JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

June 2016 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2886 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

This link does not work for me. it does not display the various downloading options which always appear below.

Sent from my TECNO H5 using Tapatalk

They are on the bottom right hand corner

https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201606

Edited by mserskine

My face after the “Viewpoints on the Origin of Life” section

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I love all the program, though. But I always struggle with science. But love the part when Br. Schafer says that people that believe in evolution are affected too by the world conditions and problems, and that may be a way to reach them. 

The next time I am about to embark on a pity party for me, I will call to mind our dear Sister who survived the killing fields,

and I will immediately count my blessings, instead of my woes.Yes sad.gif

Now, I'm off to read Brother Park's life story in the 2008 Awake!Hug4.gifyes.gif

But, I'm not going to RUN.No grinning.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Oh,  by the way, DON'T RUN TOO FAST. Take your time. Lol :bringiton:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It's interesting that the inactive brother found the magazine on the bus stop bench, I recall that we were told not to leave magazines at empty bus stops so I assume it was placed with someone and they left it behind....:D 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, AH173 said:

Oh,  by the way, DON'T RUN TOO FAST. Take your time. Lol :bringiton:

That sounds like a good title for a song... almost. It's actually called Don’t Run Fast, and I have now included it in my small collection of original songs in mp3 format.

(Any songs you can't find there are on JW Broadcasting when you click the Audio button.)

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

That sounds like a good title for a song... almost. It's actually called Don’t Run Fast, and I have now included it in my small collection of original songs in mp3 format.

(Any songs you can't find there are on JW Broadcasting when you click the Audio button.)

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!Happy excited.GIF

Music headphones notes.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

As always I enjoyed each monthly program but the experience of Sister Sotan(sp?) from Cambodia touched my heart.  I liked it when she felt very happy hearing Jehovah's name for the first time and that she "superglued it to her heart!"  :D  Also, Brother Schaffer quoted one of my favorite scriptures: 

2016-06-06 20.23.19.png

Each program is superb!  This one (like all of you) touched me, our Sister from Cambodia.  I remember the massacre that happened in that country 40 years ago from hearing about on the news.  Then years later I think Hollywood made a movie "The Killing Fields" (had to interest in watching this) but heard so much about it and the pictures that were in the book.  (which I did not read either).  The entire JW Broadcast program was just wonderful!!!

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It's interesting that the inactive brother found the magazine on the bus stop bench, I recall that we were told not to leave magazines at empty bus stops so I assume it was placed with someone and they left it behind....:D 

Every time I see experiences like that, I am reminded of how I left when I was 18 (though was never baptized), but I considered myself a JW still. I too was looking for happiness elsewhere but was unable to find it, and I knew where I had to go in order to reclaim it.

We've had several of these experiences of inactive ones or those who left and came back (my favorite was that of brother Tillet on the Feb Broadcast). They are helping inactive ones and others to know that its still time to come back, and that it can be done no matter how long you have been gone.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Every time I see experiences like that, I am reminded of how I left when I was 18 (though was never baptized), but I considered myself a JW still. I too was looking for happiness elsewhere but was unable to find it, and I knew where I had to go in order to reclaim it.

We've had several of these experiences of inactive ones or those who left and came back (my favorite was that of brother Tillet on the Feb Broadcast). They are helping inactive ones and others to know that its still time to come back, and that it can be done no matter how long you have been gone.

Even in our upcoming convention, again there Jehovah is reaching out for those inactive ones to come back to Jehovah.  Jehovah will never stop searching for his sheep, even some who have lost their way due to whatever circumstance came up in their life. 

That dramatisation of the young brother realising he was missing something - ie, Jehovah in his life - was so encouraging.  It is hard when your children leave Jehovah.  These lovely re-enactments are based on true stories, so it is very encouraging.  We need to keep positive that Jehovah has it all in hand, and is reaching out to all these lost sheep.

Also, wasn't that brother from India with the sign language territory a really great example?  Just letting himself be used by Jehovah, and look at his thrilling blessings!

23 hours ago, Sheep said:

It's OK. I wasn't quoting the exact title of the song. Just using a humorous phrasing of it. All good. :cool:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Very nice experiences. And I liked the way the brother offered the tract. I'll use it.

Very nice ideas for encouraging the Bible students to attend the meetings.  (Ps. 26:12) The main reason... to praise Jehovah. He deserves that!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

23 minutes ago, Daniela said:

Very nice experiences. And I liked the way the brother offered the tract. I'll use it.

Very nice ideas for encouraging the Bible students to attend the meetings.  (Ps. 26:12) The main reason... to praise Jehovah. He deserves that!

I'm going to watch it! Thanks :)

...But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah (Josue 24:15).

16 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Yes, that Indian brother's experience was indeed faith strengthening.  What really impressed me most was the amount of commute time he took to get to Point A to Point B to reach honest-hearted ones...and he never complained. He helped me to appreciate moreso the virtue of patience. :)

I cannot imagine just how much reliance on Jehovah one would need to make that big a sacrifice. He's basically trusting Jehovah to take care of his material needs, as he said. I only wish I had that sort of faith. Definitely a goal to work toward -- building faith to that degree.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:50 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

As always I enjoyed each monthly program but the experience of Sister Sotan(sp?) from Cambodia touched my heart.  I liked it when she felt very happy hearing Jehovah's name for the first time and that she "superglued it to her heart!" . . .

You're so right, Sandra. I was so touched by that, that... um... er... I... Well, let's put it this way: I'm glad no one else was nearby. :cry: