JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

18 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

I cut up a mini-banana for my daughter's breakfast, and it came back smiling at her...

smilingbananas2.jpeg

smilingbananas3.jpeg

I was born in 1951 and was more of a food watcher(studier) than an eater. I noticed that the insides of bananas seemed to change as time went on. This is a Cavendish, of which there are about  5 varieties. It seemed to me, that the seeds were prominent, darker and rounder and the fleshy part was whiter, when I was much younger. I am not sure which banana variety was most popular in New England in the 50s and 60s.  Am I the only one who thinks the inside view of a cross cut banana is different now?  Y(was never the favorite child)S

Edited by kejedo

2 hours ago, kejedo said:

I was born in 1951 and was more of a food watcher(studier) than an eater. I noticed that the insides of bananas seemed to change as time went on. This is a Cavendish, of which there are about  5 varieties. It seemed to me, that the seeds were prominent, darker and rounder and the fleshy part was whiter, when I was much younger. I am not sure which banana variety was most popular in New England in the 50s and 60s.  Am I the only one who thinks the inside view of a cross cut banana is different now?  Y(was never the favorite child)S

That is really fascinating. This was one of the last mini-bananas we had, so it was rather ripe. It's always great to learn new things! I never really noticed this in regular bananas when I cut them. But my daughter wanted to try these mini ones.

•  
  • Notify me of replies
  •  
  • Notify me of replies

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

Arancini  are Italian snacks consisting of a ball of rice coated with bread crumbs and then deep fried. The most common fillings are: meat or mince, slow-cooked at low temperature with tomato sauce and spices), mozzarella and/or caciocavallo cheese, and often peas, and al burro, filled with ham and mozzarella or besciamella.

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

My wife makes small arancini made with piece of mozzarella cheese arborio rice bread crumbs deep fried. There are other ingredients too, I think white wine in the rice. One brother would sneak around and he corner of kitchen and snag a couple when we used to have dinner parties.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

12 hours ago, Loopy said:

438A26D1-BF7F-49A7-A6E0-8BA949943B4C.jpeg

Lost dogs are a big issue, this is just the tip of the iceberg....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Lost dogs are a big issue, this is just the tip of the iceberg....

My wife said that we cant arugula with the facts....😂

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

41 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Talking about ice - I wish those in UP Michigan would keep their cold weather up there.

There is a shortage of Head & Shoulders and we are being overrun by a bunch of flakes this evening. 🕸️

And here I was just about to blame our blizzard on you Canadians. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif