JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Solar Panels suck up all Solar energy?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2896 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

US town rejects solar panels amid fears they 'suck up all the energy from the sun'

Samuel Osborne - The Independent - December 14, 2015

A US town has rejected a proposal for a solar farm following public concerns.

Members of the public in Woodland, North Carolina, expressed their fear and mistrust at the proposal to allow Strata Solar Company to build a solar farm off Highway 258.

Found on News app in windows 10.  Here is link http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-up-all-the-energy-from-the-sun-a6771526.html

Note to mods. I am unable to paste using paste feature, using Firefox in Win 10 64 bit.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I saw that news item on another site. Amazing.

The retired science teacher(?) was concerned about photosynthesis issues. I personally can confirm that.

I have seen, myself, that plants and grass that are planted directly under photo voltaic systems positively do not get enough direct sunlight and they will brown out...Occlusion is a thing, beware!

Well...I think they should be concerned!

Everyone knows that sunlight is attracted to solar panels and the area around the panels will experienced localized temperature variations as the energy source changes position.

I think it's called "shade"

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Are we taking this subject seriously? If grass can't grow near a group of solar panels then put pea gravel or something like it around them.

The medium that absorbs most of the solar energy is the world's oceans then probably vegetation after that.

Cancer.. I have no clue.

That will be something else if solar panels are detrimental to the Earth's ecosystem. I'll be shocked. It won't be the first time for that lol. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

There is a company that will put them on your roof for free here in Ontario. You get to use the juice and what ever is left gets sold to the utility. It doubles the life of your roof because it absorbs the heat from the sun. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

If solar panels "suck up" all the energy from the sun, then I wonder how this solar system could survive so long with all those plants growing all over this planet.

Anyhows, there are no extraordinary health or environment issues connected to solar energy to the best of my knowledge, just the usual electro-smog that you will get with any electrical devices. But there is one serious environmental issue connected pertaining to the resources required to build the panels, a considerable amount of waste and chemicals are also created. 

It would probably be possible to create an organic photovoltaics system like a reverse O-LED but I don't know if they're working on this type of thing or how far they are.

I dont have grass on my roof so I dont think it would matter to the grass at all.

A lot of people don't have grass on the roof anymore, it's an age thing...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My son builds and installs solar panels. It is a very lucrative business.

He has lots of grass.

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Hold it there partner. Isn't Warwick to have Green Roofs?

Yup. However Greg apparently doesn't. ..

• 4 months later...

One of our neighbours has solar panels on his roof. I'm staying indoors behind closed curtains for safety.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13