JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My DVD Player can't show the movie

I bought a limited DVD Collection from US, and today when I put it into my Samsung DVD player, it can't come up with the movie. A box was occured said that I couldn't play dvd from other countries because of different code. What?? What does it mean? I thought DVD from any countries should be played. I have spent 50 USD for it, and I cannot see my movies? Any idea about code that was said by the DVD player... I will try to play it later in my sis' laptop. Hope it can work!

Edited by ivy

:bouncing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Basically, each DVD player has a region code based on the location of origin, and each DVD has the same. If the two do not match, the DVD cannot be played.

It is possible to "unlock" some DVD players, though this is not always possible. If you post your DVD player brand and model there might be instructions on how to do this, otherwise you may need to buy a US and/or "region-free" DVD player.

The model number should be on a tag either on the back of the player or maybe the bottom? The site I posted the link to above mentions a Samsung and how easy it was to unlock it. But, be sure you try the procedure for your particular model number. 

Once you set it to region 9, it should be a permanent setting now, so no need to enter it every time. 

You posted that it worked at the same time I posted the link to the procedure, where did you find the instructions? 

Edited by Musky

Here is a link to the unlock instructions for that model number, just take it one step at a time:

Indonesia is region 3, so the code in step 9. should be adjusted to "56732".

Yeah! It is worked now! I love you all, especially Smart Chuck! Thank you for the info. Last question, do I have to do this everytime I want to play other region code DVD or just to do it the first time?

If the DVDs are working now, then the player should remain unlocked indefinitely.

There's another link on teaching how in the link you provided... I am watching now! Thanks! Home alone while family is going out for celebrating Chinese New Year... Watching movies must be good idea! Wanna join all? :lol:

girly movies ? ha ha ha ...  :surrender:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)