JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Picture of new sign

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3810 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

These were just placed on one of our buildings (not sure which one)
Amazing the many ways that Jehovah is "speeding it up" in his own time!  (Isa.60:22)

These brothers just amaze me with their desire to praise Jehovah God...I just love them!

Edited by Musky

fixed quote area

That explains why the website accent colour has changed today.

I like that. Royal purple.

And besides, it kinda matches our color scheme over here now :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Funny, How that picture Chuck put up of the JW.Org Banner on the side of a large city building made me smile and giggle.  

Think how many will get great Bible advise for their walk in life when they use JW.Org.

It's official - I just answered my own question - The DOT has been moved!   ---   up to this point all of our literature has the DOT after JW.   ~ Starting with the 2014 Awake cover and all 2014 literature, and this sign, the DOT has now been placed before .ORG

I have just noticed that it was "between" the "jw" and the "org" like any, normal website address. jw.org so it is "before the org and after the jw" What was/is different?

Edited by Musky

Typo

I have just noticed that it was "between" the "jw" and the "org" like any, normal website address. jw.org so it is "before the org and after the jw" What was/is different?

Starting with the 2014 Awake,  and this sign, the DOT has now been relocated to the second line of text - now it reads .ORG - previously the DOT was on the first line of text, it read JW.  ~ minor adjustment, but it reads smoother   ...   just like our revised 2013 NWT

I see what you mean. I guess using the Internet as long as I have been, my brain just automatically reads it as "jw.org" no matter which line the dot was on. :)

ditto. Been online since fall of 96 and still type with 1 or 2 fingers. My brain still goes along at breakneck speed, however it is now firing on only 1.5 :scooter:  cylenders  Of all the things I miss, I miss my mind the most.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

It goes with the way the "expression" is used. Remember when there was a rash of upstart "dot-coms"? No one said they were "Whatever-dot" businesses, they were all called "dot-coms".

The same is true of the other domain extensions that are used.

It is

.com

.info

.net

and, yes

.org

So, while they were correcting other things, they also corrected this.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~