JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Helping Prisoners - jw.org NEWS video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3812 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It was because of an Elder visiting the Prison my Brother, Doug, is in that it lead to him getting babtised.

Thanks to the Elders/Sisters that go into these territories.

Brother Doug is now conducting 5 Bible studies, conducts some parts of the meetings, witnesses in the field or gym yard, and is uplifted when the Elders come and visit.  Between 16 and 24 people attend meetings, and the Gaurds listen too. One Gaurd takes the magazines monthly. 

He is in the country in Virginia USA.

We have an Elder and 2 MS in our Congregation that are employed in the Prison system in one capacity or another. There are a lot of prisoners that attend the meetings in the Prison. Those that just want something to do outside of their cells don't last long but their are a few that take it seriously and make Jehovah their friend. It is exciting when ones really take it to heart and impresses a guard.  Guards are that last to believe that one has really made changes in their lives because it seems that when one inters the prison system they "immediately get Jesus," as one guard put it.

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

What an encouraging video.

My brother goes to the prison in Ashland, KY...they usually have about 20 something at the WT study.  

This year they had 47 for the memorial.  My brother gave the special talk on Saturday before giving it at the hall on Sunday.  He said that was his trial run.

I'm glad Jehovah can use him in this way.  He really enjoys it.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

We have several prisons in our area and the brothers are holding meetings and studying with some of them. Some have even gotten baptized.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Our congregation has 3 prisons. Like the one in the video, one of ours is the maximum security facility that holds "death row". Actually, the one in the video used to have death row for New York until NY did away with the death penalty. Florida still has the death penalty.

We have some brothers on death row (yes, they are baptized) that have a regular share in our meetings. Not only do they have meetings at the prisons, several of the brothers send in comments that are read by one of us during the Watchtower (if we are called upon) and they also send in their student talks. One of us will be asked to read their talk from the platform.

It is very encouraging to see how drastic their learning the Truth has so completely changed their lives, especially when they know that they will never leave the prison alive in this system.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I remember also here in the Philippines around 2009-2010, we went regularly every Sunday almost 2 years on (LEX) Bulacan Provincial Jail.

We gave them all our old and new magazines, we have regular studies with 3 interested inmates, until the other 1 where transfer to New Bilibid Prison. The jail is over populated, it is very hot inside, a lot of smoke due to cigarette. We don't have a nice place to conduct study but on the edge of ladder.  Lots of gays inmates, its a hard place but we do it for love for Jehovah.

I end my regular visit because I was hospitalized, but the other brothers continued it and transfered it to the right congregation who accounted on that territory.

Its a nice experience though.  :)

• 3 months later...

Just recieved a Good News letter from My Brother, whom is a Brother in the faith, He humbly writes from Prison, that two of the five he gets to study with are

planning to get babtised on 24th Nov 2013.   I can tell he has joy.  He said he keeps really buisy with the preaching work there.