JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sister Rachel Pytlak has fallen asleep in death :(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3737 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Rachel Pylak, a sister from her kingdom hall just called me and said she passed away today.   I just had lunch with this dear sister last month.  She was very ill, and was taking care of her mother who is bed ridden herself and has dementia.  I am in total shock. This is the 3 rd death today about our brothers/sisters.   And am still dealing with the loss of a parent 2 weeks ago.  Total shock, and so was the sister who called me.  She was at her meeting Wednesday night.  You just never know if your going to be here or not.  Am very sadden by this. 

I also just got another phone call from the same sister, and she told me Rachel went in her sleep.  She had a fatal heart attack.  That was today, she was found by one of the nurses from Hospice, who was taking care of her mother.   My beloved sister, my friend

Edited by allabord4jah

Rachel Pylak, a sister from her kingdom hall just called me and said she passed away today.   I just had lunch with this dear sister last month.  She was very ill, and was taking care of her mother who is bed ridden herself and has dementia.  I am in total shock. This is the 3 rd death today about our brothers/sisters.   And am still dealing with the loss of a parent 2 weeks ago.  Total shock, and so was the sister who called me.  She was at her meeting Wednesday night.  You just never know if your going to be here or not.  Am very sadden by this. 

I also just got another phone call from the same sister, and she told me Rachel went in her sleep.  She had a fatal heart attack.  That was today, she was found by one of the nurses from Hospice, who was taking care of her mother.   My beloved sister, my friend

I'm so very sorry, Lisa.  Deaths in the congregation (at least around here) seem to be going up, and half have nothing to do with age.  Yesterday we had a memorial service for an elder in our congregation, a real spiritual bulwark, who left behind a wife and two boys aged 14 and 18.  This is the 6th funeral I have attended in the last 2 years between the 3 congregations that meet at our hall.  I pray for you and for everyone here who has lost a loved one.  Let us not forget that they are safe in Jehovah's memory, and remember that with every day that passes, we are one day closer to seeing them.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I'm so very sorry, Lisa.  Deaths in the congregation (at least around here) seem to be going up, and half have nothing to do with age.  Yesterday we had a memorial service for an elder in our congregation, a real spiritual bulwark, who left behind a wife and two boys aged 14 and 18.  This is the 6th funeral I have attended in the last 2 years between the 3 congregations that meet at our hall.  I pray for you and for everyone here who has lost a loved one.  Let us not forget that they are safe in Jehovah's memory, and remember that with every day that passes, we are one day closer to seeing them.

That is the only thing that makes me smile in this evil system, that our loved ones whether family or friends are safe in Jehovah's memory, and I love that scripture in JOB, that he has a YEARNING to bring the dead back to life, those he knows who merit it.   In just the last 24 hours I received  reports of dear ones who have fell asleep in death.  One last night, about an elder that I knew in the Sanford Congregation, Fl - knick name Pepe, passed away, he was very ill.  Then I got a call this morning from Madison,NY and another sister was dying and is by now gone, she was 99 years old, fell and broke her hip, they operated on her, and she just went down hill by the morning when I got the call and now this evening, our beloved Forum sister - Rachel, who passed in her sleep.  Your right Jules, I think of the end of this system every day, and one day closer day by day.   There's a lot of us in here that are doing that lately, going to viewings and memorial talks.   The only time we'll ever have an eternal break from death, is when the Kingdom takes over!  

Lisa, heart felt sympathy. It's us, the ones who knew them and loved them. That's where the hurt is. Rachel? She is taking a nap. Resting, in the safest place in the universe. In Jehovah's memory, with Jesus just waiting, ready for the resurrection to begin. Until then, we live in that marvelous hope.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

This is the 3rd JWTalk member I am aware to have passed away. How sad.

Should we move this topic to where it will get more visibility? Edit her profile or update her status so people can leave comments?

What do you all think?

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

This is so sad :( yes I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of topic for not only Rachel but for other members who have passed, and her profile should be adjusted.

How about her family Lisa, how are they ??

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Should we move this topic to where it will get more visibility? Edit her profile or update her status so people can leave comments?

What do you all think?

That sounds nice.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This is so sad :( yes I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of topic for not only Rachel but for other members who have passed, and her profile should be adjusted.

How about her family Lisa, how are they ??

I don't know the answer to that question, not sure if she was a spiritual orphan or not.  The sister who told me she died, said her family knows, but what family am not sure of.  I have to wait for more details when the sister in her hall calls me. 

I would like that. To make it public. I have given this thought. I am living on borrowed time in this system. I don't want to just not be here one day. If I die I want the forum to know, and I want them to know how much they have meant to me. Have not figured out that one yet.

Given preferences, however, I want to get though the GT, cooperate with post Armageddon directions, and, one day, in the far future, start a journey, and eventually give each and every one of you a big hug!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

That just makes me so sad ....... How true Jehovahs words are at James 4:14 " for you are a mist that appears for a little while and then disappears ." Life is so unpredictable in this system . Despite her struggles she was a trooper and will be missed on the forum. May Jehovah comfort her family .

It is so sad to hear of our dear brothers or sisters passing. I have had five members of my family pass away in the last 4 yrs. first my mom, then 4 of her siblings. two of them barely in their sixtys. Then my loving husband  10 months ago. I can't wait until this all ends.

But then again not too soon,I have grown children that I  pray about daily to come into the truth.

Rachel was such a hard working daughter, devoted to looking after her mum. Although it was a struggle she still managed to keep positive. http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/2965-caregivers-coping-corner-heart/?hl=caregiver

Thankfully the next thing she will see is happy faces surrounded by streaming rivers, a beautiful landscape, wild/tame animals with no war, suffering of any kind and everyone worshiping our God Jehovah and giving praise to our king Jesus. She has made it, so lets make it too so we can see her again. :grouphug:

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I have read so many of her wonderful comments here. This is so sad. I am so glad we all have each other here who knew her from Jwtalk and those who knew her personally. I didn't even know she was sick. I wish I would of sent her a message or something. 

She is resting now from all her anxieties and her body being in constant pain, when she awakes she will feel better than she ever knew since she had to deal with this all her life. Rest Dear Sister Rachel, Rest. We will see you soon and we will hug you and tell you how much your comments meant to us at the time of the end. 

Thanks to the rest of you all for letting us know. 

What do you all think?

I always enjoyed Rachel's comments...she seemed to have such a nice disposition...I really felt a sisterly connection towards when I would see her JWTalk photo...it would have been great to meet her in person...now this will have to wait.  I hope that we can meet up in Jehovah's paradise...where we won't have anymore circumstances that will cause us hurt, pain and emotional turmoil.

I found out that she has one nephew who is in the truth.   I was also told that Rachel's memorial will be held this Saturday at her Kingdom Hall at 2pm.  The hall is called Graceland Park Congregation, Baltimore, Maryland.   I was privileged to have lunch with Rachel in December.  She was very sweet and funny.  We both prior to her passing were planning on traveling together after the passing of our parents.   I went into a shock when I got the phone all that Monday, that Rachel had died in her sleep.