JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - February 2015

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3350 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We watched the program today. Something both my wife and me noticed is that brother Herd looks quite nervous, especially during the first minutes. His hands and his voice tremble a bit, and at soem points he seems to lose his train of thought for some instants. I loved that! If a brother with the experience, ability and fluency of brother Herd becomes nervous when speaking to an audience, then it's just natural that I feel the same! :) I may not be that hopeless after all. B)

The Navajo brothers being unable to hold back their tears because Jehovah was talking to them in their native language for the first time was absolutely moving for us. We see that often in our own congregation.

We watched the program today. Something both my wife and me noticed is that brother Herd looks quite nervous, especially during the first minutes. His hands and his voice tremble a bit, and at soem points he seems to lose his train of thought for some instants. I loved that! If a brother with the experience, ability and fluency of brother Herd becomes nervous when speaking to an audience, then it's just natural that I feel the same! :) I may not be that hopeless after all. B)

The Navajo brothers being unable to hold back their tears because Jehovah was talking to them in their native language for the first time was absolutely moving for us. We see that often in our own congregation.

Bro Carlos,

I doubt if it is nervousness, i have observed of late that old age is catching up with our dear brother these days. He has face a number of big audiences, he has passed that phase of being overly nervous.

I seriously feel it is to do with years getting the better of him.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

I doubt if it is nervousness, i have observed of late that old age is catching up with our dear brother these days. He has face a number of big audiences, he has passed that phase of being overly nervous.

You can be right, but I want to think it's nervousness! :lol:

Bro Carlos,

I didn't thought it was nervousness either ;)

anyway I love how the brothers don't try to edit the errors they say... Or just shows how they are just like us ;)

I thought that, not nervousness, but perhaps he is new to using a "tele-prompter" and he is still getting used to it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I appreciate you brothers posting links but would love to be able to work out how to download it myself. Not very tech savvy I'm afraid.

Any easy instructions? :D

If you have an apple tablet or phone then the ability is now in JW Library.

For PC:

To get the download links from tv.jw.org, you can either use Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE):

Use the chrome browser. Add the FVD Downloader extension.

(Make its the Chrome extension. Not an app)

When a video is played, the blue downloader icon on the top right will turn on.

Click on it to control the download.

Using IE:

F12 to open the developer tools window.

Ctrl-4 or click on the network icon on the left.

F5 or click on the on the top left green icon to enable network capturing

When you switch to a different file, the filename will be captured.

You then right click on the filename and copy the video URL.

If you have an apple tablet or phone then the ability is now in JW Library.

For PC:

To get the download links from tv.jw.org, you can either use Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE):

Use the chrome browser. Add the FVD Downloader extension.

(Make its the Chrome extension. Not an app)

When a video is played, the blue downloader icon on the top right will turn on.

Click on it to control the download.

Using IE:

F12 to open the developer tools window.

Ctrl-4 or click on the network icon on the left.

F5 or click on the on the top left green icon to enable network capturing

When you switch to a different file, the filename will be captured.

You then right click on the filename and copy the video URL.

Wow,, this is great.. Thank you for sharing this is also helpful to me..:)

I had the roku set up and ready to go....My sister who is opposed was here with me experimenting with making tamales. After a little while I turned on the T.V and she said OMG! Your people have their on T.V show now???!!! She watched for awhile and I could tell she was impressed...hehehehe!

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

New Feb. 16, 2015

Finding Venues for Our Conventions

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_E_201502_5_VIDEO

Morning Worship:

Geoffrey Jackson: Counsel That Benefits Us (Ps. 73:24)

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbmw_E_201502_4_VIDEO

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

It was real good these latest 2 videos. I got counseled and encouraged at the same time! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Enjoyed it - especially the illustration about "woman-speak":  "Honey, do you think we should turn right here?"..

But seriously I do appreciate the point Brother Jackson made about it sometimes taking time for the penny to drop.  I not too long ago had that experience;  something I had done YEARS before fairly serious in nature (I'm too ashamed to say what it was) never crossed my mind as being bad.  I had all the information but it was like the facts were spread out and never assembled for me personally.  Then, I think it was something said from the platform at the meeting and *POW* I got the point.  I can't even remember what was said, it most certainly wasn't anything i hadn't heard a thousand times before, but the moment was right and Jehovah kind of pushed me to see.  

I was devasted but so grateful I understood properly.  Very "strange" experience but it helped me appreciate Jehovah's patience. 

Edited by sunshine

what a witness given in 'Convention Venues' video  :thumbsup:

some of their comments about our brothers...

"above & beyond our expectations"
  "no hollow promises"
  "capable and competant"
 "deliver on what they say they're going to do"
  "nobody drunk, spilling food. they're sitting, listening & learning."
  "best behavior we have ever seen at this stadium"
  "Jehovah's Witnesses left this city better than you found it."

awesome :yes:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Can anyone please help on understanding what the brother from an Indian Reservation says from min 46:50 to 48 approx.? I couldn't understand half or more of what he says... I even searched for all the Indian reservations of Oregon state and couldn't find any that matched the words I was hearing ;)

thanks

for you brother Joao... hope this helps :)

after "it destroyed my family" 
he says "and in time i grew very prejudice
against all organized religion,
  Jehovah's Witnesses included.
  i was adopted by the film and entertainment industry
 as a teenager.
 i was saying to myself with each movie or billboard,
 that if i could just get this next one
i would be satisfied.
and that's when i became an alcoholic.

later on at a prayer ceremony with a medicine man,
 he said 'Jehovah'.
i approached him about it afterwards.
quite indignantly, and said 'yeah but you don't believe in the bible.
it's got nothing to offer.'
he said 'well, how do you know? have you read it?'

my brother invited me to a bible study,
and before i went in i said a prayer
and was in tears-asking that i not judge these people.
because at this point i believed the united nations would solve mankinds problems.
incidentally the meeting that night was based in 1 Co 11:14
which points out that satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

in that 1 hour, deeply entrenched things were overturned.
so for the 1st time in 15 yrs i decided to attend a convention.
and it was actually my former tribal chief that became a witness
that gave me a ride.

one of my biggest concerns is that i would have to give up my culture to serve Jehovah.
and he helped me see that i didn't have to."

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16