JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Lew was out mowing today, he found this.....chanterelles! So I guess I'm having onions, mushrooms, eggs and sausage for breakfast.

872048583_Chantrels(748x1331).thumb.jpg.d28b1c9e744a4365444c5bdbcc554113.jpg

We do have a lot of natural resources in our area. King Boletes are common, I found 3 like this when we bought here. They're delicious fresh or smoked/dried.

Amazon.com : Seeds Porcini Mushroom King Bolete Mycelium Spawn Dried Spores  Kit for Planting Non GMO : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Learn something new every day. :D 

I'd never heard of a 'Virga Rainbow' before.

https://earthsky.org/earthsky-community-photos/entry/43798/spacer.png

"This is a broad bow and also of variable width. These suggest that it was made by virga [rain that falls but doesn't reach the ground] or other very small water droplets in the air. These would not necessarily be seen or felt as rain. The smaller the water drops, the broader the bow. When the drops get down to mist size then we have a fogbow." --Les Cowley  https://www.atoptics.co.uk/droplets/fogdrpsz.htm?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Two weeks ago, we went mushroom hunting in the thick moss-carpeted part of the forest, and we got lots of the mushrooms pictured below, including the King Boletes - German name is Steinpilz, translated stone mushroom because of their firm flesh. It was my first time to see the Amethyst Deceiver (Laccaria amethystina). Made a very tasty dinner!

50F92B75-197F-48F9-A54A-296AF6BE98A7.jpeg

3776B153-66D0-4EAF-87A6-4F0DCC1BC50C.jpeg

7C963032-1582-4530-BC85-BD7026581C47.jpeg

8F5EC50F-08D2-4DC4-A36C-29DB677B81F9.jpeg

I just watched a documentary called Fantastic Fungi, Netflix. The variety of mushrooms, how they grow, their nutritional properties, everything about them really is Fantastic....there's also one  called The Truffle Hunters; how men use trained dogs to find these type underground..Prime     

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 minutes ago, Dove said:

I just watched a documentary called Fantastic Fungi, Netflix. The variety of mushrooms, how they grow, their nutritional properties, everything about them really is Fantastic....there's also one  called The Truffle Hunters; how men use trained dogs to find these type underground..Prime     

Will check both out, thanks! The subject fascinates me.

10 minutes ago, Dove said:

Is that the one where the guy showed mushrooms that glow in the dark? By Stephen Axford?

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

12 hours ago, Loopy said:

Is that the one where the guy showed mushrooms that glow in the dark? By Stephen Axford?

I did see mushrooms that glow in the dark, but not sure if it was this one or a trailer I watched for another documentary...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Spent the morning with my friend again today to the farmers market. Look what I found! Cauliflower at 3.1/4 pounds and 5.5 pounds!! can you believe it!

cauli 1 (748 x 1331).jpg

cauli 2 (1) (748 x 1331).jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

31 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've eaten it all my life.

I grew up eating butter from cold storage. But now I'm more adventurous. Besides there is always discounted priced items from the nearby Aeon supermarket. Butter, milk, yoghurt only marked down 50%. 

Spoiler

image.png.7f030d1c2cb7472c487b7982b5b6a6fe.png

Edited by happiness IS

It's nice to have local products we're familiar and comfortable with.  

Tillamook products are found in many places in the whole US, they're quite popular. Tillamook Creamery is in my driving area. I've been there many times.  Love doing a sample tour.

What I don't love is the smell of all the fertilizer pumped into the fields during the summer. It's literally so strong it makes your eyes water.

https://www.tillamook.com/visit-us/creamery