JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

(Sorry, that was insensitive and inappropriate. I made the picture for Emma after she asked if the shed was still standing after the promised 60mph winds, and then without thinking posted it here.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1800587292_ScreenShot2022-02-20at12_46_04PM.png.7c34537c8ffed9be0c72bb90a41ef293.png

https://earthsky.org/sun/solar-prominence-active-sun-feb-2022/

We don’t know for sure, but it’s possible the event was spawned by an X-flare, our sun’s most powerful category of solar flare.

Although we didn’t see the flare that caused it, Solar Orbiter did see the prominence extending from the sun’s limb. Prominences like this one are huge structures on our local star, made of superheated gas called plasma, intertwined with solar magnetic fields. 

Like Earth, the sun rotates. So scientists are wondering now if a large active region will soon rotate into our view on the sun.

2 million miles long? 😲 

That's a pretty prominent Prominence. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

23 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I did think of you and my other brothers and sisters down there - Sussex being where I was born and raised. Was it as bad as '87?

No, not here anyway. I slept through the ‘87 storm(!) but there were roads blocked with trees everywhere back then. (Our small firm from Redhill spent weeks afterwards fixing farm building roofs etc as insurance work for Surrey County Council. We certainly didn’t cheat them but it was nice to have a constant stream of work at a pre-agreed hourly rate for a while.)

Another day of 50mph winds here.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, ChrisC said:

No, not here anyway. I slept through the ‘87 storm(!) but there were roads blocked with trees everywhere back then. (Our small firm from Redhill spent weeks afterwards fixing farm building roofs etc as insurance work for Surrey County Council. We certainly didn’t cheat them but it was nice to have a constant stream of work at a pre-agreed hourly rate for a while.)

Another day of 50mph winds here.

Glad it wasn't too bad down there and hope all our brothers and sisters in other parts of the country are also safe.

I arrived home to Rusper 10 days after the '87 storm - first time I'd been back since I came to Australia. Glad my flight hadn't been booked for 10 days earlier.  Worked hard helping clean up the farm. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

A 500 lb bear in the Lake Tahoe area, nicknamed Hank the Tank was being blamed for multiple break-ins, but he was recently exonerated by DNA testing.

Doug, have you seen him?

Screenshot_20220225-131952_Google.thumb.jpg.fd2a1300ff89cecca7a88267844a1feb.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

A 500 lb bear in the Lake Tahoe area, nicknamed Hank the Tank was being blamed for multiple break-ins, but he was recently exonerated by DNA testing.

Doug, have you seen him?

Screenshot_20220225-131952_Google.thumb.jpg.fd2a1300ff89cecca7a88267844a1feb.jpg

Does one of those break-ins have something to do with stolen food? That would explain why he's so fat. However, that DNA thing stands in the way of convicting him.

57 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Does one of those break-ins have something to do with stolen food? That would explain why he's so fat. However, that DNA thing stands in the way of convicting him.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/25/us/hank-the-tank-dna-evidence/index.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Our bins got mixed up with our neighbours’ today so I have ordered a 6 for each of them. So that will look nice!

63F99BC7-44E6-4442-A1FF-1874F456D08C.thumb.jpeg.afa19a10ebff7f5a4e9795511d2d01ea.jpeg

Just now, bagwell1987 said:

GASP!

Yumm! yumm!

I will reiterate a post from some time back.

Early one morning in summer a group of pioneers was starting out very early in very rural territory. Low and behold a very big rattlesnake was sunning itself in the road. We stopped to look and tease it a little to make it rattle. I told Bob* rattlesnakes are supposed to be good eating. Bob asked his wife "Bonnie do we have a knife in the car?" She answered by bringing out a short, rather dull paring knife. Bonnie used a rubbery peice of sage brush to hold the snakes head down and I cut off its head, We had rattlesnake for dinner, cooked like chicken so it tasted like chicken. Not much meat on a snake but this one was six foot long so there was enough to go around.

The story of the rattlesnake pioneer dinner is still told around Central Oregon.

*Bob Hendricks became a district overseer, he and Bonnie served faithfully for many years and they retired out to an apartment in southern California.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We have some places around here that serve snake and/or gator - I've personally never cared for either ... though I have had some turtle that was pretty good.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 2/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, ChrisC said:

Our bins got mixed up with our neighbours’ today so I have ordered a 6 for each of them. So that will look nice!

63F99BC7-44E6-4442-A1FF-1874F456D08C.thumb.jpeg.afa19a10ebff7f5a4e9795511d2d01ea.jpeg

These should keep those pesky visitors away. 😆 

CCC78A21-4732-4322-AAA5-BF65A04D1445.thumb.jpeg.8d49e4d9a33e01199ca74ead34bb400b.jpeg

Edited by ChrisC

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Screenshot_20220307-131943_Messages.thumb.jpg.04bf8fd4072fadc453f7c2f6991d5845.jpg

I don't know where this photo came from but there is a man here that does the same thing. Cycle, log trucks, dump trucks etc. Beautiful work that he used to show at events. Wish I'd taken pictures.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34