JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2922 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I,m not sure this is a good thing, as it could mean 7.5 % more brothers now cannot report directly, not that there are more brothers in these lands.

Hmm...idk, it still says "30 other lands" last year and this year which means (I'm assuming) still all the same countries. I'll compare the lists of this and last year to see if they're the same countries not on the list. Part of the increase may be needgreaters that have been going to these other countries that can't freely report it as well.

Some analysis on memorial attendance this year....

When looking at 33 countries that have the highest memorial numbers over the last 7 years 13 reached a new high this past year...

6 had their lowest attendance over the past 7 years..(Italy,Japan,Korea,Poland,Spain,Ukraine)

United States with the highest memorial attendance had its peak back in 2011 with 2,563,518.

Well I finished reading the new yearbòk this morning, in record time as I read very fast. Feeling rather proud of myself,I then went to the meeting. I noted that the watchtower said we should read it in small portions and meditate on it. Ah well, I guess iI will start again.

:D

I liked that point in the WT, it's something I need to work on. One sister answered that when we consider the yearbook as a congregation we spend 10 minutes on 2-3 stories so maybe the FDS is suggesting that's a good pace to consider the experiences at.

I wonder what it's like to work the field of St. Helena with a ratio of one publisher to 33.

'Let's try to make the special campaign last at least two days this year brothers.'

(The St. Helena/Religion Wikipedia article now needs updating.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I remember this WT article about the couple that were selling food supplements http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015682#h=17yet the 2016 has several experiences of friends that preached undercover by pretending to be selling something. One of these days we might look like the couple in the WT to camouflage our preaching activity.  :lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 months later...
On 07/01/2016 at 6:18 PM, MzT said:

Just started reading and I slowed down to look up the references under the light gets brighter. This will definitely take some time.

Should we start a new thread on these references and discuss?  I'm slowing down to try to digest it all too.  My memory is pretty pathetic, can't seem to recall much.....

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)