JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I love this forum! Congratulate yourselves!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3312 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

John, isn't it lovely to be part of a real brotherhood from all over the world?  This is one of the nicest things about the internet, the ability to have spiritual friends from every place on earth, all with good stuff to share and cheer.  I have to agree with you - this is a nice, comfy, safe place.

It's a very small world in the truth! Being on this site has introduced me to a few from various parts of the globe. I've even written PMs to a few random brothers and sisters I've "met" in the forums, and carried on some interesting conversations with them (in private of course; that's what a PM is). I even met one sister here (who shall remain nameless, since I don't have her permission to mention her name), and she knows some brothers and sisters whom I know, even though they are in different cities! A few years ago, she spent some time in a congregation that I had been part of almost 20 years before!

Who am I going to "meet" next time?

I don't know if this is being do correctly but I too love this site. When I awake in the mornings I pray, read my text, check jw broadcast and then come here. It has helped me to explain many things and have taught me how to study better. When I read about all my brothers in different parts of the world I know I am a part of a real brotherhood. Thanks for allowing me to be here.

I don't know if this is being do correctly but I too love this site. When I awake in the mornings I pray, read my text, check jw broadcast and then come here. It has helped me to explain many things and have taught me how to study better. When I read about all my brothers in different parts of the world I know I am a part of a real brotherhood. Thanks for allowing me to be here.

Be sure in a very short time you'll come here at first and only then read your text, magazines, check jw broadcast, jw org....

through this site...  :yes:   :laugh:  

"Absolute rubbish”

If y'all choose to check, you will see that I actually have no life, lol, because I'm on this site so mant times. For one, it's my way to relax from service. Even though I spend most of my days in service (and appts), there's still time with wordly people...watching them, hearing their music while out, always having your guard up while on the train, etc, etc. It's draining.

So by the time I get home I'm exhausted,though spiritually uplifted from talking about Jehovah yes (when you can), but exhausted physically and sometimes mentally. So I sit and log on here. Totally refreshing!!

Edited by Luezette

Hey John

this is a great place isn't it. I really hope you don't spend too much time here when you're at work, though. 152 postings in such a short timespan makes me think you may be bending your neck a little too much staring into that mobile device :lol:

Then again, I wish I could check jwtalk during work every now and then. I just worry I'll be caught and leave a bad reputation on us Witnesses. To be honest, I probably wouldn't manage to do any work if I did go online.

I do miss the times when I was unemployed a little and could dig up all those wonderful pearls among the threads thought by some to be dead.... HAHA

John, you are most welcome...

I may not contribute much here, but I do see that your standard of writing is high, your thought processes display logic and you love Jehovah's organisation.

Keep it up!

And if you're lucky I'll get you to pay a visit to an acquaintance of mine in Belen.

Edited by RaymondG

this is a great place isn't it. I really hope you don't spend too much time here when you're at work, though. 152 postings in such a short timespan makes me think you may be bending your neck a little too much staring into that mobile device :lol:

Look the pot calling the kettle black! :raspberry::lol:

Ruben, I think you have the record of posts in one day, after Shali of course. :lol:

I came to JWtalk after Bob poached me off facebook.  I sometimes wonder if Jehovah's spirit moved him to do that, as I was in desperate need of good association at the time.

While we don't see him too much on the boards any more (or at least not on the posts I'm posting on) I loved that he retained a balanced, yet humorous view of himself as a witness and the fact that this site here has the same sort of feel to it.

We try not to take ourselves too seriously, we try not to impute wrong motives, and we have some interesting topics that come up which help to refine our thoughts in good ways.

Myself, I still laugh about one topic where they were discussing dress and grooming and the topic of cleavage.  I was absolutely offended and I was thinking those pervert brothers can doggone look away.  

Not very loving thinking and immature as well spiritually speaking lol!  

Yet sister Nancy spoke about how her son often handled the mics and it made him uncomfortable.  Well that comment was just a game changer for me.  I hadn't even considered what it might be like for a young fella.  

Now I wasn't a cleavage displayer, but I also recall who it was that said one sister had said --- no cleaves, no knees and nothing shrink wrapped (Vernalee maybe that was you?) and that phrase has stuck with me and helped me to make better choices regarding my attire.

I have been thinking that when I die, I am going to pass my account information on to my daughter so that she can visit and read all the posts I have made concerning her and our family, so she has a living record of all my words and how often I thought of each of them, and how much I prayed they would take a firm stand for Jehovah.  I know this is kind of a morbid thought, but some of the most cherished memories I have of my own mother are letters I've rediscovered of hers and to have that makes me smile immensely.

You seem to be a great addition too, I love that you enjoy writing and having spoken with you on the topic of your David and Goliath story, I was motivated to write some more on my novel Nebulae Sky.   

:D

Welcome to the nut house!

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)