JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

37 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I have a very, very low tolerance for that sort of vulgarity.

I’d need to find a gallon of soap to wash his filthy mouth out. 😡😡😡

Yep, I agree, low tolerance.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

After checking 7 smoke alarms, 2 CO detectors, and 2 personal alarms, we found out it was the wheelchair that was beeping to indicate dead batteries.

I didn’t even know it could do that and I’ve been fiddling with them for 14 years.

Reminds me of something funny from about 10 years ago. Emma was shopping in the town in her electric wheelchair and every time she went through store doorways their alarm would go off. I had raised up her wheelchair cushion by putting bought library books underneath and neglected to remove the security tags!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I can't stand okra and chittlings, though I never really ate them.

I mean, my stepmother used to cook okra, and I managed to swallow the stuff down to avoid that "look" from her.

And chittlings? Ain't no way I'm putting you-know-what in my mouth, no matter how many times it was cleaned. I just can't. 

I hate some of the effects of gravity.

My shoulders and chest have settled around my waist, my butt is smaller and my ankles are bigger. I'd loosen my belt but I'm afraid my waist would end up in my thighs.

I plan to walk on my hands every day and see if everything goes back where it belongs :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

My shoulders and chest have settled around my waist, my butt is smaller and my ankles are bigger. I'd loosen my belt but I'm afraid my waist would end up in my thighs.

I plan to walk on my hands every day and see if everything goes back where it belongs :lol1:

Not a pretty picture..:S:)

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 hours ago, Dove said:

Not a pretty picture..:S:)

Exactly! :eek:,

either there was too much description or I have an acute imagination, either way now I have to go through the rest of my day thinking about that!:laugh:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Exactly! :eek:,

either there was too much description or I have an acute imagination, either way now I have to go through the rest of my day thinking about that!:laugh:

Well, I was only kidding, because I don't think he really was describing himself. I took it that he was only (I hope) kidding too..:unsure: Maybe he'll let us know someday..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

'Bleeping' parrot sparks Daventry emergency call-out

(Bleeping like a smoke alarm, not cursing.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-46226696

I guess he must burn toast frequently.

Ours would copy the beeps from the on-the-hour time signal that Radio 4 broadcast. We also had a brother come to install a new sliding door. By the afternoon Tufty was perfectly mimicking his electric drill.

We are right by some fields and (relatively) lots of trees. Tufty would make owl noises whenever we opened the back door at night.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If we are in space, everything will be relieved of gravitational pressure and we might look pretty much like we did years ago. Maybe if we had a space station to visit for some quick spine lengthening, we could go in for occassional touch-ups.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I think my cat is from New England.

I think she's from Barfin, Whereyousits.

Mine was from just down the road from there, Barfin, Whereyousteps.

^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 10/28/2018 at 6:55 PM, TonyWenz said:

Or move to the tropics like us.... no daylight savings time here. We only remember about it when we ring someone down south, and we wake them.

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

We don't have it in Arizona either...

8 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Have you lost or choose not to reuse dosage cap/cup from cough or bismuth meds? One (empty) Keurig cup filled to about a 1/4 inch from top = 30 ml. (typical dose for those otcs)  

All of my Kcups have a hole in them...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Meanwhile, in snooker news:

Ronnie O’Sullivan made a maximum 147 break at our local K2 sports centre.

He said the venue “smelled like urine”.

#soProud

(I’m wondering if it was the adhesive for new flooring or something.)

14 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Meanwhile, in snooker news:

Ronnie O’Sullivan made a maximum 147 break at our local K2 sports centre.

He said the venue “smelled like urine”.

#soProud

(I’m wondering if it was the adhesive for new flooring or something.)

A brother tried to teach me how to play snooker and three cushion billiards. It was a lot of fun...

322343880_ChuckandRichardatbilliardtable.thumb.JPG.d219c96e6949419f6f2f94fd009a4384.JPG

Edited by Tortuga

I joined a snooker club and played on a full-size 12’ table for a while, but at 5’ 4” tall I needed the rest for just about every shot!

Edited by ChrisC

I have never had a problem cleaning the dose cup out that comes with NyQuil (or the generic equivalent) - but then, I use very hot water

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~