JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2323 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Everybody seems to be under the impression that the Yearbook will come out this month because of what the letter about the 2017 annual items said. But what it actually said was "the annual items for 2017 will be made available for download on jw.org beginning in October of this year." That doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the Yearbook this month. I thought it usually takes a little longer than a month to compile the report for the 2016 service year.

13 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Everybody seems to be under the impression that the Yearbook will come out this month because of what the letter about the 2017 annual items said. But what it actually said was "the annual items for 2017 will be made available for download on jw.org beginning in October of this year." That doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the Yearbook this month. I thought it usually takes a little longer than a month to compile the report for the 2016 service year.

:(

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, jscotchie said:

I'm glad I was not only one who understood it that way.  The annual items include Examining the Scriptures, which was made ready for download in October, so the statement is true.

The 2016 Yearbook became available for download on December 25, 2015

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/24645-2016-yearbook/#comment-360816

The 2015 Yearbook became available for download on January 5, 2015

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/18651-2015-yearbook-download/#comment-265412

2017 Yearbook becomes available ?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

18 minutes ago, rocket said:

The 2016 Yearbook became available for download on December 25, 2015

There's a joke in there somewhere. ..

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

:scared::scared: Oh nooo! You..you said the "C" word?!! 

:P

I can repeat it: One year ago (two or three) the yearbook was online about christmas time. Better saying the “C” word than celebrating it. How can you explain it why you do not celebrate it without using the word?

1 hour ago, SteEis said:

I can repeat it: One year ago (two or three) the yearbook was online about christmas time. Better saying the “C” word than celebrating it. How can you explain it why you do not celebrate it without using the word?

"I do not observe the pagan celebration of Saturnalia" always worked for me.

Edited by JSmith

5 hours ago, SteEis said:

I think sister Sandra is not being serious... :lol: Even once, the publications written for Slave says Christmas, with a capital C. So, there's any problem for using the word Christmas to talk about this pagan celebration.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

12 minutes ago, Ivine said:

I think sister Sandra is not being serious... :lol: Even once, the publications written for Slave says Christmas, with a capital C. So, there's any problem for using the word Christmas to talk about this pagan celebration.

In the Reasoning book pages 176, 177 and 439 use Christmas with a capital 'C' (and it even say "Father Christmas" in caps).

16 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I wonder if Cuba will finally reach 100,000 publishers...

Cuba had 96,487 publishers. After Cuba the next countries are Malawi (89,626), Ecuador (87,020) and Chile (76,296).

Perhaps Brasil (805,044) or Mexico (832,981) will reach 1,000,000 publishers.

Perhaps (9,703) Taiwan will reach 10,000.

Perhaps Aruba (975) or Cambodia (924) will reach 1,000.

25 minutes ago, SteEis said:

Cuba had 96,487 publishers. After Cuba the next countries are Malawi (89,626), Ecuador (87,020) and Chile (76,296).

Perhaps Brasil (805,044) or Mexico (832,981) will reach 1,000,000 publishers.

Perhaps (9,703) Taiwan will reach 10,000.

Perhaps Aruba (975) or Cambodia (924) will reach 1,000.

Mexico really has a lot of publishers. I know here in Texas, it's not uncommon for a whole Mexican family to come into the truth after one person starts studying. Strong families make strong congregations :D

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 hours ago, SteEis said:

How many memorial partakers were 2016?

Should the memorial partakers number be coming down or going up? That's a tricky question Stefan. My brain tells me it should be down but recently it has been going up. I saw the stats you posted on memorial partakers in another thread. 

I'm still digesting that information.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

43 minutes ago, Nnaemeka said:

Should the memorial partakers number be coming down or going up? That's a tricky question Stefan. My brain tells me it should be down but recently it has been going up. I saw the stats you posted on memorial partakers in another thread. 

It's been mentioned before on other posts: The number of partakers is simply a number.  Going up or down is not of any concern.  The number could be very accurate or completely wrong. In the end Jehovah will decide. Personally, I spend about 30 seconds on that portion of the yearbook.  It means as much to my spiritual life as knowing how many people were baptized happen to have blue eyes.    

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)