JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We all going to die 5 billion years from now.

People think we are fools saying the the Earth and going to last forever. Ecclesiastes 1:4. And here is why: http://www.space.com/14364-earth-consumed-red-giant-star-5b-years.html

Believe me I don't know what our sun is made of. But, lets say that our sun is about to lose all it energy. So what happen next? Maybe an angel or a couple of them can go to the sun and repair or maintain it. That is not hard for them to do. According to the Bible we will live forever on earth. And we will sleep 33 percent our life sleeping,  about 33 percent our life, serving working and and enjoying it. About the other 33 percent? I don't know, but enjoy it.

Can scientists  honestly say that  they fully understand  how our SUN operates ? 

Every now and then they issue big statements  only to be invalid after few years and new theory comes up. 

Lets just keep in mind that scientists can't cure common cold so I would leave anything to do with SUN to bigger boys in heaven. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There an be little doubt that the Sun is burning fuel, sooner or later either you put in more fuel or the fire goes out. When my wood stove starts to cool I put in more wood.

Do we have doubt that Jehovah can refuel the fire as needed? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Have you heard of our galaxy and andromeda colliding? They become as one galaxy at some point. Either our sun is designed to last forever, or it's fuel will be replaced somehow. Or we get somehow new star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision

How will it change our solar system, if this will happen in future?

2 minutes ago, harmania said:

Have you heard of our galaxy and andromeda colliding? They become as one galaxy at some point. Either our sun is designed to last forever, or it's fuel will be replaced somehow. Or we get somehow new star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision

How will it change our solar system, if this will happen in future?

Or ...... After living millions of years as perfect  humans we'll discover that our sun functions in other ways then thought in the medieval dark ages of the last days in 2016  .... LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

20 hours ago, Old said:

There an be little doubt that the Sun is burning fuel, sooner or later either you put in more fuel or the fire goes out. When my wood stove starts to cool I put in more wood.

Do we have doubt that Jehovah can refuel the fire as needed? 

I like the way you put that.  I have always said that Jehovah will take care of the problem when the fuel runs out.  Now I am going to revise that because I like your explanation better.

6 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

I like the way you put that.  I have always said that Jehovah will take care of the problem when the fuel runs out.  Now I am going to revise that because I like your explanation better.

Are you sure that "fuel" will run out ? 

Do we currently understand ALL about Jehovah's creations ? 

What will be our understanding like in 10million years from now ? 

Whatever Jehovah is creating is so efficient 

Consider "simple" tree  (apple tree ?)

It's a factory that does not pollute  yet it produces goods in abundance while providing shade and shelter for humans and birds alike.

Produces more goods in form of oxygen and the whole process is so silent

Well we could keep going and mention practical uses of timber etc 

The point is that Jehovah's creation is efficient therefore I would wait and see few million years to reach final conclusion about "refuelling " our sun. 

Our current understanding of all operations of sun has possibility of being corrected

In the worse scenario yes Jehovah can easly top up energy of sun to keep it going. 

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Good point my brother. IF the sun runs out or going to run out of fuel, Jehovah  will take care of it.

I guess we'll just have to make sure we're around to see how he takes care of it.:sunshine: :cool:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On February 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Dustparticle said:

People think we are fools saying the the Earth and going to last forever. Ecclesiastes 1:4. And here is why: http://www.space.com/14364-earth-consumed-red-giant-star-5b-years.html

Believe me I don't know what our sun is made of. But, lets say that our sun is about to lose all it energy. So what happen next? Maybe an angel or a couple of them can go to the sun and repair or maintain it. That is not hard for them to do. According to the Bible we will live forever on earth. And we will sleep 33 percent our life sleeping,  about 33 percent our life, serving working and and enjoying it. About the other 33 percent? I don't know, but enjoy it.

It's simple....Jehovah's creation cannot outlast him...so he must and will maintain and/or replace things as needed.

Ps. 102:

25 ......the heavens are the work of your hands.+

26 They will perish, but you will remain;

Just like a garment they will all wear out.

Just like clothing you will replace them and they will pass away.

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Yes, stars go nova and die, but humanity was intended to live forever on Earth.  Either Jehovah intended that humanity would find a way to refuel the Sun or he designed our Sun to not go nova and die.  

Perhaps our Sun or all stars like our Sun (G type main sequence yellow dwarf) simply do not go nova.

It will be interesting to finally learn about all these things in detail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 5 billion years the overwhelming majority of humankind could be living on planets going around other stars besides our sun.

Adam and Eve were instructed to fill the earth and that would have been done VERY quickly had they not sinned.  Even with 100% mortality we have largely filled it in just a few thousand years.  Just the blink of an eye as far as forever goes.

Who knows if the next step is not filling the galaxy.  In that case many of us might not even be worried about "this" sun.

5 hours ago, JSmith said:

In 5 billion years the overwhelming majority of humankind could be living on planets going around other stars besides our sun.

Adam and Eve were instructed to fill the earth and that would have been done VERY quickly had they not sinned.  Even with 100% mortality we have largely filled it in just a few thousand years.  Just the blink of an eye as far as forever goes.

Who knows if the next step is not filling the galaxy.  In that case many of us might not even be worried about "this" sun.

Someday I want to travel to the sun. But it'll have to be at night. :sunshine:(tu)

(Ecclesiastes 1:4)  4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.
(Psalm 89:36, 37) . . .His offspring will endure forever; His throne will endure like the sun before me. 37 Like the moon, it will be firmly established forever As a faithful witness in the skies.” (Selah)
*** it-1 p. 1063 Heaven ***
Permanence of Physical Heavens. Eliphaz the Temanite said of God: “Look! In his holy ones he has no faith, and the heavens themselves are actually not clean in his eyes.” However, Jehovah said to Eliphaz that he and his two companions had “not spoken concerning me what is truthful as has my servant Job.” (Job 15:1, 15; 42:7) By contrast, Exodus 24:10 refers to the heavens as representing purity. Thus there is no cause stated in the Bible for God’s destroying the physical heavens.
That the physical heavens are permanent is shown by the fact that they are used in similes relating to things that are everlasting, such as the peaceful, righteous results of the Davidic kingdom inherited by God’s Son. (Ps 72:5-7; Lu 1:32, 33) Thus, texts such as Psalm 102:25, 26 that speak of the heavens as ‘perishing’ and as ‘being replaced like a worn-out garment’ are not to be understood in a literal sense.
At Luke 21:33, Jesus says that “heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.” Other scriptures show that “heaven and earth” will endure forever. (Ge 9:16; Ps 104:5; Ec 1:4) So the “heaven and earth” here may well be symbolic, as are the “former heaven and the former earth” at Revelation 21:1; compare Matthew 24:35.
Psalm 102:25-27 stresses God’s eternity and imperishability, whereas his physical creation of heavens and earth is perishable, that is, it could be destroyed—if such were God’s purpose. Unlike God’s eternal existence, the permanence of any part of his physical creation is not independent. As seen in the earth, the physical creation must undergo a continual renewing process if it is to endure or retain its existing form. That the physical heavens are dependent on God’s will and sustaining power is indicated at Psalm 148, where, after referring to sun, moon, and stars, along with other parts of God’s creation, verse 6 states that God “keeps them standing forever, to time indefinite. A regulation he has given, and it will not pass away.”
The words of Psalm 102:25, 26 apply to Jehovah God, but the apostle Paul quotes them with reference to Jesus Christ. This is because God’s only-begotten Son was God’s personal Agent employed in creating the physical universe. Paul contrasts the Son’s permanence with that of the physical creation, which God, if he so designed, could ‘wrap up just as a cloak’ and set aside.—Heb 1:1, 2, 8, 10-12; compare 1Pe 2:3, ftn.

• 9 months later...

We are made in God's image. If we can re-fuel the things we make like our cars, Jehovah can refuel the stuff he makes. If Jehovah can make the sun stand still or turn back the shadow 10 steps, doesn't that show he is in full control?

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah