JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I remember when ...

Do you remember whether it was the one train all the way?

As an aside, that's a pretty impressive locomotive... I don't mind those things at all, I saw this one at the Ford Museum when I went to the Detroit Convention last year:

AT 605 tons it's almost twice as heavy as the Challenger, but there wasn't nearly so many of them built.

And do you remember how long the journey took and what stops there were?

Do you remember whether it was the one train all the way?

As an aside, that's a pretty impressive locomotive... I don't mind those things at all, I saw this one at the Ford Museum when I went to the Detroit Convention last year:

attachicon.gif0506alleghenyloco.jpg

AT 605 tons it's almost twice as heavy as the Challenger, but there wasn't nearly so many of them built.

And do you remember how long the journey took and what stops there were?

Three days, Oakland CA to Cleveland, I believe.

Train might have used a Mallet to get across the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Had to change railroads in Chicago.

Ours was an economy run. I remember being passed buy a nice looking orange train, maybe the Daylight Limited, a diesel electric ? Some of the cars had WTs taped to the widows and every one was waving.

I remember sitting for hours on sidings while more important train went past. A lot of military transport.

The Society had two passenger cars for Witnesses only on our train.

I remember being stopped in Ogden UT for some time, Mom left us on the train and got off to get food. Train started to pull out and she was nowhere in sight, turned out she had boarded a car way down the line and was making her way to our car while we were on the roll. Scared us to death.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Long pants.

See attached picture. This was taken just outside the stadium with a new release. I thought it was the green "Let God be True"  but the cover doesn't look right.

Front row left to right: my sister Lyn Lytle, cousin Charles Maxwell, Me  looking over my shoulder.

Back row left to right" My Mother Maryjean Lytle, my Aunt June Maxwell, my Grandmother Betty Shilton organist for WBBR, Uncle Chuck Maxwell.

attachicon.gifCleveland 46 resize.jpg

Jerry, that one brought tears!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I remember taking the train to New York so we could visit Bethel. We had to go to the train depot in Jacksonville to board the train. My daughter and I rode the train for several hours - we brought food with us to eat during the trip. Had to get off the train in Newark, New Jersey and we later took alternate travel in to NYC

We had a good time.  Ahhh! The memories :thumbsup:

BTW .... that was in 2012

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

BTW .... that was in 2012

I hope the next three years go by as quickly as the last three years...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think my grandfather or my great uncle use to run this at the age of 13 or 14 years old. Then he switch to diesel engine without taking exam for it.

I had one like that when I was 10 but it was much much smaller...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

LOL. And it took my grandpa a couple of days to learn how to drive this one and no time to drive diesel one. I think he was born to drive trains. It was a gift from God.

He started training while he was young...