JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone up for Miscellaneous fun stuff to talk about?

Let's talk about muffins now. My wife baked some with little marshmallows and put the marshmallows in the dough mix. Now the marshmallows have disappeared and the muffins taste funny. I think she should have waited until the muffins had been baked just fluffy enough to be garnished with the marshmallows and put them on top and back in the oven for another minute or two.

I really wish she'd let me try my hand at baking but she always insists it's her job.

Oh brother, I almost swallowed my cold eeze drop, (like a cough lozenge, but full of zinc) over that one. Thank you for my starting my day with a laugh. I'm torn over kitchen privledges. My husband claims 50 % of mine. I am not a happy camper. (Cooker?) but, as it is not a spiritual issue....he has his say.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Okay, my young sister, first of all, it is so good to see you here. You have opened the gate. We are loose, with no real thread subject. i am interested. When I was young, albiet in the world and many years ago, I loved music. It was Everly Brothers, even Elvis, etc., with old time western music thrown in. A different day and age.

What do young people do today for music. I am sort of alienated from todays music and what young people listen to. I am interested. I am one of those who plug in the iPod, and can move about, happy with music, getting away from any negative thing that may be going on. And, if I am not careful, I find myself dancing away. With my husband fully not understanding. at all.

What I have noticed is the huge difference in the quality, how it sounds in the head phones. Oh, and I learned when you get that new iPhone, and love how it sounds, do not listen to Pandora on it. That is data!

So, you see I can ramble with the best of 'em. Again, welcome, dear, precious young sister!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Let's talk about muffins now. My wife baked some with little marshmallows and put the marshmallows in the dough mix. Now the marshmallows have disappeared and the muffins taste funny. I think she should have waited until the muffins had been baked just fluffy enough to be garnished with the marshmallows and put them on top and back in the oven for another minute or two.

I really wish she'd let me try my hand at baking but she always insists it's her job.

The fluffier the marshmallow the easier it dissolves ... thinking about the makeup of marshmallows they are mainly sugar and when exposed to heat they will just dissolve into its surrounding in this case your muffins. Now you can get really 'tight' marshmallows they use them for hot chocolate and they put these into biscuits ... they are usually multi coloured and really small.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

You will have to excuse our dear Mindi. She just had 3 cups of chamomile tea, and wasn't herself.

Aaah now it all makes sense, I have a split personality and it's MINDI who is the quiet one not Mandi. Gotcha.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Aaah now it all makes sense, I have a split personality and it's MINDI who is the quiet one not Mandi. Gotcha.

When I shave my mustache off I change my name to Ricky... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What did Jehovah do before the creation of his only begotten son?

Pauline, I don't think some understand the question... nothing existed as yet... so, I answered: "Answer: Meditated on what he was going to do!"

However, I forgot to include the concept of chocolate!

Edited by jpcook

Next time she wants to bake with marshmallows, have her use the big ones - push one in the middle of each muffin (while it's still batter) and make sure some batter goes over it - then bake.  When they come out they should have a nice gooey marshmallow center!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Next time she wants to bake with marshmallows, have her use the big ones - push one in the middle of each muffin (while it's still batter) and make sure some batter goes over it - then bake.  When they come out they should have a nice gooey marshmallow center!

Forget the marshmallows, use M&Ms.... :thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yeah enough with the sugary food ... lol ... we have a new sister amongst us - would love to get to know her more than I would marshmallows.

Sister Sarah, (take note of this weeks book study - Sarah means princess) tell us more about yourself my dear, what are your goals for your future? Finishing with school is an end of a chapter and a whole new life opening up before you.

Have you ever thought of pioneering, once you are baptised of course, or what line of work are you looking at?

There is such a variety of bros and sisters on here, and if you want to set pioneering as a goal you will get SOOOOOO much encouragement here.

Regular is the batter is vanilla, and nut ones if the batter has cocoa in it. (I reckon). 

Jaffa flavoured would be my favourite - (choc and orange) we have jaffa sweets here like M&M's but more chocolate and covered in orange flavoured candy - now those would work beautifully.

Just tell her how you feel and instead of asking her if you can make something, how about you bake her something? That would be adorable :) and maybe...show her up in the baking department ^_^

Yeah enough with the sugary food ... lol ... we have a new sister amongst us - would love to get to know her more than I would marshmallows.

Sister Sarah, (take note of this weeks book study - Sarah means princess) tell us more about yourself my dear, what are your goals for your future? Finishing with school is an end of a chapter and a whole new life opening up before you.

Have you ever thought of pioneering, once you are baptised of course, or what line of work are you looking at?

There is such a variety of bros and sisters on here, and if you want to set pioneering as a goal you will get SOOOOOO much encouragement here.

Well honestly sister, I feel like I have always been isolated. It can be a bit depressing. My parents happen to be very strict. I have come to believe maybe it's just part of our culture (hispanic) plus being jw's makes things a little tougher on me so I've thought. Not in a bad way, just in the sense that again, I have always felt isolated and sheltered. That has turned me into an introvert. So with that being said I don't know what the future holds honestly. I'm going through some things right now and hopefully this forum will be a good outlet for me :)

Oh by the way I'd much rather talk about marshmallows  and sweets than myself lol

Okay, my young sister, first of all, it is so good to see you here. You have opened the gate. We are loose, with no real thread subject. i am interested. When I was young, albiet in the world and many years ago, I loved music. It was Everly Brothers, even Elvis, etc., with old time western music thrown in. A different day and age.

What do young people do today for music. I am sort of alienated from todays music and what young people listen to. I am interested. I am one of those who plug in the iPod, and can move about, happy with music, getting away from any negative thing that may be going on. And, if I am not careful, I find myself dancing away. With my husband fully not understanding. at all.

What I have noticed is the huge difference in the quality, how it sounds in the head phones. Oh, and I learned when you get that new iPhone, and love how it sounds, do not listen to Pandora on it. That is data!

So, you see I can ramble with the best of 'em. Again, welcome, dear, precious young sister!

I honestly love old music as well. Not so much new stuff on the radio

I live for hot tea lol. Chamomile is actually the most calming mild tea of them all

I happen to be drinking a cup of Celestial Seasons - True Blueberry right now... :tea:

I live for hot tea lol. Chamomile is actually the most calming mild tea of them all

Indeed ... Chamomile is also used to relieve colic in babies - it has a low toxicity level. Lovely plant this.

Hope you weren't offended that I asked a little about yourself, it's just lovely getting to know brothers and sisters around the world, especially their spiritual heritage and goals.

Indeed ... Chamomile is also used to relieve colic in babies - it has a low toxicity level. Lovely plant this.

Hope you weren't offended that I asked a little about yourself, it's just lovely getting to know brothers and sisters around the world, especially their spiritual heritage and goals.

Of course I am not offended. That is why we are all here to talk. :) Thank you sister

wow I had no idea lol. I always thought that was the creation of some tribe turning coco beans into chocolate

And ... who created that Tribe Hmmm? lol. ('twas said 'cause Dusty - Dustparticle - loves chocolate).