about 50 acres.

One of the main features was the herd of Buffalo in the "pasture area" behind the main events. This allowed us to see buffalo "up close and personal".

The shame is, when the place didn't become a success, we found out that the guy who owned/built it really only wanted a tax deduction/loss and he did not ever intend for it to work - so, when it started to actually make money, he withdrew its financial support and the place went out of business.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, SheyZ said:

i was kind of wondering if rather than taunting the buffalo he and the buffalo where playing. neither looked aggressive.
m on-the-less, he is in trouble.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

One should never "play" with wild animals. They will kill a person... then they must be put down, as a protection. 😞

The man was quite aggressive and he's fortunate the bison didn't go after him.

2 hours ago, Hope said:

One should never "play" with wild animals. They will kill a person... then they must be put down, as a protection. 😞

The man was quite aggressive and he's fortunate the bison didn't go after him.

The bison was obviously the smarter one...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I’ve been amongst a herd of these animals . They are an amazingly well engineered creature with the ability to do a 180 by pivoting on their front legs. They can tolerate temperatures as low as -50* f and can stall calving for weeks to allow for more favorable weather. This bull clearly had minimal interest in doing harm. I’ve seen a bison cow toss a man like he weighed nothing.

They can overturn a truck easily. And yet they will actively avoid stepping on you during a stampede ( they are more aware of their feet and potential for injury than domestic cattle and when your running through Badger hole and prairie dog terrain with the occasional rattlesnake we all should be).  And with all that sometimes they can be made into a stead. 

The remaining subspecies of Bison ( Wisent , plains Bison , woods Bison) are all technically dwarf species. They are typically 36 inches from horn tip to horn tip and about six foot tall at the shoulder. They , like so many species around today, descend from a much larger ancestor ( Bison priscus If memory serves ) an animal of massive size.